Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Singer discusses tipping

NOTE from Dan Druff: Posts were moved to this new thread from another thread, as the topic drifted into its usual back-and-forth involving Rob Singer and his claims.

=====================================

Rob doesn't want people to tip because 1) Rob's an asshole and 2) Rob looks down on anyone in any kind of service industry who rely on tips to make a living. He doesn't tip others because of that and also because he's a cheapskate (and likely doesn't have all the kinda money he claims to have, LOL @ hellcat & his "fancy Hyundai").

Wise up, people.

Originally Posted by RS__ View Post
    Rob doesn't want people to tip because 1) Rob's an asshole and 2) Rob looks down on anyone in any kind of service industry who rely on tips to make a living. He doesn't tip others because of that and also because he's a cheapskate (and likely doesn't have all the kinda money he claims to have, LOL @ hellcat & his "fancy Hyundai").

Wise up, people.
    What an idiot. I simply have claimed to be a successful VP player who has the amount of money ANY long-married couple who both worked in successful aerospace careers would have. There is no wealthy" me. Of course, I'm betting all of you HERE see me as wealthy because of how low a bar you've all set for yourselves. Talk to mickeycrimm--the poster child for that one.

And that's where the separation is on a gambling forum. The vast majority of people here are social failures who can't stay married because of their gambling habits (if they in fact do marry), they have no children, they have no retirement to look forward to, and they drive slug vehicles or cars you'd expect to see a 50-yr. old fat man in.

JFC, can we have just one thread where you people don't feed this lunatic? TYIA.

I must be really confused, as nobody says anything good about Rob, but somehow that translates into his "social success." I must not understand what the words "social" and "success" mean. And what exactly is a "slug vehicle?" Is that a slow vehicle (like Rob's motorhome) or a vehicle for people who don't burn many calories, like retired 66-year-old men?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I must be really confused, as nobody says anything good about Rob, but somehow that translates into his "social success." I must not understand what the words "social" and "success" mean. And what exactly is a "slug vehicle?" Is that a slow vehicle (like Rob's motorhome) or a vehicle for people who don't burn many calories, like retired 66-year-old men?
    Alan seems to have a lot of good things to say about Ol Robbie.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Is it really any wonder why, out of over 11,000 members on vpfree, that you get one or two replies to your stupid made-up tales....
    One thing is for sure. You can't reply to anything I write about on vpFREE, can you, Rob? Why is that? Well, it's because you can't follow the forum rules, troll, so you got your ass banned. But you are damn sure over there reading what I write, aren't you.

You certainly don't know what's going on behind the scenes either. I get emails all the time from vpFREE'ers thanking me for my contributions. I do a lot of consulting on plays around the country too. And those screenshots I put up on vpFREE? Imgur gives me a count of the numbers of views they get. I've had as many as 1600 views on some screenshots. That's how I know they are paying attention.

The only reason anyone reads you, Rob, is for comic relief. But as you can tell, your act is starting to get old with some people.

The firemen show up out of dutiful requirement, and they are never tipped.
    I was an insulin-dependent diabetic for something like 32 years before I received a kidney/pancreas transplant. Probably six or seven times over those 32 years paramedics either came to my house, or to a restaurant or a business where I suffered some sort of diabetic incident and needed medical attention. While I didn't reach into my wallet and tip the paramedics after each incident which might have included transportation to a hospital or an on-site intravenous sugar "fix" many times I would do something for the station that these firemen came from. Several times I delivered a deli platter, for example. Once (or perhaps more than once), I did a special thank you during my news report that night while live on the set. And then there was that time that the firemen were fighting brush fires near my home and I asked the captain if I could send over sandwiches from the nearby Subway.

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Alan seems to have a lot of good things to say about Ol Robbie.
    I have few good things to say about Rob's Internet postings. I just know that the "offline Rob" is a regular, decent, friendly, personable guy who I am proud to say is my friend. Online he's quite different, and I'm being polite.

I've said it online many times and told Rob in person and over the phone -- online he is his own worst enemy.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I have few good things to say about Rob's Internet postings. I just know that the "offline Rob" is a regular, decent, friendly, personable guy who I am proud to say is my friend. Online he's quite different, and I'm being polite.

I've said it online many times and told Rob in person and over the phone -- online he is his own worst enemy.
    A friend who publicly intimates you are a degenerate gambling addict, who says your multiple divorces are a result of your gambling addiction, who says your latest marriage is designed to get you closer to your gambling addiction. He continuously casts aspersions on your character.

Privately he's a nice guy and publicly he treats you like shit? That's your definition of a friend?

