Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Singer discusses tipping

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    claim multiple notable successes, then continuing to refuse to post any proof of any of it.
    Uh oh redietz... Rob might have you here... I'm sure EVERYONE here would agree Rob is THE expert when it comes to doing just that!

Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    A friend who publicly intimates you are a degenerate gambling addict, who says your multiple divorces are a result of your gambling addiction, who says your latest marriage is designed to get you closer to your gambling addiction. He continuously casts aspersions on your character.

Privately he's a nice guy and publicly he treats you like shit? That's your definition of a friend?
    I have to agree here.

When Rob trolls me, or trolls others, at least it's clear that we are strangers to him, and there's no expectation of kindness.

But I see him say some absolutely nasty and inappropriate stuff to Alan, which really surprises me.

I actually believe that Rob is probably a nice guy in person, but this online side of him can get really ugly, and his treatment of Alan is the most baffling to me.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Those are entirely bullshit credentials, I wouldn't pay 2 cents to confirm any of those.

LOL...You pay to get listed in Who's Who

Paper presentation? Too funny.

Third place and tied for second place in free contests? Wow.

You're 60 years old...how many free contests have you entered?

Articles in newsletters? Interviewed in Pottsville? LMFAO.

You're no journalist...you're a phony.

Good lord...you are worse off than I thought.

You really have some serious self-esteem issues ditz...was there a father in the home where you were raised?

No wonder you've been unable to mate successfully...
    For the record, Bally's contest was not free. For the record, the Wise Guys contest is invitation only. For the record, the McCusker Report (out of Las Vegas) was an annual publication, written by a former Seattle Times reporter, listing all participating handicappers' records across all sports for more than a decade. The games were graded on a Friday afternoon Las Vegas consensus line and the closing line at Leroy's. I am quite proud to be the only person to be number one in college football profit three separate years. The only sports I handicap (ignoring futures) are college and NFL football.

How many free contests do I enter? Two each year -- Northbet and Heritage. Both contests have been around about a decade. Both are free, but have certain requirements. Dan mentioned that he was not able to open a Heritage account due to their vetting process.

Frankly, giving an academic paper at the National Conference on Gambling and Risk-Taking was rather exciting. You should try it sometime, coach.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Frankly, giving an academic paper at the National Conference on Gambling and Risk-Taking was rather exciting.
    So exciting that you could only stand to do it once in your lifetime?

Frankly, if thrills is what you were after, you should have tried fatherhood.
    Last edited by coach belly; 04-21-2017 at 05:42 PM.

You're not on the same page here. There's some things I get after Alan for and it's for real, because I believe he's able to get it. He and anyone else are always free to disagree--he almost always does--(and when it comes to pointing out ANYONE'S weaknesses in gambling, who doesn't?) but I occasionally have to bring out the big guns in order to get the reactions I'm looking for from the idiots here. And I keep doing it because they're like the gifts that keep on giving.

Much of what you see as "inappropriate" is very appropriate to me. I'm no shy person, I tell it as I believe it to be, and I didn't get to the level I got to in my career by cowering to political correctness or worrying about what other people think or might say unless it's a lie.

Tell me this Dan: would you rather be friends with someone who puts on a nice-guy persona online, but is always nasty when you see him?
    Telling it like you believe it to be is a good trait....let me try it too---

your wife appears to be kin to a wildebeest, which is probably why you spend so much time trying to impress strangers on the internet....and your #1 cheerleader/fangirl/buttboy Cooch Belly, appears to be a woman trapped in a man`s body...

You were right, that was very enlightening

Much of what you see as "inappropriate" is very appropriate to me. I'm no shy person, I tell it as I believe it to be, and I didn't get to the level I got to in my career by cowering to political correctness or worrying about what other people think or might say unless it's a lie.
    Yes, you've come very very far, Welfare Robbie, living on your wife's retirement, government handouts, and your daughter is your landlord. She must give you a pretty good break on the rent, right Robbie? And she probably won't sue you like the rest did when you stiffed them.

On the Richter scale of Internet insensitivity, Rob is a 10+++.

Why do any of you who use "screen names" and not real names even care what he says about you?

Those of you who do use your real names, or names identified with your true identity should accept the fact that he is the Black Hole of insults... meaning whatever you throw at him will be absorbed and will disappear and will have no impact on his mass. You are talking to an insult machine.

Rob has admitted to blowing his wife's entire 40-hours-a-week salary for years on video poker. It was something over 40K a year. I'm sure that did tremendous damage to her, and perhaps tremendous damage to the children. I can see how that would sensitize him to the gambling habits of others, but it does seem hypocritical for him to actually go after other people when his own behavior was much worse for years.

Arci used to say Rob was always projecting. I don't really have a better theory.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Rob has admitted to blowing his wife's entire 40-hours-a-week salary for years on video poker. It was something over 40K a year. I'm sure that did tremendous damage to her, and perhaps tremendous damage to the children. I can see how that would sensitize him to the gambling habits of others, but it does seem hypocritical for him to actually go after other people when his own behavior was much worse for years.

