Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you ever been up 25% of your bankroll?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Because even if a pre-programmed robot were given dice to throw in the same manner every time, I can't believe the expected number wouldn't appear any more often than random.
    You sound like those Wizard people now, Rob. Of course a Robot could demonstrate perfect dice control because a robot CAN throw the dice the same way each and every time, and the table would react the same way each and every time (except once the felt gets worn out after hundreds of throws to the same exact spot). I had this silly argument with the WOV geniuses who claimed a robot could not be built to throw two dice the same way each and every time. I told them if a Robot could be built to land on Mars or land on a comet, a robot could be built to throw two dice the same way each and every time.

And... once you have that robot that can throw two dice the same way each and every time, the two dice would show the same result each and every time because of the basic law of physics: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So you set two dice and throw them the same way and the end result of those two dice will always be the same since the table is a fixed environment that will not change. (Yes, throw the dice in a vacuum if you must so air currents don't impact them.)

The point is, with a controlled throw two dice will perform the way you want them to perform. The issue is, can a human have that control?

Of course, a video of his (or anyone else who says they can accomplish DI/DC) shooting on one of his good days would be very convincing IF their odds-breaking results were the result. Is there any such video anywhere? I wouldn't think regnis would have done one, but the money grubbers like Scoblete & Wong might, since they sell it.
    I have never seen a video which honestly shows true dice control. I've seen videos but if you slow the video or look closely the throws are random.

There was a guy on the WOV forum who started out posting videos claiming he was going to prove dice control exists and I blasted his videos for showing nothing but random throws. Eventually he changed his tune to join the WOV crowd to say dice control does not exist.

The reality was HE could not control the dice. It doesn't mean that dice control doesn't exist.

And that's the message for all of the "nay sayers." It's okay for them to say they can't control the dice, but don't say it doesn't or can't exist.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    You sound like those Wizard people now, Rob. Of course a Robot could demonstrate perfect dice control because a robot CAN throw the dice the same way each and every time, and the table would react the same way each and every time (except once the felt gets worn out after hundreds of throws to the same exact spot). I had this silly argument with the WOV geniuses who claimed a robot could not be built to throw two dice the same way each and every time. I told them if a Robot could be built to land on Mars or land on a comet, a robot could be built to throw two dice the same way each and every time.

And... once you have that robot that can throw two dice the same way each and every time, the two dice would show the same result each and every time because of the basic law of physics: for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. So you set two dice and throw them the same way and the end result of those two dice will always be the same since the table is a fixed environment that will not change. (Yes, throw the dice in a vacuum if you must so air currents don't impact them.)

The point is, with a controlled throw two dice will perform the way you want them to perform. The issue is, can a human have that control?
    Reminds me of the robotic swing machine I watched when I played golf. A 15' circle-short, long, and wide was considered good. And of course wind, ball differences would coincide with the coefficient of friction of the die table surface, and surface contact differences. Not a perfect world.

Alan, do you think that if the numbered balls for the Powerball Lottery were loaded exactly the same way into the machine, dropped into the drum the same way and spun for the exact same amount of time that the numbers would come out the same (or similar) way each time?

I'm not sure that a robot can throw the exact same throw every time, as friction or air pressure or anything else might just alter the throw that tiniest of amount that a die lands just slightly off and then bounces differently. But the robot will throw the dice in a consistent manner where, for the most part, the results will also be consistent.

In live craps, you have to factor in people, hands, chips, and all the other distractions and impediments. That and just the physicality where a human is throwing are going to preclude a perfect throw every time.But as stated before, the expectations need to be realistic. A few more rolls between 7's is huge.

I used various means to try to counter act some of these impediments. I went through the same routine before every throw (like you see certain batters with their batting gloves). I took the same deep breath and relaxed before each throw. One of the biggest problems is sweat on your hands--I wiped my hands down on my shirt tail before every throw. I didn't hi 5 or knuckle punch or anything else between throws. There is some benefit to being compulsive when it comes to this type of thing.

