I'll be traveling to Caesars AC soon as part of my Seven Stars trip and want a suite.

I played a lot in Tahoe in January (10 days straight of $50k coin-in), but I'm probably still overcomped overall, and I have never put a penny into an AC machine.

I was told that I will be getting a standard room, even though it's my Seven Stars trip.

That's understandable, as I know suites are limited there.

However, I am being told the following:

1) They only assign suites via a "suites committee" which meets once per week, and otherwise you don't get one.

2) You only get the suite for your entire stay, or you don't get it at all. So if your reservation partially touches a weekend, then they need to approve you based upon a weekend stay, even if most of the stay is during the week. This is true even if you wish to move back to a regular room come Friday.

3) Even if you show up on property to check in and the place is WIDE OPEN with tons of suites available, they won't give you one unless you pay a $200 minimum "upgrade fee". (This is waived if your play qualifies, but otherwise you don't get it comp, even on your Seven Stars trip.)

#3 is what surprises me the most. I have always understood that Seven Stars on their annual trip get a suite if it's available at check-in, even if they don't otherwise qualify.

Can anyone help me here regarding this info?

Does the "$20 trick" work in AC to get a suite?