Thread: Restaurant Review: Gordon Ramsay Steak at Paris

This has always been one of my favorite fine dining spots in Vegas but I always had a complaint about it: it was too noisy because the music was blaring -- and it wasn't from a live band. It was blaring piped in music which made it intolerable. But I was back at Gordon Ramsay Steak for dinner on Valentine's Day and there was a significant change: they turned down the decibels and now you can actually enjoy a conversation along with the fine food.

Part of the fine dining is listening both to your waiter and to your food server describe each dish, and another part of the experience is when the "steak trolley" is brought to your table and the waiter describes the various cuts of meat and how they are prepared. But previously when the music was blaring this part of the show was lost. Now you can enjoy it.

Service continues to be tops, the portions are still large, and the side of grits with seafood that we ordered for two people easily could have served four or more.

My full review with photos is on my website here: http://alanbestbuys.com/id227.html

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    This has always been one of my favorite fine dining spots in Vegas but I always had a complaint about it: it was too noisy because the music was blaring -- and it wasn't from a live band. It was blaring piped in music which made it intolerable. But I was back at Gordon Ramsay Steak for dinner on Valentine's Day and there was a significant change: they turned down the decibels and now you can actually enjoy a conversation along with the fine food.

Part of the fine dining is listening both to your waiter and to your food server describe each dish, and another part of the experience is when the "steak trolley" is brought to your table and the waiter describes the various cuts of meat and how they are prepared. But previously when the music was blaring this part of the show was lost. Now you can enjoy it.

Service continues to be tops, the portions are still large, and the side of grits with seafood that we ordered for two people easily could have served four or more.

My full review with photos is on my website here: http://alanbestbuys.com/id227.html
    Ramsay Steak remains one of our favorite eating places in Vegas. I've used it for several special events and it has never disappointed. The music seemed toned down last year, but we were seated on the second floor so I'm not sure how loud it was on the ground floor.

We've hit the bar many times just for the sticky toffee pudding. Still one of the best desserts I've ever had.

Thanks for the review... my only complaint about GRS is that they didn't seem to know what "medium rare plus" was. So I ordered medium rare, and it was predictably undercooked. Call me picky, but when I'm paying $60+ for a steak, that shouldn't be an issue.

James it was always quieter on the second floor and there are private rooms there.

I dined at Gordon Ramsay steak one time. Here was my experience:

- Food was excellent. Probably the best steakhouse food I've had in Vegas.

- Service was hit-and-miss. They made some mistakes, and kept disappearing for awhile.

- Did not notice a problem with loud music, but I was on the second floor. I do recall walking out at the end of the meal and noticing that the first floor was significantly louder. Like Alan, I don't enjoy blaring music during fine dining.

- I had a $20 "Open Table" (the app) dining certificate, which is good for any restaurant using that system. I could have used it anywhere, but I happened to earn it right when I went to Ramsay Steak, so I opted to use it there. HUGE MISTAKE. They had fits trying to get it to work. At one point they tried to tell me that it couldn't be accepted along with RCs (NOT TRUE), and they were taking forever to redeem it. I kept telling them to just forget it and give it back to me for another restaurant, but I guess they had already entered it and it was irreversible, but were having trouble combining my RCs with its use. I sat there for like 25 minutes while they tried to figure it out. Finally I got the manager and said I couldn't wait any longer, and that they either needed to get the system working or comp my meal. Finally they got it working, and I thought I was home free. However, I found out later that they accidentally double-charged my RCs. I came to this realization when I charged a large Nobu meal to my RCs the next night. Fortunately I still had enough to cover it, as my Ramsay meal was also expensive! When I called Ramsay Steak about fixing it, the manager was kinda flippant with me, and acted as if it was no big deal that hundreds of $ of RCs were missing. It took about 3 different calls to get this fixed, too. They kept promising to "fix" it, but my RCs still did not return. Finally they got it right. I asked the manager if something could be done for me for having to waste so much time on this mess (plus having my RCs disappear), and he stingily offered me "a dessert" for the next time I came in. I then told him that I wasn't going to bother coming back if he thought this entire mess was worth a dessert, at which point he said he'd "do something a lot more substantial", and that I should ask for him next time I came in. I never ended up going back.

This was about 3 years ago.

I probably would go back, as I really did like the food, but boy that RC mess really left a sour taste in my mouth.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Dan in all honesty... when you hit a staff with something unusual such as using an Open Table coupon along with RCs I can understand how mistakes get made. I agree it shouldn't have taken 25 minutes to fix it. I also agree you shouldn't have been double charged with RCs and that should have been fixed immediately.

How does someone like you have so much bad luck?????

Thread Information