Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: Lost the girl, won at craps

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    redietz please end this agony and just give us some links. thanks.
    I'll send you a hard copy of almost everything, Alan, or if you prefer, photos of the appropriate pages. Just PM me an email address or physical address, and I'll make sure I put something together in the next 60 days or so. I'm not posting anything for the sake of Rob or coach.

And for the record, if you check, I went years and somewhere between 1500 and 2000 posts here without mentioning anything about myself or credential yapping. It was only when Rob went off on one of his "I'm the expert and you're not" blowhard rants that I pulled rank. Rob has no credentials other than being a Gaming Today columnist for eight years. Frankly, my being part of Marc Lawrence's crew and writing in the House of Sports Newsletter and Playbook and being in the invitation-only Wise Guys contest for decades -- that by itself outstrips anything Rob has done or is likely to do in terms of gambling credentials.

The bottom line is that Rob has no credentials other than the GT column. He claims to have won a million dollars over 10 years playing negative EV vp games. Did GT ever verify that or vet Rob? Readers should call GT and ask.

Coach keeps criticizing me for my credentials. Yeah, I consider them modest. I would have liked to have won the Wise Guys more than once. I would like to have shown a profit every year. I would like to have been the top college guy in the McCusker Report every single season. But I'm not Sherlock Holmes or Superman. Coach, if you have such little respect for my gambling credentials, what exactly do you think of Rob's?

Rob, what exactly are you going to do when my stuff makes its way to Alan's inbox? Apologize?
    This is funny. Redietz goes on and on about his "accolades" yet nothing can be found on him or his claims on the internet. Then he offers to send Alan "hard copies" of who knows what, and makes a proclamation that neither coach or myself "are worthy" of verifying his superiority to me. You can't make this stuff up. Even mickeycrimm would be hard-pressed to come up with a rap like that.

The problem is red, that whatever bs you spew about yourself means absolutely nothing unless and until you prove your identity in addition to your claims. But that's something you just can't do, even if you send Alan those hard copies....which brings to mind how arci did that and in the process, looked like a total stupido.

I do appreciate, however, your constant but minimalist effort to scratch that never-ending itch you have about me. My GT years of course are well-documented history, and I was in fact vetted by the great Chuck DiRocco as he witnessed the ease in which I won over $3000 while playing an SPS session, $1-$25 at Terribles--something neither Dancer or that idiot Skippy Hughes could never accomplish. Their rewards? "YOU'RE FIRED, fools, and Rob Singer's replacing both your phony AP asses!"

My other "credentials? Well, publishing a letter from Bellagio banning me, right off the bat is a bit more that you could ever produce. I've been on several episodes of the Travel Channel effectively putting an end to the myth about AP vp play. I've been on ESPN radio. I've had two gaming books published. I had articles published in Double Down Magazine and in Gambling Times. I've been threatened to be sued by fatboy Jeff Compton and his sidekick Dancer. And I've got a big "schlong" as you call it. Oh....and I have. WIFE and am not some loser with a "girlfriend" in my 60's.

Nuff said, don'tcha think?!
    Rob, out of curiosity, how many of these credentials are accessible via links?

I'll send you a hard copy of almost everything, Alan, or if you prefer, photos of the appropriate pages. Just PM me an email address or physical address, and I'll make sure I put something together in the next 60 days or so. I'm not posting anything for the sake of Rob or coach.

And for the record, if you check, I went years and somewhere between 1500 and 2000 posts here without mentioning anything about myself or credential yapping. It was only when Rob went off on one of his "I'm the expert and you're not" blowhard rants that I pulled rank. Rob has no credentials other than being a Gaming Today columnist for eight years. Frankly, my being part of Marc Lawrence's crew and writing in the House of Sports Newsletter and Playbook and being in the invitation-only Wise Guys contest for decades -- that by itself outstrips anything Rob has done or is likely to do in terms of gambling credentials.

The bottom line is that Rob has no credentials other than the GT column. He claims to have won a million dollars over 10 years playing negative EV vp games. Did GT ever verify that or vet Rob? Readers should call GT and ask.

Coach keeps criticizing me for my credentials. Yeah, I consider them modest. I would have liked to have won the Wise Guys more than once. I would like to have shown a profit every year. I would like to have been the top college guy in the McCusker Report every single season. But I'm not Sherlock Holmes or Superman. Coach, if you have such little respect for my gambling credentials, what exactly do you think of Rob's?

Rob, what exactly are you going to do when my stuff makes its way to Alan's inbox? Apologize?
    This is funny. Redietz goes on and on about his "accolades" yet nothing can be found on him or his claims on the internet. Then he offers to send Alan "hard copies" of who knows what, and makes a proclamation that neither coach or myself "are worthy" of verifying his superiority to me. You can't make this stuff up. Even mickeycrimm would be hard-pressed to come up with a rap like that.