There were also meaningless things that I wanted that just were mental and helped keep my mind clear. I didn't want the dealer to ever give me the dice set on my dice set or on a pair. Meaningless--but it could affect me mentally. Also, if I were the last to be paid, I didn't want the dice already out waiting for me. I made the stick hold them until I had been paid or I made him take them back. This was all meaningless other than it helps with concentration by keeping those "superstitions" out of mind.

Does all of this detract from the fun of the game? Not when you roll for an hour!!

Originally Posted by a2a3dseddie View Post
    Alan, do you think that if the numbered balls for the Powerball Lottery were loaded exactly the same way into the machine, dropped into the drum the same way and spun for the exact same amount of time that the numbers would come out the same (or similar) way each time?
    When I worked for the Fox station here in LA in the late 1980s we were the station that broadcast the lottery drawings. I went to Sacramento to do a report on lottery safety and security. Let me tell you: the balls are not loaded the same way, they are spun around several times even before the program comes on. They are not spun the same amount of time each time. Everything is done so that everything remains as random as possible. In fact gloves are used to handle the balls so no human skin oils come in contact.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I didn't know Ferguson claimed to be a dice influencer. How long has he claimed that?
    Wong believed in DI for awhile and even promoted it in a book "Wong on Dice." But after years of study he renounced his belief in DI in 2011.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Wong believed in DI for awhile and even promoted it in a book "Wong on Dice." But after years of study he renounced his belief in DI in 2011.
    Want to know why? First he said he believed in it because the physics make sense. Then he renounced it because he didn't have the skill.

The physics always make sense but those who don't have the skill will never believe because they are not being objective and won't read about the science behind it.

Want to know why? First he said he believed in it because the physics make sense. Then he renounced it because he didn't have the skill. The physics always make sense but those who don't have the skill will never believe because they are not being objective and won't read about the science behind it.
    I would think that Wong would be smart enough to figure out that maybe he couldn't do it but others could. Anyways, he appeared in that video about the Dominator and seemed to wholeheartedly believe that it was possible, at least for the Dominator, at the time.

Frankly, I think anyone who pays a school to learn DI without even knowing if they have a truly controlled throw is foolish.

It's cheaper to buy the book by Sharpshooter. Then throw dice onto your bed and use the methodology that Wong even promoted: throw the dice onto a sheet of aluminum foil and looks for stripes instead of stars.

If you feel that your dice are aligned and moving in concert and if you see stripes on the foil, then maybe you might want to take a course about how to improve your roll.

People without any skill (including me) are just wasting their money when they don't have a basic skill that can be improved.

At this point, no school can teach me any more. I know what they are going to teach. I also know I don't have the physical ability that I need. But... I keep trying and always will. Not to try would be like breaking up and failing to hold dealt quads in video poker.

Want to know why? First he said he believed in it because the physics make sense. Then he renounced it because he didn't have the skill.

The physics always make sense but those who don't have the skill will never believe because they are not being objective and won't read about the science behind it.
    I don't have the skill to fly an airplane but I know that works. Scoblete and crew are con men plain and simple!

Also, comparing throwing dice to playing baseball doesn't fly.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    I don't have the skill to fly an airplane but I know that works. Scoblete and crew are con men plain and simple!

Also, comparing throwing dice to playing baseball doesn't fly.
    Typical argument. Useless.

I have no idea what the atheists, queers, transgenders, and that collection of liberal weirdos do on WoV. But if they argue against DI being a reality, then they are showing they have at least a sliver of common sense.

Alan, you seem to wholeheartedly want to believe in the concept and go so far as to argue physics, common sense, and you regularly denounce naysayers--even though you have never seen proof. And why haven't you seen or required proof....why hasn't there been any evidence ever submitted by either those who claim it's real or by the hucksters who sell the concept as "real"? Answer: BECAUSE IT'S AN INTERESTING CONTROVERSIAL SUBJECT THAT'S BEST LEFT AS IS.

Wong will switch sides in a flash if there's a penny involved that has a 50% chance of making it into his pocket.

It's easy to understand why Alan wants to believe in DI/DC. He's a craps player that wants to win while playing. The exact same reason Slingshot believes in your bullshit that we all know doesn't work either.

