Thread: Blunder at the craps table

I was in Vegas for the Great Gift Wrap Up and played at Caesars. That's where I saw one of the biggest blunders at the craps table.

A young lady got the dice and had a great roll. Yes, she was a random roller. She picked 'em up and threw them. She got number after number, made several passes, and hit the ALL bonus bet. I was the only player making the Bonus bets and I always make a $5 bet on the small, tall, all for every shooter. I profited about $1500 on her roll with most of it coming from the Small, Tall, All payoffs ($175, $175, $880.)

But the shooter? Well, let's just say this attractive young lady and her two girlfriends at the table loved to play the field and the high and low. The shooter had about $400 when she came to the table. She left the table after the monster roll with about $35 -- total. Not only did she bet $10 on the field on every throw, but sometimes she was betting as much as $25 on the high and low. She did hit aces and midnight -- but just once and she did it with only $5 on the high/low bet. After that first hit she bumped up her bets sometimes as high as $25 and the high/low never hit again.

I was standing next to her at the table and at one point when she expressed disgust that she was losing so much money on the high/low I looked at her and said "stop." But she didn't.

We all applauded her when she finally threw that seven-out, and players thanked her for the great roll, but I could see the pain in her face.

What a blunder.

And how much money have you lost at craps this year????? Exactly...what a blunder!!!

Hi Alan:

I was at Ceasars playing craps this weekend too. I noticed that the one Forum craps table had a minimum of $5 even on Sat night. So I never bothered to look at the craps tables under the dome. Also the craps table at the forum had all bonus bets (All, Tall and Small) available. I usually was the only one making a Bonus bets but none of them ever came in. Oddly, enough I made more money playing the machine "Shoot to Win" craps game. I only play the don't on the machine to avoid feeling like a skunk at a picnic.

FAB

Yes, the Forum table is the same as the others and is usually a $5 minimum.

I hit the all four times this past weekend. Three times with $25 on each (I was the shooter) and the one time with the girl when I played $5 on each.

I also hit the Tall four other times when I shot and hit the Small twice when I shot, always with $25.

But video poker this past weekend was a disaster. Early Sunday morning I hit AAAA four times, once at $2 and three times at $5. Two of the $5 wins were on the same machine within 15 minutes. But I was in Vegas for four days and the rest of the time on video poker was horrible.

Hi Alan:

I thought you said over time you can do well at Video Poker but lose money craps. So this weekend was the inverse. When you play VP, what game do you play at Ceasars? The 7/5 BP?

I play the 8/5 Bonus game ($5 and up denomination). I arrived late Thursday night and the only thing I could hit playing video poker was my head. I lost on Friday and Saturday at video poker. Early Sunday I gave it one more try and for a short time I played 7/5 Bonus for $2 just to see if my luck was changing and it did. I started with $400 and quickly started hitting quads including the quad aces and cashed out $2,000. I went to craps and another shooter had a 40+ minute roll, hitting only the Tall. Then I went back to $5 8/5 Bonus and got quad aces three times in a relatively short period of time including quad-aces twice on the same machine within about fifteen minutes.

Yes, this was a weekend where craps was the better game for me, and this was an unusual weekend.

Normally, I lose at craps and play more video poker than craps.

Thread Information