Thread: New info on Total Rewards Diamond and Seven Stars benefits for 2017

Hi everyone.

I was allowed to look at a document today which provided all the details for the 2017 Diamond and Seven Stars programs. I was not allowed to take the document or take any photos of it.

The program will remain almost identical for the upcoming year 2017. If you know the 2016 rules/benefits, they will be very similar in 2017.

However, there are a few changes, and they're all positive.

Diamond and Seven Stars will have until June 30, 2018 to use their trips and experience credits.

In 2016, a negative change was introduced, moving the deadline for trips/experiences to January 31, 2017. It was previously June 30 in prior years.

They have (mostly) gone back to the way it used to be.

You have to book the trip/experience by January 31, 2018, but you have until June 30, 2018 to actually take the trip/experience.

This applies to the Diamond Aspirations trip, Seven Stars annual trip, and Seven Stars experiences.

I don't believe this applies to the Norwegian Cruise, which is still likely required to be completed by January 31, 2018. But I'm not 100% sure on that, as it wasn't listed in the document I saw.

New Bonuses for Reaching 500,000 and 1,000,000 Tier Credits

There is a huge law of diminishing returns in the Seven Stars program once you reach 150,000 tiers, as the extra benefits you get after that are minimal.

While that's still true, the following has been introduced for 2017:

At 500,000 tier credits, you get 2 nights in a "premium suite" at any Caesars property, as well as the ability to attend all 4 Seven Stars Signature Events. You also get some kind of enhanced Atlantis (Bahamas) trip, which is supposedly superior to the trip offered to regular Seven Stars.

At 1,000,000 tier credits, you get 4 more nights in the "premium suite". You also get a Penthouse Suite on Norwegian Cruise Lines. (This isn't as good as it sounds, but it is better than the balcony room you get with the normal Seven Stars benefit). You also get an even more valuable Atlantis offer.

So these aren't huge new benefits, but it's better than nothing. Still not worth it to earn that many tier credits unless you actually enjoy playing (and likely losing) that much.

That's pretty much it. The rest of everything remains identical, from what I could see.

The 4 Signature Events are in the same locations as before (New Orleans, Atlantic City, Tahoe, Vegas), and I saw the dates but don't remember them. No details were given, but I assume they will still be lame.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Just read Seven Stars Insider and Darryl claims that you had until June 30 to use your trip this year, as well.

So maybe that's not a change, though it was highlighted as red (changed) in the document, so I don't know what to say.

I had always heard that you had to book AND use your trip by 1/31/17. I already cashed in my trip for the $500 in RCs, which I might not have done if I could have taken a spring trip.

Oh well.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I didn't read the whole Insider but the reminder poster at the top of the main page still says 12/31-1/31 for Seven Stars and 1/31-6/30 for Aspirations 2. So I don't think you missed anything taking the RCs.

I'm glad that the deadline for next year is going back to later in the year. I'm using my Seven Stars trip in January because it's use it or lose it, and I need to be in Vegas those dates anyway. But I could have done the trip just as well using frequent flier miles and used the $s for a later trip.

How long did it take for u to get the 500 rcs dan, my host said it takes a month

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    Just read Seven Stars Insider and Darryl claims that you had until June 30 to use your trip this year, as well.

So maybe that's not a change, though it was highlighted as red (changed) in the document, so I don't know what to say.

I had always heard that you had to book AND use your trip by 1/31/17. I already cashed in my trip for the $500 in RCs, which I might not have done if I could have taken a spring trip.

Oh well.
    Hi Dan:

A host sent my family an email two months ago that while my wife's Diamond Appreciation trip earned in 2016 had to be booked by January 31, 2017 it could be used to travel up to June. So that the June deadline either is not new or perhaps was an extension made only mid-2016. It still gives one a strong incentive to earn in the beginning of a year for maximum flexibility.

FAB

From what I can find out, it seems that the Aspirations trip was indeed book by 1/31, use by 6/30 for this period, but Seven Stars trip wasn't (it was use by 1/31).

This from Seven Stars Insider seems to agree:

Probably wrong place for this question but oh well.

Can I use my $100 diamond dinner without staying at a caesars property? In other words, can I just go to rewards center and get the coupon and have dinner without staying at a property.

Hi regnis --

Yes you can for the $100 dinner vouchers -- you can just pick it up at the Rewards Desk and use it before the expiration.

It's the resort credit that you can't use without staying at the property.

max

Originally Posted by maxev View Post
    Hi regnis --

Yes you can for the $100 dinner vouchers -- you can just pick it up at the Rewards Desk and use it before the expiration.

It's the resort credit that you can't use without staying at the property.

max
    Thanks Maxev

Also new for 2017, fractional Reward Credits and Tier Credits will be displayed on the Total Touch system! Great, thanks CET.

Interesting. Another incentive to male one more bet.

Originally Posted by nerakil View Post
    Also new for 2017, fractional Reward Credits and Tier Credits will be displayed on the Total Touch system! Great, thanks CET.

A fraction of an RC.

Important stuff. Very essential to know when I'll earn my next penny.

And you guys though that half-pennies died with the 1800s!

Thread Information