The problem is red, that whatever bs you spew about yourself means absolutely nothing unless and until you prove your identity in addition to your claims. But that's something you just can't do, even if you send Alan those hard copies....which brings to mind how arci did that and in the process, looked like a total stupido.

I do appreciate, however, your constant but minimalist effort to scratch that never-ending itch you have about me. My GT years of course are well-documented history, and I was in fact vetted by the great Chuck DiRocco as he witnessed the ease in which I won over $3000 while playing an SPS session, $1-$25 at Terribles--something neither Dancer or that idiot Skippy Hughes could never accomplish. Their rewards? "YOU'RE FIRED, fools, and Rob Singer's replacing both your phony AP asses!"

My other "credentials? Well, publishing a letter from Bellagio banning me, right off the bat is a bit more that you could ever produce. I've been on several episodes of the Travel Channel effectively putting an end to the myth about AP vp play. I've been on ESPN radio. I've had two gaming books published. I had articles published in Double Down Magazine and in Gambling Times. I've been threatened to be sued by fatboy Jeff Compton and his sidekick Dancer. And I've got a big "schlong" as you call it. Oh....and I have. WIFE and am not some loser with a "girlfriend" in my 60's.

Dumb curiosity question, which is obviously trying to compare my credentials to whatever you're claiming. I'm a known expert in my field, albeit retired, who's almost as famous for exposing "ap-vp play" being nothing more than a simple state of mind, as I am for being the best vp player ever.

You, otoh, are an unknown anonymous internet hack, until and unless you finally provide some links to confirm your assertions about yourself as well as identity proof.

So let's get real.

Frankly, my being part of Marc Lawrence's crew and writing in the House of Sports Newsletter and Playbook and being in the invitation-only Wise Guys contest for decades...
    I would have liked to have won the Wise Guys more than once. I would like to have shown a profit every year. I would like to have been the top college guy in the McCusker Report every single season.
    Let's give redietz some credit here: he has mentioned several things for his critics to check out. Is anyone going to check these out FIRST before continuing to say he has NO credentials?

redietz please end this agony and just give us some links. thanks.

Will the Coach confirm this? lololololololololololol

Dumb curiosity question, which is obviously trying to compare my credentials to whatever you're claiming. I'm a known expert in my field, albeit retired, who's almost as famous for exposing "ap-vp play" being nothing more than a simple state of mind, as I am for being the best vp player ever.

You, otoh, are an unknown anonymous internet hack, until and unless you finally provide some links to confirm your assertions about yourself as well as identity proof.

So let's get real.

LOL --

Methinks

If Rob had links.

He'd put them on display.

The best vp player ever

Has no evidence to tether

To his blather and his bray.

Frankly, my being part of Marc Lawrence's crew and writing in the House of Sports Newsletter and Playbook and being in the invitation-only Wise Guys contest for decades...
    I would have liked to have won the Wise Guys more than once. I would like to have shown a profit every year. I would like to have been the top college guy in the McCusker Report every single season.
    Let's give redietz some credit here: he has mentioned several things for his critics to check out. Is anyone going to check these out FIRST before continuing to say he has NO credentials?

You might want to start with www.vegaswiseguys.com.

I'll ship everything else to you within 60 days.

LOLOLOLOL!!!! I haven't laughed so hard since you got caught using the sockpuppet alias , Aces_hi.

If all of your allegations were true then you would have made only $750,000 over a 15 year career, an average gross of $50,000 a year. Do you really think this qualifies you as the best vp player ever? But also according to yourself you never paid a dime of income tax in that period. Technically speaking, this means you didn't make any money at all. LMAO!!!! And could you tell us what "other experts" endorsed you as the best vp player ever? No, you can't. The only person who voted for you as the best was yourself. You are a legend in your own mind.

Now, if a vote for the biggest quack ever in video poker were taken you would win hands down. You would get 100% of the vote. That is, excepting your own vote. What you are really famous for is your long history of bashing the real experts without ever putting up one shred of evidence to prove your claims. You are the epitome of a quack.

A poll should be taken on all the gambling forums asking the question "Is Rob Singer the best video poker player ever?" This would go a long way in showing just what a dumass everyone considers you to be.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 05-10-2017 at 08:54 PM.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    But also according to yourself you never paid a dime of income tax in that period. Technically speaking, this means you didn't make any money at all.
    I can't argue with this. If no tax liability then there were no profits. If all of his profits were eaten up by expenses, then what was the point of playing?