It's easy to understand why Alan wants to believe in DI/DC.
    What about regnis? It sounds like he had DI/DC skills. Is he bullshitting here? Why would he do that?

It's easy to understand why Alan wants to believe in DI/DC. He's a craps player that wants to win while playing. The exact same reason Slingshot believes in your bullshit that we all know doesn't work either.
    I think Alan says he loses at craps. People like you go out of their way to believe that because you want to. Losing at a -EV game makes you feel good.

I don't lose and never have had a losing year since 1996--coincidentally, my last year as a misguided AP. That irritates people like you because it's accomplished in a way that's outside your capability to understand it.

Coach, I believe when regnis says he hits numbers more frequently when he shoots as a "DI". But how can anyone who understands the laws of physics believe that is anything other than crazy random anytime it occurs? That's why I've asked if there's any decent videos out there showing some kind of proof, properly explained prior to shooting.

I think Alan says he loses at craps. People like you go out of their way to believe that because you want to. Losing at a -EV game makes you feel good.

I don't lose and never have had a losing year since 1996--coincidentally, my last year as a misguided AP. That irritates people like you because it's accomplished in a way that's outside your capability to understand it.

Coach, I believe when regnis says he hits numbers more frequently when he shoots as a "DI". But how can anyone who understands the laws of physics believe that is anything other than crazy random anytime it occurs? That's why I've asked if there's any decent videos out there showing some kind of proof, properly explained prior to shooting.
    Wow, 21 years straight of winning...how lucky we all are you take the time to be here all the time,lmfao....The Internet is filled with all kinds...especially like this jackoff.....Like Aesop said,"The older a man gets,the faster he ran as a boy" lolololololololololololololololololololololololol

Of course, the irritation you feel right about now is confirmed by your obsession over me. You commented on nothing else. Oh my....how FAR inside your head must I be!

even though you have never seen proof.
    Now we come down to something with meat. What is proof?

I have seen three, perhaps there was a fourth, shooters who I believe exhibited substantial influence over the dice and had good, lengthy rolls.

All four shooters exhibited the following:

1. Dice were set to a predetermined combination. (Yes, anybody can do this.)
    2. Dice were tossed with a soft throw to the center of the back wall. (This is crucial for DI because the center is not curved.)
    3. Dice traveled in the air side by side, and with a uniform rotation. (Typical of a controlled release.)
    4. Dice appeared to be parallel with the table surface. (Also showing careful aim.)
    5. Dice barely bounced off the back wall and slowly rolled away from the back wall. (Showing a soft throw that avoided points of pyramids.)

Those five steps are the steps I would like to be able to do -- but I don't have the skill (touch, control) to do it.

As I said FOUR players I've seen in all of these years have had this delivery. Three out of the four had substantially long rolls.

There is a 6th requirement that only THREE of the four had:

6. They consistently hit the inside "sister numbers" which were 5,9,6,8 and since they used the "flying wedge" or V shape, hitting these inside numbers is what's expected.

Now, let's return to the question of proof. What is proof?

If the average shooter holds the dice for 6 rolls before losing his turn, would you consider shooters who have an average of 15 or 20 rolls per turn some sort of proof that they are doing something different that beats what a random shooter does?

What is the proof you and all the others require?

Please, don't tell me that your measure of proof is hitting numbers on command, because no one claims that. Even the theoretical books don't say that is possible.

So again, what is your measure of proof?

Of course, the irritation you feel right about now is confirmed by your obsession over me. You commented on nothing else. Oh my....how FAR inside your head must I be!
    Rob, it behooves me to point out that Biloxi Bill has six posts. You have 5000. It's possible you might not have a handle on the definition of "obsession."

And Biloxi, wise up. I had to straighten you out regarding super powers previously. You've gotta learn to be a careful reader! Rob didn't say he won money 21 straight years. He said he won 21 straight years. You know, like Charlie Sheen. "Winning!!!!" Using the word "winning" doesn't necessarily, unless clearly stated, have much to do with money or bottom lines or video poker. It's a state of mind.

Thread Information