Arci used to say Rob was always projecting. I don't really have a better theory.
    Red, you continue to use snippets of information in order to lie about what I did. Where did I ever say anything about "blowing my wife's salary" for years? Yes I lost an avg. of $45k/yr. for 6 yrs. as an "AP", but at the time I had a much higher salary than that and so did she, along with a growing 7-figure 401k. So I never lost anything I didn't have. In fact, even though you like to take twisted information and run with it because you're so frustrated that it makes you feel good, it's easy to see why you skipped over the fact that I've won more than $1.3 million since.

Of course it's all a deflection isn't it. You are afraid if posting links to the claims you make about yourself. Do not underestimate how weak & phony you appear to others because of it.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post

Why do any of you who use "screen names" and not real names even care what he says about you?

Those of you who do use your real names, or names identified with your true identity should accept the fact that he is the Black Hole of insults... meaning whatever you throw at him will be absorbed and will disappear and will have no impact on his mass. You are talking to an insult machine.
    This is good advice. But it's sad but true that these losers just cannot help themselves. And that is EXACTLY what feeds me. And makes me tingle.

Actually, insulting a useless leftover like mickey doesn't really get me much mileage. He already has the masses either laughing at or pitying him for admitting having alcoholism via the binge-drinking method, for being stupid and ignorant enough for smoking cigarettes (no wonder he's never had a wife or even a girlfriend, aside from longtime squirt-queen Rosy Palmer) for living in a Montana flop house and leading a slug life, and for never having worked while all along collecting government handouts.

This kind of bozo really doesn't even deserve my time (wink wink)!
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 04-22-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Its always fun putting it right back on the ass clown.

Alan, you of course are right. When his "team" discovered I was 76 years old, I finally realized he was just a sad old man on the internet. I felt less thrilled to be baiting an almost 70 year old man. His goal it to simply be a prolific internet troll, and he is successful. There is no point in debating a troll.

I don't understand the troll mentality, but I know it requires them to disrupt any thread to get it redirected back to them. The tipping thread is a good example, it started out as a decent question and degenerated into a free-for-all, with the original question buried.

You did well getting Dan to take over this site.

I'm out, no more feeding the troll.

If Rob lost 45 K per year isn't that the definition of non-AP play?
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    If Rob lost 45 K per year isn't that the definition of non-AP play?
    Reverse of that. From my experience the first 3 months of this year- had he used goals he would have won. I've read almost everything he has written and stopping when ahead was not in his strategy.

Red, you continue to use snippets of information in order to lie about what I did. Where did I ever say anything about "blowing my wife's salary" for years? Yes I lost an avg. of $45k/yr. for 6 yrs. as an "AP", but at the time I had a much higher salary than that and so did she, along with a growing 7-figure 401k. So I never lost anything I didn't have. In fact, even though you like to take twisted information and run with it because you're so frustrated that it makes you feel good, it's easy to see why you skipped over the fact that I've won more than $1.3 million since.

Of course it's all a deflection isn't it. You are afraid if posting links to the claims you make about yourself. Do not underestimate how weak & phony you appear to others because of it.
    Rob, you should check your own previous posts.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-22-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Previous posts? All I found is multiple requests by me and others asking you to post links to proof of what you claim about "yourself"....and your repetitive weak-kneed reply saying "not my job guys!".

Your the typical anonymous internet coward who pounds his chest about "accomplishments" then runs and hides by saying "it's not my job to prove my claimed accolades--YOU guys have to try and figure it all out, don'tcha know!"

Pathetic doesn't even begin to introduce the humiliation you've got to be experiencing at this point.

I'm not anonymous, Rob. I'm more than happy to meet you or Alan or Dan anytime in Las Vegas or California, lugging those things I am so embarrassed about -- you know, the non-academic giving a national academic paper, the three college profit titles, the Wise Guys championship, and so on.

Now, as far as your accomplishments, other than being a stringer at Gaming Today ("stringer" is someone doing voluntary work, paid-by-the-piece or unpaid), all of your stuff is in a storage shed in Arizona and hasn't been seen by anyone. You claim to win by circumventing math somehow on negative EV machines for hundreds of thousands of hands. But there are no witnesses. No students. No math.

You're a real gambling wizard.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-22-2017 at 04:44 PM.

Would GT have published Robs stuff if they had to pay him?
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Qua, shouldn't you be instead asking red why in the world he keeps dodging the opportunity to post simple links to his claims he keeps trying to convince everyone of? Rather, he deflects the issue by offering to "meet up", which proves nothing, or to make obscure bets about who knows what. These are maneuvers typical of anonymous forum cowards everywhere, which is what happens when they've accomplished nothing.

The answer to your question is, the Publisher offered to put ads in his paper for my books as well as pay me $100 per article. I refused the money, and I had to do it constantly. And at one of the annual company Christmas parties in LV, he gave me a "bonus" check for $5000 in lieu of my refusal to be paid, which I made sure he got back before I left.

So your answer is yes, and payment had zero to do with how much he respected what I had to say about VP over the two foolish "AP's" he fired when I started up there.

Tough to handle....right?
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 04-23-2017 at 09:47 AM.

Rob was a stringer for Gaming Today. That's his claim to fame.

That's one helluva gambling resume. I'm surprised Billy Walters didn't offer Rob a hefty contract.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-23-2017 at 10:56 AM.

Thread Information