I had an interesting discussion with a host today regarding Lake Tahoe.

There is currently an unusual "wall of snow" hitting Tahoe (it's been snowing almost nonstop since New Years, and will continue through at least January 14th -- with as much as 5 feet coming down on Sunday alone!)

So I had a thought...

What if you're in Tahoe on a usual Seven Stars comped trip (4 nights) or an offer (3-5 nights), and you're snowed in?

Provided you've been very actively playing, will Harrah's continue comping you rooms until you're ready to leave?

So I posed this question to a host:

If I am staying at Harrah's Tahoe for 5 nights, and run $50k coin-in per night at "video poker" (I didn't state 9/6 Jacks or Better, but my play history shows that), will that be enough to qualify me for a 6th comp night, provided that I continue playing $50k coin-in per day as I stay extra?

So hypothetically:

Let's say I book 5 comp nights from January 8-13, and my play goes like this:

January 8: $50k coin-in
January 9: $50k coin-in
January 10: $50k coin-in
January 11: $50k coin-in
January 12: $50k coin-in

Will I be able to stay January 13th comped?

Shockingly, the answer was NO!

"That play would not be enough", I was told, after first being given a lot of vague "It's too hard to tell" type answers. After pressing for a concrete answer, the host looked up my play from March 2015 (when I did exactly the above), and was told that such play would NOT qualify me (or anyone who hadn't "earned" prior comps) for a 6th comped night.