Thread: WestGate Superbook Contest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I put this here, since it's a Las Vegas contest.

The consensus picks in the WestGate Superbook NFL Contest are the five teams any given week taken by the most entrants. Last week, they went 0-5, bringing their season-long record to 16-33-1, which is unprecedentedly bad. I have never seen a national contest with results this bad this late in the year.

It suggests the books are making a killing, is the translation.

The WestGate consensus selections went 5-0 this week. They were quite overdue.

The contest is pathetic now with it's big takeout of the purse.

Jay operates a lame shop in many respects, a real good shop in other respects.

Originally Posted by PIGGY BANKER View Post
    The contest is pathetic now with it's big takeout of the purse.

Jay operates a lame shop in many respects, a real good shop in other respects.
    I didn't know there was a takeout these days. That's terrible. I would never play. Well, if it were an all-college contest, I might, but any takeout is wrong.

The last four or five years, the Westgate and I have been in agreement on their futures stands, so I have done very little there. When I won the Heritage Sports Race to the Superbowl a few years back, I did hedge a chunk of the 25K in free SB bets by trying to middle some of the offshore props with Westgate props. The Westgate had some outlier SB props.

I know Jay Kornegay going back a long time to his Imperial Palace days, but I'm unfamiliar with what he's doing now. He and I have been in a semi-private bowl handicapping competition the last so many years called LineMasters.

Linemasters, lol
    They are no such thing whatsoever

Linemasters, lol
    They are no such thing whatsoever

I don't know -- maybe Jimmy Vaccaro?

But yeah -- I don't know if Kornegay puts more than five seconds thought into the LineMasters contests. Probably not. He just enters to see who the 40 or 50 people are taking.

And can't allow a self plug opportunity to pass by. I won Linemasters Bowl Contest last year. I got lucky as hell -- won a couple of games I should not have won. I actually lost the first two games I played in the contest and was in last place. Then I won the rest. People didn't even see me coming until it was over.

No, not Jimmy either.
    All frauds

No, not Jimmy either.
    All frauds

Now does this suggest that you're an old Bob Martin or Roxy fan?

redietz, oh for sure.
    The real deal with those two

Any good food options these days at WestGate?

Any good food options these days at WestGate?
    You know, I haven't really hung out there much the last four/five years. Honestly, their numbers lean the way I lean 80% of the time these days, so it's almost gone from an absolutely must check to a brief walk through. I haven't eaten there (except for the buffet and sports deli) in probably six years. The old snack place near the one entrance was scrapped, the sports book deli was redone (and I actually liked their old food). The only restaurant I've eaten in recently was the Benihana's, which I think is the coolest Benihana's I've seen. So I have no info on the restaurant area except that. I do occasionally take my guys to the buffet because it's an old school buffet like something from the 70's. My older guys get a kick out of that.

P.S. As I was writing this, I received a $30 birthday certificate email from Benihana, so it looks as if I'll be making a reservation at the Westgate for lunch. Cool. Correct that -- I read it. Good for dinner only. Not applicable to Happy Hour specials. Fair enough.
    Last edited by redietz; 07-17-2019 at 12:24 PM.

Thread Information