Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best video poker at Caesars properties around the US

I can answer this dannyj.

1. It's against the rules.
    2. But if it happens they cannot deny you the jackpot.
    3. For all practical purposes no one will care.
    4. Could some asshole take action against you and delete points from your account? Yes. But is it likely to happen? No.

There's time between hitting the jackpot and when someone shows up... so switch the cards. The slot attendant won't know.

If you get caught just say, oops wrong card. They won't shoot you.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I can answer this dannyj.

1. It's against the rules.
    2. But if it happens they cannot deny you the jackpot.
    3. For all practical purposes no one will care.
    4. Could some asshole take action against you and delete points from your account? Yes. But is it likely to happen? No.

There's time between hitting the jackpot and when someone shows up... so switch the cards. The slot attendant won't know.

If you get caught just say, oops wrong card. They won't shoot you.

Thanks Alan.

It doesn't make much sense to me to play on our own cards and quite possibly both not make diamond. If we team up one of us (probably me as I have more TC's) can make next level.

As far as breaking the rules, I'm going to rationalize that we're not really cheating them out of anything, especially for married couples. I will defer to your #3.

the reason why Caesars changed the rules several years ago to have separate accounts for spouses was this:

they were sick and tired of answer subpoenas from lawyers in divorce cases. In some lawsuits, there was a lot of "points" and free play, and reward credits, and cash involved in joint accounts. Imagine if a couple had 50-million or 100-million Great Gift Wrap Up points, enuf to buy a car. So to avoid the hassle and the expense of dealing with lawyers, Caesars put in the rule that spouses must have separate accounts.

HorseShoe Southern Indiana has 8/5 bonus poker at $1 credits in a progressive bank of six machines on the 4th floor next to the bar.

Have you ever clocked the meter? Do you know the meter rate, what percentage of the action is going into the meter?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

At Rincon the meter rate on the DDB progressive is 25-cents for every $25 bet. I don't know if that's good or bad. When I played there, people were only concerned about the size of the progressive jackpot -- not with the meter rate.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Have you ever clocked the meter? Do you know the meter rate, what percentage of the action is going into the meter?
    No, what is the proper way to do that? I may go later tonight. I will say it seems rare for the progressive to get over $4300 although I have seen it just over $5000.

Originally Posted by supermaxhd View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    No, what is the proper way to do that? I may go later tonight. I will say it seems rare for the progressive to get over $4300 although I have seen it just over $5000.
    If the meter travels in pennies then bet $1 at a time until it flips a penny. Then count how many $1 bets it takes to flip it another penny.

1. If it flips one penny per dollar bet it's a 1% meter

2. If it flips a penny for every $2 bet it's a .5% meter

3. If it flips a penny for every $4 bet it's a .25% meter.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

At Rincon the meter rate on the DDB progressive is 25-cents for every $25 bet. I don't know if that's good or bad. When I played there, people were only concerned about the size of the progressive jackpot -- not with the meter rate.
    The meter rate tells a great big story, Alan. This DDB progressive at Rincon has a 1% meter- 25 cents is 1% of $25. Next, is it 9/6 DDB, 9/5 DDB, 8/5 DDB? I can analyze the play much better with that information.

I don't think the meter rate means much. The progressive teams showed up when the royal surpassed $40,000.

The meter rate means only one thing: how much time there is between the "ding" and the "dong" in the AP's head.

I don't think the meter rate means much. The progressive teams showed up when the royal surpassed $40,000.
    I know you dont think it means much but it does. You didn't answer the question. Is it 9/6, 9/5,8/5?

It is/was 8/5 DDB. About three years ago Mickey made a post saying there's a report of it being $71k. IIRC, they moved a progressive from a different machine onto that bank which is why it was so high.

And yes, the meter rate is very important. A higher meter rate means it'll become a "play" more often because the royal will get to whatever your starting point. It's not linear, either. Let's say you've found a progressive and it's a $1 denom with a 1% meter. You decide you're going to play it if the royal is $4,000 above reset. That means there needs to be $400,000 in action without a royal (or 80,000 hands) in order for it to get up $4k. The chances of no royals in 80,000 hands is

(39999/40000)^80000 = 13.53%

Let's say it's a 0.5% meter, that means you need $800,000 coin in before it gets to being up $4k, which is 160,000 hands. The probability of no royals is

(39999/40000^160000 = 1.83%

If it's a 1.5% meter, you need $266,665 coin in to get it to that level, which is 53333 hands

(39999/40000)^53333 = 26.53%

That's just for the frequency of being able to find a playable progressive. Now once you do find one that's good, would you rather be adding 0.5%, 1%, or 1.5% to the royal every hand you play? If you're playing 800 HPH that's $4,000 in action per hour. At 0.5%, that's adding $20/hour, 1% adds $40/hour, and 1.5% adds $60/hour. If you start playing it when you're at a 0.5% advantage, you'd be making $20/hour in EV without the meter. Adding in the meter, you'll be making $40, $60, or $80 an hour for the respective meters.

Of course, this means nothing to Alan & co. because they're never going to go play a progressive nor are they worried about the math or theory behind actually winning because they see numbers like 0.5% or 1.5% and think "That's such a small number, it probably doesn't mean anything."

Originally Posted by RS__ View Post
    It is/was 8/5 DDB. About three years ago Mickey made a post saying there's a report of it being $71k. IIRC, they moved a progressive from a different machine onto that bank which is why it was so high.
    Yep. And it was a WoV AP that hit it!! Bottom of page 2. Hahaha

https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/gamb...e-at-71-000/2/

That info came from me. I immediately heard from some WOVers that I made a mistake: that I should have SOLD that information.

Well, I don't keep information private. I guess that's something APs do. But being a reporter and journalist I believe in a fair dissemination of information.

I happened to be at Rincon when they made the switch, removing the accumulated progressive from a discontinued slot machine and moved it to the VP progressive.

The WOV member who hit it thanked me. I didn't expect anything in return... and I wasn't disappointed because I didn't get anything in return.

"Well, I don't keep information private. I guess that's something APs do. But being a reporter and journalist I believe in a fair dissemination of information."

Unless it requires driving 30 miles or blowing up the credibility of certain friends. But point taken.

P.S. That was way too easy. Alan must have been entrapping me.

Alan, no team is going to come in on a $5 8/5 DDB progressive at $40,000. It would be at only 99% plus the 1% meter rate. In other words a breakeven game. Breakeven games don't make money. Maybe $60,000. That would be 101.5% plus the meter rate. But the royal would have to miss 160,000 hands to put it on that number. You can see by RS's math that there is only a 2% chance of that happening.

Not that the civilians here care, but at the time it was hit, it was a 3.4474% advantage.

This entire story is hilarious.

Alan finds a play that he expects WoVers would go gaga over. Mickey does his usual thing and grabs info from other forums and posts it somewhere else, hoping to feel important and "belong" to a culture he busted out of over a decade ago.

Then some California flake/working stiff jumps out of his seat and runs off to Rincon, where he sits for 7 hours losing $13k before it hits for him, and he is congratulated not for being really really lucky--which obviously he was--but for being such an "astute AP from WoV".

And just how "astute" we're all the other "astutes" who played the thing AND LOST BIG TIME LIKE HE ALMOST DID before he got there? Of course, no one will ever fess up to that end of the story.....And where was kew in all this? He didn't send his "machine-expert boyfriend" over to Rincon to try and hit the thing?

RS__ thanks for the 9th grade math but you messed up one small part.

I wouldn't go gaga over it. 3+% with HUGE variance isn't my thing. Alan's "best bet/buy" should've been to keep his trap shut and play it himself!

Thread Information