Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Facial Recognition Software Defeated

Evidently, researchers have managed to create spectacles that, when worn, defeat facial recognition software. Not only that, with varying degrees of success, the glasses can dupe the facial recognition software into thinking you are someone else.

The implications of this are stunning.

Are these available for purchase yet?

Asking for a "friend"...
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Are these available for purchase yet?

Asking for a "friend"...
    LOL. Call Carnegie Mellon. They say the 3-D printed sunglasses cost a quarter to manufacture. I don't think they've settled on the markup.

I want the pair that makes software see me as Milla Jovovich.

Bellagio has facial recognition software that spots high rollers as they drive up the driveway. Get me those glasses and program them so I look like the high roller who is met at the main door with a tray of free play chips.

You mean Richard Gere doesn't gamble? Damn shame.

On my last trip people were walking by the craps table at Caesars talking Anthony Bourdain.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    On my last trip people were walking by the craps table at Caesars talking Anthony Bourdain.
    I like him. His house is run by a "fully clawed cat with a mean nature."

I miss my dear friend, John, who made the trip to Atlantic City with me for the opening of the Taj Mahal back in 1990 or whenever it was. He was a dead ringer for Meat Loaf. One DJ hired him to pretend he was Meat Loaf at a party.

They'll just think you're someone else that got 86'd

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Bellagio has facial recognition software that spots high rollers as they drive up the driveway. Get me those glasses and program them so I look like the high roller who is met at the main door with a tray of free play chips.
    License plate reading software as well.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I like him. His house is run by a "fully clawed cat with a mean nature."

I miss my dear friend, John, who made the trip to Atlantic City with me for the opening of the Taj Mahal back in 1990 or whenever it was. He was a dead ringer for Meat Loaf. One DJ hired him to pretend he was Meat Loaf at a party.
    Odd....I was also at the Grand Opening night of the Trump Taj Mahal. Only I was on a business trip at Ft. Dix, and we decided to run down there to see the spectacle.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Odd....I was also at the Grand Opening night of the Trump Taj Mahal. Only I was on a business trip at Ft. Dix, and we decided to run down there to see the spectacle.
    I wasn't there the first day of, Rob. I was there for a couple of days around the end of the first or beginning of the second week. We listened to a book on tape driving down, written by the son of one of the big machine presidents (I think Bally's). The kid/author had "worked" as an intern for Trump for a few months. What struck me was that he tried to make Trump look bad with various stories and quotes, but after any particular story, you kind of shook your head and said, "I like the guy," meaning Trump. Trump has that "Archie Bunker charm."

Now that's not to say I think he should be prez -- that's out there, but let me give you an example. When the VIP room opened at one of his properties, he went in for a press conference before having seen it. Well, the press was there, and Trump walked in and saw there were low ceilings, and went semi-nuts. Who the f*** designed this?! What's wrong with these f****** ceilings?!? Somebody get me the f*** who made these ceilings! or something like that. And the press was there. Well, the author presented this story as evidence for Trump's asininity, which I guess it is, but you kinda like the guy for being so politically incorrect.

That style of speaking, by the way, goes back to Mayor Rizzo and his crew.

As I recall, table minimums were $25 and the people were three deep. There was no way to get a seat anywhere.
    Last edited by redietz; 11-18-2016 at 09:27 AM.

I still have my ticket stub in a box in SD from attending Opening Night.

You're right--the thought of Donald Trump being a president back then would be a million miles away from what reality was. But today he's desperately needed to fix the mess that Obama bestowed upon our country with his social justice nonsense and his arrogant ego. No one but a BIGGER ego could even begin to repair the wreck we now have. The guy has a genius mind, deep respect and loyalty from those whom he employs, and a tenacious approach. Obama and his baloney will be nothing but a turd in a pot by the time our Pres-elect gets thru with him and his "legacy" items.

Rob, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say when you quote "genius mind," you're opining. I haven't read anything anywhere about Trump being a certified genius, and I'm sure if he were, we'd have heard about it.

Now some people who have worked with him have said he has a kind of autistic focus, in that he's superb at local real estate markets and construction, but doesn't know much about anything else. Cuban was a big Trump supporter at first, but after meeting with him several times, he was appalled at Trumps' narrow knowledge base and distaste for learning, so he got off the bandwagon big-time.

I'm not knocking your boy, Rob. I have no children, so I don't care who has the nuclear codes and all that. A little entertainment in my latter years is great, and I don't have to pay for it. Trump being president is personally beneficial to me, but that would never be a reason I'd vote for somebody.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Rob, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say when you quote "genius mind," you're opining. I haven't read anything anywhere about Trump being a certified genius, and I'm sure if he were, we'd have heard about it.

Now some people who have worked with him have said he has a kind of autistic focus, in that he's superb at local real estate markets and construction, but doesn't know much about anything else. Cuban was a big Trump supporter at first, but after meeting with him several times, he was appalled at Trumps' narrow knowledge base and distaste for learning, so he got off the bandwagon big-time.

I'm not knocking your boy, Rob. I have no children, so I don't care who has the nuclear codes and all that. A little entertainment in my latter years is great, and I don't have to pay for it. Trump being president is personally beneficial to me, but that would never be a reason I'd vote for somebody.
    I just find the fact that Trump brought Rob and Mickey Crimm together is quite the accomplishment. They appear to be two sides of the same coin, this just confirms it.

