Thread: Tip: Make sure your Total Rewards card isn't "back in time"

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    When playing a machine at a Total Rewards property, be aware that your card may still be stuck on a previous day, and you won't be earning toward the day you think you are.

This can be avoided by reading what the card says when you put it in.

It will say the current date and how many tiers you earned. So if you see a different date listed than today's date, simply pull the card, wait 10 seconds, and put it back in. That should fix it (but make sure to look to check this).

You should only have to do this once per day, at most.

Also, while playing, I would suggest pulling and reinserting your card every so often, so make sure the proper number of tier credits are being recorded. I once watched a guy lose 5000 tier credits at Rincon because he didn't do this.

Also, supposedly there is a trick that you can play on "yesterday's tiers" by inserting it before the Total Rewards day end (around 4-6am at most properties), and then not pulling your card until you're done. But that's not confirmed, as I've never tried it.

It also might work if you're seeing yesterday's date when you insert the card, but again, I've never tried it.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I have had this happen to me. But really your card is not "stuck" on a previous day. You are still earning points for the current day.

I went through this at Caesars a while back. The machine display just would not reset... but later the machine did correct and all my earned points were there.

Ironically the machine reset after a floorperson had to reset the machine after a handpay.

I was told as long as the lights are green, it doesn't matter what the display shows you are earning Total Rewards credits. I haven't been able to confirm if this is true or not.

Originally Posted by Canadian_Gambler View Post
    I was told as long as the lights are green, it doesn't matter what the display shows you are earning Total Rewards credits. I haven't been able to confirm if this is true or not.
    It's true.

Ah I had a hunch about the tier credit earning for the previous day. I've noticed it when I was at Rincon a couple of times. Glad to see it confirmed by others.

In fact, I'm now quite paranoid about how it is recorded, so much that - During drawings. I pull my card out and back in when it's time for another drawing/giveaway, just to make sure I get those tickets.

Originally Posted by ccship View Post
    During drawings. I pull my card out and back in when it's time for another drawing/giveaway, just to make sure I get those tickets.
    ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!!!! Your points aren't officially added to your account until you pull your card, or if you are at table, have the floor person "close" your account.

When you go to the Great Gift Wrap Up and you play just before you go "shopping" if you were at a table be sure the floor person closes out your account. At a machine it's easy -- you just pull your card.

Thread Information