Thread: Wizard of Vegas freeway sponsorship

The Wizard's sign along the 15 freeway was missing on my last drive to Vegas. Did he get a better location or did he drop the sponsorship?

Ever since the Wiz did it I was thinking about doing it in LA.

Perhaps it's only now visible if you're driving a Prius, one of those sissified gay Mazda MX-5 rice-burners, or if your license plate somehow identifies you as an atheist or some transgender freak.

Rob was your computer was hacked?

When you say sponsorship, what do you mean?

Are you referring to the Adopt a Highway program? Because that requires actively cleaning that stretch of highway!
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    When you say sponsorship, what do you mean?

Are you referring to the Adopt a Highway program? Because that requires actively cleaning that stretch of highway!
    Name:  IMG_2572.JPG
Views: 400
Size:  40.6 KB

"Located just before Cima Road on the northbound side of the I-15, about 24 miles from the Nevada border."

Nerakil the sign is gone from the original location. Is this a new location?

Dan you pay a free which is your sponsorship for that section of highway.

And this is why I return to this site!

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Nerakil the sign is gone from the original location. Is this a new location?

Dan you pay a free which is your sponsorship for that section of highway.
    Notice the picture of the guy picking up trash on the above sign!

I'm telling you... "adopting" California highways means that you are agreeing to help clean them!

There may also be a fee for this. I never looked that much into it.

When I was in college, the College Republicans had adopted the nearby highway, and were trying to pressure me to go out there to help them pick up trash on the weekends.

I declined, and told them I would only be doing that job if I get arrested and sentenced to community service.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Dan, Shack bought the sign in 2014 for $300. He pays $175 a month to keep the sign on the highway. He doesn't have to clean the road himself. The monthly fee goes to pay crews to clean it up. This was all covered in a thread on his forum called "Should I adopt a highway?"

I don't know about California but Nevada uses prisoners to clean the highways.

Dan, no Highway Patrol in any state wants unsupervised civilians stopped alongside freeways picking up trash. Google the Adopt A Highway program. Originally they wanted people to do that but safety concerns turned it into a fee program.

Consider what a mess we'd have if mathematical advantage players had to work together to pick up trash? They'd be fighting over whether they needed five trash bags or six with seven workers.

Instead of speculating, go ask the guy.

There was a Seinfeld episode where Kramer adopted a highway. The link below references that and the history of highway adoption.

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-h...opts-a-highway

Here's the video:

Thread Information