Thread: Flamingo to be renovated

Caesars is going to spend $90 million renovating the Flamingo, with 1270 rooms to be renovated between August 2017 and May 2018. The first phase of renovations will be completed around November 2017.

If renovations at the Flamingo sound familiar, it's because they already did this five years ago, to about 2300 rooms.

However, that only comprised about 2/3 of the guest rooms, with the other 1/3 remaining unrenovated.

These upcoming renovations will complete the process, to where all rooms at the 70-year-old property will have been renovated either in 2012 or 2017/18.

The rooms will be renovated to feature bright colors (such as gold and pink), in a hip/retro style. It is unclear if these will be in the style of the 2012 renovation.

Here are pictures from the 2012 renovation from vegastripping.com:

Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

If you remember, Caesars has also done recent room renovations at Caesars, Paris, and Planet Hollywood.

The Caesars renovations included a major upgrade of the highly dated Roman Tower (basically unchanged for more than 40 years), which was then renamed the Julius Tower.

They also included renovations to the very worn down Augustus Tower, which already looked quite old despite its 2005 construction date. These took place in 2016.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Dan,

I did not know that some of the rooms had not been renovated. I incorrectly assumed they just decided to limit the number of Fab rooms. I've stayed in Fab rooms a couple of times. They are okay, although we did have the water shut down one day. I guess if you are going to stay at a place called the Flamingo, a fair amount of pink is to be expected. It makes sense for them to aim a lower end property at a younger demographic. The pool is still killer, but I think they ended their relationship with the timeshare immediately behind them. Do you know anything about that? I stayed in the timeshare two or three times going back four or five years.

I don't know anything about the timeshare.

I do know that the pool there has been beloved for a long time. My grandmother, who did not gamble, always wanted to go to the Flamingo pool when we took her with us to Vegas. She passed away in 1999, so we're talking 20-40 years ago.

I apologize for not being very clear. The Hilton Grand Vacations behind the Flamingo used to have a relationship with the Flamingo so guests at the timeshare could use the pool. I didn't mean to suggest the Flamingo had a relationship with the timeshare. The timeshare therefore offered a "more adult" option for a room but with access to the classic pool.

Thread Information