Red, what people continually miss is the fact that Trump has been one of the most successful businessmen in the US EVER. That alone qualifies him as being genius.

The reason Obama did so poorly and had to lie so much is because all he was was a community organizer who got elected to the Senate because he sympathized with the misery of the people he "community organized".

Oh, Rob, I'm no Obama fan. I have no idea how he wound up running for president. He was a creation.

Hillary's disdain for working class people was so evident, it just blew the entire election process.

Donald Trump, however -- what the heck qualifies him to do anything? His "success" has been debated by people much more in the know than me or you. I've read estimates that if you took what his father left him in cash and holdings and put it in simple, compound interest bearing accounts, he'd be worth roughly the same -- without 3500 lawsuits and a dozen bankruptcies.

It's a hoot. And he seems to not grasp the whole freedom of speech thing.

All the hearsay about Trump & his money is just more of the media's lies about him, and he's said that as have his children. What so many of his business associates and clients have said is how brilliant he is in face-to-face discussions, how he quickly understands the issues, and how he sensibly comes to conclusions. All those properties didn't turn out on the successful high end because of him being a common man.

The lawsuits are expected when billionaires deal with the masses and get personally involved with details over so many years, as any high energy guy like him does. All they represent is just more of his genius however. He's won almost all of them.

Just think of how interesting his presidency will be. Nearly every day we'll awaken to something new and exciting about to happen, whereas with Hillary it would have been more of the boring same--and in the same ugly style of pantsuits. I'm looking forward to all of it.

Nov. 8th was certainly a thing of beauty!

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    All the hearsay about Trump & his money is just more of the media's lies about him, and he's said that as have his children. What so many of his business associates and clients have said is how brilliant he is in face-to-face discussions, how he quickly understands the issues, and how he sensibly comes to conclusions. All those properties didn't turn out on the successful high end because of him being a common man.

The lawsuits are expected when billionaires deal with the masses and get personally involved with details over so many years, as any high energy guy like him does. All they represent is just more of his genius however. He's won almost all of them.

Just think of how interesting his presidency will be. Nearly every day we'll awaken to something new and exciting about to happen, whereas with Hillary it would have been more of the boring same--and in the same ugly style of pantsuits. I'm looking forward to all of it.

Nov. 8th was certainly a thing of beauty!
    Rob, in case you were unaware, there are 500 billionaires in this country. Nobody sues like Trump. He has won more than he's lost because his attorneys are on retainer, and the blue collar companies he sues would have to spend money they don't have to get Trump to honor the original contracts.

As an old journalism major, I have a real problem with Trump's inability to grasp freedom of speech.

The freedom of speech issue is going to drive him stark, raving mad. You can't sue various news corps for equal time or favorable coverage when you're president. He's going to go nuts, as yesterday's "press event" suggested.

I don't know what "business associates" you're talking about outside of East Coast real estate. None -- as in zero -- of the CEOs of the top 100 US companies privately gave to Trump. That is unbelievable.

There is also a clear negative correlation between those who actually dealt with Trump (as opposed to working for him) and their supporting his candidacy. The people who knew him best did not support him.

Those are major red flags.
    Last edited by redietz; 11-22-2016 at 09:31 AM.

Mark Cuban and Mitt Romney are both extremely jealous of Trump, and now they've both been humbled and humiliated. That should say it all for the rest of the rich fools who both underestimated and bad-mouthed him.

The reason that such a cluster of CEO's didn't support him is because they, unlike Trump, are SO out of touch with their employees. Here these geniuses were, believing that the at times insensitive (but totally pedestrian/human) comments Trump blurted out were disgusting to them all--when, as we've now come to understand thru the voting process, that everyday normal people actually either AGREED with him or they were far more interested in his.abilities to get jobs back in this country and how he'll protect us. CEO's support whichever way they think the wind's blowing, and now they're kicking themselves.

Another reason is the CEO's hate that Trump is gonna force them to bring many of those jobs they sent to India, Mexico, Philippines, Costa Rica & China back here, thereby reducing their corporate bonuses....and those of us who care absolutely LOVE this payback.

As I said, Nov. 8th was a thing of beauty, if for no other reason than to watch the faces of the CNN, NBC, CBS, ABC (seeing Martha Radditz whimper was PRICELESS!) and MSNBC hacks slowly deteriorate as the night wore on! And just the thought of corrupt Hillary being embarrassed like that after all her incompetence and lies, brought indescribable satisfaction and gratification to the hearts of so many.

BOOM!!--we're finally rid of the completely disgusting Clintons!!!
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 11-23-2016 at 05:43 AM.

I wonder if anyone noticed when confronted by Hillary about taxes, he replied, just as Rob has in the past, he just used the allowable deductions PLACED by past administrations to LEGALLY lower his taxes and if she didn't like that, the powers that were shoulda done something to change it? Just sayin'.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    I wonder if anyone noticed when confronted by Hillary about taxes, he replied, just as Rob has in the past, he just used the allowable deductions PLACED by past administrations to LEGALLY lower his taxes and if she didn't like that, the powers that were shoulda done something to change it? Just sayin'.
    I noticed that too! The similarities don't stop there! Neither one has provided their tax returns either! Just sayin'.

Thread Information