LOLOLOLOL!!!! I haven't laughed so hard since you got caught using the sockpuppet alias , Aces_hi.

If all of your allegations were true then you would have made only $750,000 over a 15 year career, an average gross of $50,000 a year. Do you really think this qualifies you as the best vp player ever? But also according to yourself you never paid a dime of income tax in that period. Technically speaking, this means you didn't make any money at all. LMAO!!!! And could you tell us what "other experts" endorsed you as the best vp player ever? No, you can't. The only person who voted for you as the best was yourself. You are a legend in your own mind.

Now, if a vote for the biggest quack ever in video poker were taken you would win hands down. You would get 100% of the vote. That is, excepting your own vote. What you are really famous for is your long history of bashing the real experts without ever putting up one shred of evidence to prove your claims. You are the epitome of a quack.

A poll should be taken on all the gambling forums asking the question "Is Rob Singer the best video poker player ever?" This would go a long way in showing just what a dumass everyone considers you to be.
    Mike McCusker, the former Seattle Times reporter who published the McCusker Report in Las Vegas in the 80's and 90's, coined a word for the evidence people used to promote their gambling expertise when they hadn't demonstrated any gambling expertise. He called it, "Crockumentation."

Usually it was anecdotal, referring to some idiosyncratic personal system, and the success was almost always based on alleged money won, not numbers that could be verified or examined. The crockumentation was generally personal in nature. Often one or two high-profile people would go to bat for the claimant, but when it came time to put numbers to the verification, the high-profile people would beg off the details and back off their support.

Quackery tends to look the same across many disciplines.

But also according to yourself you never paid a dime of income tax in that period. Technically speaking, this means you didn't make any money at all.
    I can't argue with this. If no tax liability then there were no profits. If all of his profits were eaten up by expenses, then what was the point of playing?
    You asked this in the past and I explained it. Ever taken a deduction on schedule C for business use of house? If you didn't take the deduction then your house expense would still be there, right?

Even had people over for a bbq that you would have done whether or not you were able to deduct the expense as a business mtg.?

Ever taken people out to dinner that you would have done anyway....only now you are able to deduct the expense?

Ever been able to drive 10,000 miles around the country to "advise and meet with clients"--and deduct everything about it?

You see Alan, what you're missing is how most of the expenses in the life I was living WOULD HAVE BEEN INCURRED ANYWAY. I was just smart enough to deduct the expenses from my profiting. And legally so. Loopholes and connections are a wonderful thing--especially for successful professional gamblers.

Has this sunk in yet?

So let's get real.

LOL --

Methinks

If Rob had links.

The best vp player ever

Big difference red. My accolades are all in the decade+ past, and my identity has been known since day 1 of Rob Singer's existence; you claim recent big-deals that you so far haven't shown confirmation of. And if course, no one knows who you really are anyway.

Ever taken people out to dinner that you would have done anyway....only now you are able to deduct the expense? Ever been able to drive 10,000 miles around the country to "advise and meet with clients"--and deduct everything about it?

You see Alan, what you're missing is how most of the expenses in the life I was living WOULD HAVE BEEN INCURRED ANYWAY. I was just smart enough to deduct the expenses from my profiting. And legally so. Loopholes and connections are a wonderful thing--especially for successful professional gamblers. Has this sunk in yet?
    If you burned all the money off like that then in the end you had nothing left to show for your effort.

So let's get real.

LOL --

Methinks

If Rob had links.

The best vp player ever

Big difference red. My accolades are all in the decade+ past, and my identity has been known since day 1 of Rob Singer's existence; you claim recent big-deals that you so far haven't shown confirmation of. And if course, no one knows who you really are anyway.
    Do you just not pay attention when the blather isn't your own?

Besides the recent Race to the Super Bowl win and third place in the Northbet Pick the Pros contest, I don't think I've mentioned anything recent. Alan saw the Heritage screenshot of my win. I think regnis did, too. Sorry to mention these, guys -- I'm not asking for confirmation. I'm just stating facts. If I sit down with Alan or Dan, I can just call Heritage.

So Rob, who has been bemoaning my lack of links, somehow isn't ready with a handful of his own links. His accolades, he says, are all in the past, ergo few if any links. His "identity has been known since day 1" -- while he posts under a pseudonym, and I post under my own name. Rob's an expert because he says he's an expert.

The bottom line is Rob is struggling to find links to his own stuff. Plus he has nobody going to bat for him who can verify his extraordinary claims. It is bizarre bordering on comically absurd for him to hold someone else to completely different standards.

As to the "nobody knows who I am" comment. I'm good with that, my friend. I go out of my way to be good with that. I went years and a couple thousand posts here without mentioning anything about what I do. Compare that to a certain "best video poker player ever."

