Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get automatic Diamond status at Total Rewards properties through "status" match

So here's what's really weird about Golden Nugget.

Apparently not ALL Golden Nugget properties are doing the status match. (You can match to any property for Total Rewards, but the reverse isn't true.)

So I tried to do it in Vegas, and I was told they aren't doing it.

However, they conceded that Laughlin (95 miles away, also in Nevada) is doing it, even though it's the same 24K program.

Then they said they will match status from any 24K property.

So I replied, "What you're saying to me is that I can drive to Laughlin, match my Seven Stars card there, then drive back here and you'll match me to that one?"

"Yes, that's what I'm saying," the supervisor told me.

"Do you understand how ridiculous that sounds? Why not just save me the 190 mile round trip and do it?"

But she couldn't.

I gave up, as 3 months of elevated status there isn't worth very much, so I wouldn't drive to Laughlin for it, nor would I put much effort into getting an exception made.

But how lame is that?

Pretty ridiculous that a consolidated program has different status matching rules from property to property.

As nonsensical as Total Rewards is sometimes, at least their program is uniform when it comes to statuses and matching.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Original Founder
    Dan even Total Rewards has some differences.

When you check into Caesars Palace as a Seven Stars there is a flat $200 hold put on your credit card. But check into the Flamingo across the street and it's $100 per person who has "charging privileges" to your room.

Now, if you're a "couple" you wouldn't notice the difference. But if you want a third person to be able to charge to your account, it makes a difference at Flamingo.
    Alan Mendelson
    www.AlanBestBuys.com
    "(Alan) simply can't get past a die having six sides." -- Michael Shackleford May 12, 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan even Total Rewards has some differences.

When you check into Caesars Palace as a Seven Stars there is a flat $200 hold put on your credit card. But check into the Flamingo across the street and it's $100 per person who has "charging privileges" to your room.

Now, if you're a "couple" you wouldn't notice the difference. But if you want a third person to be able to charge to your account, it makes a difference at Flamingo.
    That's not what I meant.

I'm saying that, aside from some local property differences, the base Total Rewards benefits are uniform among the properties. You will never have a situation with Total Rewards where you can do a status match in Las Vegas but you can't do it in Laughlin, or vice-versa.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Thread Information