Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lunar Eclipse 8-21-2017

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Why do you even care about this? Smartmoney says you'll either be in sleeping it off when the event occurs, or too drunk to know what's going on. Alcoholics look for ANY reason to pour it down. A total solar eclipse is as good an excuse to abuse booze as there is, and it'll obviously do wonders for the adult beverage industry.
    Have another Moose Drool, idiot.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    How about the first photo mickeycrimm.
    I don't know how to post photo from my phone to the forum. I made it down to Hwy 33 which is the turnoff to Rexburg. The state police have traffic blocked from going into Rexburg. I turned west
    People are squatting in the desert with tents and RV's. I'm gonna go back and get some snaps. I have my tent with me so I may be squatting too.

I usually transfer pictures from my phone to the computer then put them up on the forum.. I'll get pictures up as soon as possible. It may not be until tomorrow night.

A couple of weeks ago when Dan made some changes to the forum it became easy to upload photos directly from your phone to the forum.

Try it.

Go to "go advanced" and follow the prompts for uploading a photo and you will see that you can now do it from your phone. Previously, I had to transfer photos to my computer and then upload them. But no longer. All of my recent photos have come directly from my phone.

Being superstitious, I'm really tempted to drive to Vegas late tonight so I can be playing something at the moment of totality.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    How about the first photo mickeycrimm.
    I don't know how to post photo from my phone to the forum. I made it down to Hwy 33 which is the turnoff to Rexburg. The state police have traffic blocked from going into Rexburg. I turned west
    People are squatting in the desert with tents and RV's. I'm gonna go back and get some snaps. I have my tent with me so I may be squatting too.

I usually transfer pictures from my phone to the computer then put them up on the forum.. I'll get pictures up as soon as possible. It may not be until tomorrow night.
    Geez, he didn't ask for a litany of excuses on why there's yet something else in this world a fifth grader can do but not you. But I'd say you better hustle to get a picture or two up asap. My guess is the booze is flowing your way something fierce right about now.

I have a windows phone so don't know if it will work. I'll give it a try. I just set up my tent in a squatter's camp. This is a great spot. Not crowded. The turnoff to Rexburg for the people coming north on 15 is well south of here. I'm no more than a mile west of 15 just off hwy. 33.

I went and took a look at a friends campspot about 15 miles west on Mud Lake. He's surrounded by 10 feet alder bushes full of mosquitos. Screw that and no view. I came back to the desert.

We're about 14 hours from the eclipse.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 08-20-2017 at 07:57 PM.

I have to pass this along. Two of my (relatively well to do) friends from California flew to Chicago and drove south to Carbondale (home of Southern Illinois) to be at the very center of things. Well, they are camping on private land, and I get the feeling they have not done much camping. Anyway, the forest is filled with cicadas, which they have never experienced before. The cicadas are everywhere, and once dusk comes, those cicadas can easily hit the 70 decibel mark, which can freak people out.

Anyway, it was an unexpected thing, and it's kind of funny (to me). To them, it must be like being thrust into a bit of a horror movie as night falls and all you hear are cicadas.

Mickey, posting pics of where you are isn't going to prove anything to Rob & co. They simply don't care. I can just imagine pudgy little Rob Stringer in 5'th grade trying to bully someone. When he gets showed up he says, "Yeah so what?! Even though I've never seen it, my dad owns a Hellcat!!" and runs away.

It's well after dark and more vehicles pulling into the squatter's camp. I hope the place ain't jammed up by tomorrow. It's just about time to go beddy by. And there's no place to snag a cup of coffee in the morning. I really am out in the middle of nowhere.

Nice view of the stars tonight. We'll see if they come out during the eclipse tomorrow.

Your iPhone should work fine.

Your iPhone should work fine.
    Not iPhone, windows phone.

Campsite for the night. Lots of room left in this squatter's camp.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Setting sun last night.

D

Ll

This is the squatter's camp I chose. Plenty of room.

Alan, thanks for the tip on posting pictures from my phone. I was to tired to fool with it last night but picked right up on it this morning. This is going to come in real handy. I can snap a picture and have it up on the forum in seconds. Robbie, my boy, I might be ignorant but I ain't stupid.

Thread Information