I made a trip to Pechanga last month and I spotted something new that I have not seen before.

A video baccarat machine called 88 Baccarat

It is manufactured by Aristocrat, one of the biggest slot machine game companies in the world (Australia). It is using one of the modern slot machine setup, where the screen is curved; the popular Walking Dead 2 and Britney Spears slot game that is also manufactured by Aristocrat also uses the setup. One nice thing I like on these machines is that it has an USB charging port for your mobile device while you play (Not Pictured).

Slot players know the old game Lucky 88, but just the 88 number is recycled for this game.

Although I have extensive experience playing Shufflemaster Table Games, I have not played much Baccarat or Mini Baccarat in my life. I know you either bet on Player, Banker, or the Tie Bet. For this video variant, it is either Player or Banker for this game.

The possible wagers are 600, 1200, 1800, 2400, 3000 pennies, which makes it $6, $12, $18, $24, $30 respectively. (Not Pictured)

I took pictures of the Help Page that indicates the rules since I do not play Baccarat

Going back to the wagers, you bet at least $3 for the original base game, and another $3 for the bonus feature of the game. As you can see there are progressives and multiplier situations in which I have not seen on the table game.

Although there is no Tie wager available, with my limited experience, you really WANT A TIE. A random value will spin to give you a prize, or even the progressive based on Player or Banker.

I played a few hands at max bet wager of $30, just for the sake to say I've played Video Baccarat in my life. I made all the wagers as Player, I did lose $180 at the end, but here are some of the highlights.

I got a Tie and got 2500 for it, more than what I would win had I won outright (1000). I got a Natural 8 which sets up 3x the next round

For the middle row, since I got the 3rd card situation for both Player and Banker, the cards were all red. In this situation it awards 15x for the next hand. If it was all 6 hearts, it would be 88x

But I failed to convert, a win would have paid $150 for the round

As you can see, people can leave multipliers on this game to vulture.

I found this game near the Bamboo restaurant (Vietnamese) where the Baccarat and Pai Gow Poker tables are, Pechanga is known for high rolling play where players bet more than $1000 a round.

I have not seen Video Baccarat elsewhere, but I am aware that Video Blackjack is much worse than Blackjack at the tables house edge wise. I do not know how big of a house edge I was playing against, but I was awarded equivalent CLUB points on my card as if I was playing a slot machine.

Most importantly, the HELP page as well as the idle screensaver says the Grand Prize Progressive running at $20,000+ can be awarded at any paid game.