If Rob has spent a thousand hours online and trashes you, but spends ten hours with you in person and is swell, is he a friend? I have a hard time making the online stuff worth so much less, especially when that's the public end of it. I get Alan's angle, I guess, because if you trash somebody in a news broadcast, maybe to a degree that's a role or an act, while patting them on the back in the green room having coffee, that is more "real." But I still don't buy it.

Rob knows a lot about the nitty gritty of Las Vegas, but he's cloaked that in a narrative about -EV gambling and his personal ideas regarding social values.

I guess there's a moral to the story. Alan knowing Rob is a -EV relationship for Alan, but Rob would say that's all meaningless. He'll just keep amping up the criticisms until he either gets what he wants (his win goal -- maybe his own TV show) or he's blown the 52K (Alan kicks him to the curb).

I believe the moral of the story, red, is that Alan is a tad bit brighter than you. He knows me, he knows how much I enjoy riling up people like mickey, james, RS__, etc. with both insults and esp. by continually tooting my own horn right into their forever-jealous ears. And to make matters even WORSE for these poor souls, nothing about me is anonymous....while they sit there and worry how other readers see them as cowards. I win in every which way

I also know Alan knows how it's a requirement of an intelligent online troll to have the unique skill of being able to rattle the idiots--and simultaneously coerce them into believing I'm rotten to the core by denigrating my forum friend right in front of them!

You'd find yourself not fighting perceived etiquette about me so often if you grasped onto the image of this being nothing but an internet forum filled with anonymous bs-spewing "brutes"....and then there's me--someone just too real for these jokers to be able to accept. You think they like hearing about my VP success and 8 yrs. touting it in GT as well as exposing vp-AP's as frauds? You think they enjoy it when I explain how a successful & happy long-term marriage with wonderful children and grandchildren really does count when building the foundation of a true professional gambler? You think they even understand the how and why of having the advanced education I have, followed up by a working career and salary that's a million miles away from even their wettest of dreams? And do you think they like hearing about how I live in retirement better than they ever did or will do in the prime of their lives?

It's all about punching these clowns out red, and how much fun it is to get a reaction out of them. And Alan? He's smart enough to know the in's & out's of all this stuff, because he knows that I know how important it is to him what he's now doing--and why. And WE WILL be having dinner sooner than later. On me, which I owe him of course.

The rest of the goofy crew here needs to wise up.
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 04-21-2017 at 08:49 AM.

I believe the moral of the story, red, is that Alan is a tad bit brighter than you. He knows me, he knows how much I enjoy riling up people like mickey, james, RS__, etc. with both insults and esp. by continually tooting my own horn right into their forever-jealous ears. And to make matters even WORSE for these poor souls, nothing about me is anonymous....while they sit there and worry how other readers see them as cowards. I win in every which way

I also know Alan knows how it's a requirement of an intelligent online troll to have the unique skill of being able to rattle the idiots--and simultaneously coerce them into believing I'm rotten to the core by denigrating my forum friend right in front of them!

You'd find yourself not fighting perceived etiquette about me so often if you grasped onto the image of this being nothing but an internet forum filled with anonymous bs-spewing "brutes"....and then there's me--someone just too real for these jokers to be able to accept. You think they like hearing about my VP success and 8 yrs. touting it in GT as well as exposing vp-AP's as frauds? You think they enjoy it when I explain how a successful & happy long-term marriage with wonderful children and grandchildren really does count when building the foundation of a true professional gambler? You think they even understand the how and why of having the advanced education I have, followed up by a working career and salary that's a million miles away from even their wettest of dreams? And do you think they like hearing about how I live in retirement better than they ever did or will do in the prime of their lives?

It's all about punching these clowns out red, and how much fun it is to get a reaction out of them. And Alan? He's smart enough to know the in's & out's of all this stuff, because he knows that I know how important it is to him what he's now doing--and why. And WE WILL be having dinner sooner than later. On me, which I owe him of course.

The rest of the goofy crew here needs to wise up.
    Rob, while that sounds good, I have one little problem with it. Virtually everything you've had to say about me over the years has been wrong. You don't know me from Adam, and you opine about things you know absolutely nothing about. So I have to work under the premise that much, if not all, that you have to say about others is similarly lacking in accuracy.

If you got everything about me wrong, and I have track records in annual publications, in magazines, in a televised contest, speaking at a national conference, and so on, what kind of accuracy do you have regarding people who are anonymous and with whom you've never interacted?

It's good to shoot down presumed BS in what is a 95% BS business. But at some point, you've gotta actually get things right via evidence to be taken seriously.

Red, you keep claiming this and that in this and that publications, but you have NEVER supplied links to any of them--and your excuses for not doing so are so flimsy. Do you understand WHY you can't be taken seriously?

