Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
I have to differ with this one point. What I am about to tell you may not work for someone else, but it worked for me about a week ago.

I had to make an unexpected trip to Vegas one night last week. After conducting business I went to play some craps at Caesars. About 12 hours later I left with a NET profit of $16,500. Some of that win came from video poker.

One thing I've experienced is that you have to be at the craps table long enough to catch the hot roll. Sometimes it's a long wait, and sometimes you get to the table just as the hot roll comes along.

Here's what happened last week:

I got to the table just as a new shooter got the dice. He had a moderately good roll, and so did the next four shooters and I was one of those four. While none of us five had a monster, ALL of us hit either the SMALL or the TALL bet. No one hit the ALL. I was always playing $25 on the Small Tall All so each time either the SMALL or TALL hit I was paid $875.

Before I knew it, I was up about $8,000. I went to video poker and I lost about $2,000.

I went back to craps and had another decent run and recovered the $2K I lost at video poker.

I went back to video poker and this time I had a very nice run and won a bit more than $8,000 (no royals).

I am now up a bit more than $16,000 and I went back to craps. This is where the lesson about "longevity at the table" is important.

While at the craps table I lost about $3800. And then with only about $200 in my rail, I bet on the next shooter who had a great roll. He only hit the TALL but he made lots of passes and I recovered not only the $3800 that I lost previously, but I also won about $300. Hence my profit on the trip of about $16,500.

Yes, I was CHASING MY LOSSES when I was down $3,800 (but still had about $12,000 in my pocket). But experience told me that cold tables don't stay cold forever... just as hot tables don't stay hot forever.

I also think it's the same at video poker. You just need the bankroll to be at the game to catch the trend that goes your way.
So, you chased your losses and won? I've also accidentally hit a hard 19 and caught a 2.....doesn't mean it's gonna work in the long run nor am I advocating it.

Grats on the 16k+ night.