When playing a machine at a Total Rewards property, be aware that your card may still be stuck on a previous day, and you won't be earning toward the day you think you are.

This can be avoided by reading what the card says when you put it in.

It will say the current date and how many tiers you earned. So if you see a different date listed than today's date, simply pull the card, wait 10 seconds, and put it back in. That should fix it (but make sure to look to check this).

You should only have to do this once per day, at most.

Also, while playing, I would suggest pulling and reinserting your card every so often, so make sure the proper number of tier credits are being recorded. I once watched a guy lose 5000 tier credits at Rincon because he didn't do this.

Also, supposedly there is a trick that you can play on "yesterday's tiers" by inserting it before the Total Rewards day end (around 4-6am at most properties), and then not pulling your card until you're done. But that's not confirmed, as I've never tried it.

It also might work if you're seeing yesterday's date when you insert the card, but again, I've never tried it.