You keep saying I'm wrong about you. How about proving me wrong? Do you prefer to stay in the same anonymous, cowering, weasel-word company as jbjb & RS__? Or is it more important to you to keep dodging this simple task so you can keep criticizing me for playing a strategy that you do not understand?

Not my job to be my own publicist, Rob. If you really thought I hadn't done what I claimed, you'd have taken a shot at the (still available) 1K wager per claim.

Go check out the wayback machine or look up anything I've referenced. If you want links, I can recommend Oscar Mayer smokie links. They're my favorite.

P.S. I don't think you quite grasp the meaning of "anonymous." I post with my own name. You don't. Now which one do you think is anonymous?

P.S.S. Why would I prove you wrong about me? It's just one more thing you are blatantly wrong about. That's a problem for you, not me.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-21-2017 at 11:39 AM.

Red, you keep claiming this and that in this and that publications, but you have NEVER supplied links to any of them--and your excuses for not doing so are so flimsy.
    The ditz is the world's first and only "journalist" who refuses to allow others to read his work.

Instead, he offers a mickey mouse...I mean a mickey crimm...wager that nobody will ever accept.

He thinks that since nobody is willing to pay him for what should be available for free, that makes him legit.

We know he's not legit, he's a ditz...and he might as well say, "I'll prove I'm legit, but you have to come to either Montana or Tennessee for the proof".

I'll drag my "proof" to Las Vegas (Dan) or California (Alan). All you have to do is put up the money. Nobody has to go to Montana or Tennessee. I have plenty of air miles. Seems reasonable to me. Thanks for the opportunity to list some stuff. Pick three or more and put up some money:

1) Who's Who in Sports Gambling (Hall Publishing)
    2) Former Wise Guys (Marc Lawrence) Contest Champion.
    3) National Conference on Gambling and Risk-Taking paper presentation.
    4) Only handicapper to be the college profit champion three times in the McCusker Report.
    5) Winner of the 2015-16 Heritage Sports Race to the Super Bowl versus thousands of entrants.
    6) Third place finish the same year in the Northbet Pick the Pros Contest versus thousands of entrants.
    7) Tied for second the only year participating in Bally's college football contest.
    8) Articles featured in Playbook Newsletters and the Centre Daily Times.
    9) Interviewed by the Shenandoah Evening Herald and Pottsville Republican.

redietz, you better make Rob post the money with Alan. He's a known bet welsher. And coach smelly takes lessons from his hero Rob so you should probably make him post with Alan too. But I figure these two guys are to chicken$hit to put their money where their alligator mouths are at.

Thanks for the opportunity to list some stuff. Pick three or more and put up some money
    Those are entirely bullshit credentials, I wouldn't pay 2 cents to confirm any of those.

1) Who's Who in Sports Gambling (Hall Publishing)
    LOL...You pay to get listed in Who's Who

3) National Conference on Gambling and Risk-Taking paper presentation.
    Paper presentation? Too funny.

6) Third place finish the same year in the Northbet Pick the Pros Contest versus thousands of entrants.
    7) Tied for second the only year participating in Bally's college football contest.
    Third place and tied for second place in free contests? Wow.

You're 60 years old...how many free contests have you entered?

8) Articles featured in Playbook Newsletters and the Centre Daily Times.
    9) Interviewed by the Shenandoah Evening Herald and Pottsville Republican.
    Articles in newsletters? Interviewed in Pottsville? LMFAO.

You're no journalist...you're a phony.

Good lord...you are worse off than I thought.

You really have some serious self-esteem issues ditz...was there a father in the home where you were raised?

No wonder you've been unable to mate successfully...
    Last edited by coach belly; 04-21-2017 at 01:17 PM.

Red, you do realize that by claiming you're not believed but you have all these supposed "accolades" AND it's "not your job" to post proof of any if it, does render any argument you make senseless.

Indeed, it makes absolutely no sense to whine about not being believed, claim multiple notable successes, then continuing to refuse to post any proof of any of it. Instead, you want bets, and I'm not sure what those bets are really for. Does that make sense? I'm not asking for you to prove that you've won money. I'm simply asking for identity proof and links to all these special trophies or whatever that you keep claiming have been bestowed upon you.

This is not hard. What's the problem--are you afraid proving claims like "Pottsville" will make you look as silly and phony as arci looked after he provided tax forms?
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 04-21-2017 at 01:59 PM.

This is not hard. What's the problem--are you afraid proving claims like "Pottsville" will make you look as silly and phony as arci looked after he provided tax forms?
    And what a scumbag you looked like for welshing the bet.

Thread Information