Thread: Alan, you have investigated a lot.....

Have you come across this? Last week I went to pick up my wife's meds and had to pay full price-was told BlueCross/BlueShield had dropped my wife's insurance. On calling them, the horrified representative said she didn't know how to tell us but said we were 2¢ short on November and December payments so they canceled her insurance! They have had it on review, but it's apparent I' m gonna have to reapply as every time I call it's still in in review. The kicker came when yesterday I received a $750 bill for her labs. Several friends have told me of similar instances. The hardest part to understand was they were sending me a refund of $3.46! WTH?

Moderator, I just realized this probably shoulda gone on whatever's on your mind forum-if you want to change it. I use this forum so much, I didn't think to look first.

I'm sure Dan will move this thread.

Frankly, I'm not surprised that your insurance was canceled. But what does surprise me is that you didn't receive a courtesy call warning you that your payment was not made in full.

I recently moved and I did not receive my quarterly insurance premium on time. I received a courtesy letter saying I had 30 days to pay or my insurance would be canceled. The delay in the original premium statement was because of the post office forwarding my mail. My premium was paid a few days late and there was no problem. But my insurance is thru my union, SAG-AFTRA and I think they look out for the members.

Right. All I did every month was use their auto pay and say "pay balance" to automated system. After 6 th call today they say it will be reinstated and a notice sent for the amount. They wouldn't let me pay for January!
    Dan, if you want to do away with this thread- fine. I lost my cool and ranted. I know how Alan must have felt with the hand injury.

Thread Information