Thread: I changed my dice throw, position this past weekend

Normally I stand stick left and always next to the stickman. I had horrible results doing this on my last trip.

So I moved to stick right, and immediately had much better results, even making several passes and Smalls or Talls.

Is this proof of anything? No.

But when I shoot from SR1 (stick right one) I use a soft toss with a short bounce to the back wall. When I stand SL1 my toss has a lower trajectory and there can be two bounces before hitting the back wall.

I've always favored SL1 but on my next visit I'm going to start with SR1 and see how it goes.

I'm curious Alan. I assume you are right handed. From the left do you throw left handed or do you use the right handed back spin flip?

From the right do you throw underhand right handed or the back spin flip?

Although I am ambidextrous in most sports or athletic endeavors, I had more control right handed and would try to stand stick right. I would stand next to stick left and throw left handed if I couldn't get my preferred spot. I always used a soft underhand. if you use the back spin flip it really is almost the same toss from either side.

I am right handed and shoot right handed from both SL and SR.

When shooting from stick left I stand facing the table and I use a sweeping motion with my arm to release the dice.
    When shooting from stick right I stand facing the stickman with my side pressed to the table, and use a soft toss.

With both throws (SL and SR) I use three fingers on the front of the dice, thumb on the back. My hand is over the dice.

These are the grips described in Sharpshooter's book.

Next time at SR1 try underhanded! Two finger edge grip, the dice roll off your finger tips. The dice don't have to change roll direction, smoother result. You are so welcome!

Originally Posted by House of Orange View Post
    Next time at SR1 try underhanded! Two finger edge grip, the dice roll off your finger tips. The dice don't have to change roll direction, smoother result. You are so welcome!
    How do you get backspin with an underhanded roll? Don't you use backspin to "brake" the dice before hitting the wall?

Thread Information