When I booked my Tahoe trip, I wanted to get my host "credit" for my large amount of play I expected to do.

I finally have a good host. Most others I've dealt with have treated me somewhere between a pariah and a nuisance. This one is nice and helpful.

Anyway, I e-mailed her and told her I could probably book the stay myself, but that I wanted her to get credit for my play. I asked if that meant she had to book it.

She said that, yes, she had to book it (or at least be associated with the booking).

I did that, and she got the credit.

Keep in mind that this was a visit to an outside market (Tahoe) when my home market is Vegas.

I am not clear about how it's done when you book yourself (using the 800 number or online) in the home market.

Also, I wonder if the converse is true. If I booked Tahoe myself and then didn't play at all, would that have prevented her numbers from being dinged by my lack of play? I was always under the impression that CET hosts aren't dinged at all if you make the reservation yourself, which is part of the reason I like to book no-play stays on my own whenever possible.

Anyone have more info on this?

BTW, not sure if this matters, but I'm not sure if she's a direct employee of CET. Her e-mail goes to her own private travel company, and she claims she works "7 days a week", which is not common for CET hosts. However, the way I found her (and became associated with her) was when I needed a Rio host to approve my Seven Stars trip about a year ago.