Expertise isn't about exposure to the general public. Expertise is about who in your field respects you and knows you. You're confusing fame and expertise. They are two wildly different things.

Nothing but diversion again red. You can go on claiming Alan and regnis and Mother Teresa somehow "know" your accolades, but unless and until you provide some sort of proof/evidence of just ONE claim, you're really nothing more than a typical internet hack who claims certain things just to feel important. And unless and until you prove your identity--which neither you nor google has been able or willing to do thus far--you're nothing more than just another anonymous internet troll. Plain and simple. And you are either a complete liar---or a full-up coward.

Time to come clean yet?

I already listed www.vegaswiseguys.com.

Everything else will be delivered to Alan within 60 days.

So, Rob, is there anyone we can call to verify you're the greatest vp player of all time? Out of curiosity, does your wife put you in the top 10? Maybe she could sign an affidavit or something.

Nothing but diversion again red. You can go on claiming Alan and regnis and Mother Teresa somehow "know" your accolades, but unless and until you provide some sort of proof/evidence of just ONE claim, you're really nothing more than a typical internet hack who claims certain things just to feel important. And unless and until you prove your identity--which neither you nor google has been able or willing to do thus far--you're nothing more than just another anonymous internet troll. Plain and simple. And you are either a complete liar---or a full-up coward.

Time to come clean yet?
    Rob, don't you believe Alan? He said nothing actually gets scrubbed from the internet. It just gets deeply buried. So you must not be googling deep enough. Keep working, buddy. I must be there somewhere, like at www.vegaswiseguys.com.

I know you're getting old, man, but this is about the fourth time I'm explaining the definition of "anonymous" to you. I use my real name here, so I am not anonymous. Anonymous means you use a fake name or wear a mask or something. You know, like Batman or Spider-man. If I post under "redietz," and my name is R.E.Dietz, that's a poor attempt at anonymity. It would be like Spider-man posting as "P.Parker." Capische? If the lack of periods in "redietz" throws you, I'll try to add some. Now you, on the other hand, post under a name that isn't really yours. That makes you anonymous to new readers.

I hope that was helpful.
    Last edited by redietz; 05-12-2017 at 06:30 AM.

You asked this in the past and I explained it. Ever taken a deduction on schedule C for business use of house? If you didn't take the deduction then your house expense would still be there, right?

Even had people over for a bbq that you would have done whether or not you were able to deduct the expense as a business mtg.?

Ever taken people out to dinner that you would have done anyway....only now you are able to deduct the expense?

Ever been able to drive 10,000 miles around the country to "advise and meet with clients"--and deduct everything about it?

You see Alan, what you're missing is how most of the expenses in the life I was living WOULD HAVE BEEN INCURRED ANYWAY. I was just smart enough to deduct the expenses from my profiting. And legally so. Loopholes and connections are a wonderful thing--especially for successful professional gamblers.

Has this sunk in yet?
    What has "sunk in" Rob is a serious question about what true business expenses you deducted and what ordinary, non-business expenses you claimed as business deductions? And your comment about "connections" makes us suspect that there was inside criminal activity.

Typical non-helpful, on the usual several levels.

The name you've continued to provide comes up empty in every internet search by anyone who tries it. And even if it were located with accolades galore, there's no proof this name's actually you. And in what's become normal fashion now for you whenever the pressure gets applied, you come out with "it's not my job to confirm anything" or "I'm right because Gaming Today stinks".

Come clean, for once.

If I post under "redietz," and my name is R.E.Dietz, that's a poor attempt at anonymity.
    Has anyone here met you to confirm that your name is R.E. Dietz? For all we know, you assumed the identity of someone named R.E. Dietz.

Now I am being facetious.

I believe you are R.E. Dietz and why wouldn't I? And what would the difference be if your name isn't really R.E. Dietz? Your name doesn't help me. But the information you share here could help me.

Same with Rob Singer. I know Rob Singer's real name. But when I call him on the phone he is Rob Singer. If we are meeting in a casino or at a restaurant his name is Rob Singer.

By the way, over the years I have worked with a LOT of TV news reporters who do not use their real names. But in public their "air names" are the names we use.

What's in a name, anyway? Just don't call me late for dinner.

The name you've continued to provide comes up empty in every internet search by anyone who tries it.
    Rob, don't you believe Alan? He said nothing actually gets scrubbed from the internet. It just gets deeply buried. So you must not be googling deep enough. Keep working, buddy. I must be there somewhere, like at www.vegaswiseguys.com.
    Bob Dietz? Is that you redietz? You're right there on the first page.

Thread Information