Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lunar Eclipse 8-21-2017

The hay is in! The Squatter's camps are in the desert on federal land. But just a few miles away water projects have turned the desert into beautiful farmland.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Dammit! I found the only rock in the desert and high centered on it. Just called a tow truck.

The sun starting to come up over my tent.

The sun makes its appearance and is headed for its rendezvous with the moon.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Dammit! I found the only rock in the desert and high centered on it. Just called a tow truck.
    The tow truck driver had to make a 65 mile round trip from Rexburg to get my car off the rock, $150, chaching!

Headed into the small town of Terreton and found the Painted Pony Restaurant. All out of state plates in the parking lot. Loud enough for everyone to hear I asked the waitress if she had seen any strangers in town. That got a big laugh. I'm back at the squatter's camp. Time to break down the tent. Only a couple of hours to go.

On a plane now. Will be seeing it from the air... hopefully.

Will report shortly if this idea worked out.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    On a plane now. Will be seeing it from the air... hopefully. Will report shortly if this idea worked out.
    Dan, what is the flight plan? You should be able to see the shadow moving across the earth.

Check out my new shades.

While Mickey drinks his way through this basically insignificant event (ask him if he remembers the one in 1979) Dan's on some glass-roofed plane wasting even more time. I'm watching it right now on TV and just shut it off right NOW. Too boring. My hope is that all the libtard pothead hippies who went up to Oregon to supposedly see this thing, come away blinded.

Rob, don't troll here.

Seen a partial eclipse so far.

Also this:

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  30.3 KB
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I don`t know why Singer cares so much about who is interested in this or not.....I mean no one cares that his wife is running around all over South Dakota pissing on every fire hydrant there is

Looks like Shasta or an Oregon mountain peek.

Dan, the sun and the moon are up there every day, and if you want to awe yourself then think of what goes on within the sun that makes it so bright--constantly and for millions of years. Having the sun, moon, and earth line up every few years is far, far down on the scale compared to that. I have a 14" dobsonian telescope that I occasionally get excited about whenever I look up at the universe overnight. This eclipse didn't even make me think of taking it out, and it has a solar filter that's a bit safer than those stupid goggles all the clowns on TV are wearing.
    Last edited by Rob.Singer; 08-21-2017 at 10:25 AM.

T minus 17 minutes. Hundreds of cars on hwy 33 on both sides of I-15 but still plenty of leg room. These people have the best seats in the house. It looks like even the Hutterites fell out for the show.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Dan, the sun and the moon are up there every day, and if you want to awe yourself then think of what goes on within the sun that makes it so bright--constantly and for millions of years. Having the sun, moon, and earth line up every few years is far, far down on the scale compared to that.
    Yes Dan, and if you want to awe yourself even more, think how the mating of a rottweiler and the Geico caveman produced Mrs. Singer

Absolutely magnificent view once the moon totally blocked the sun.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 08-21-2017 at 11:36 AM.

The deed has been done. Saw the eclipse from 31,000 feet.

Couldn't get a pic of the full eclipse with the corona because of the iPhone camera not being right for that, but I did whip off the glasses and look at it with the naked eye, until sun started peeking through and I got scared and stopped looking.

But it was the first solar eclipse I've seen, and getting to look right at it in full with no glasses was cool.

It wasn't as dark as I expected because the plane was so high that light from the distance gave it a weird "sunset" effect instead, with the ground being totally dark.

Sunset effect appears, 11:35am MDT, near Jackson, WY:

Views: 355
Size:  27.0 KB

11:36am:

Views: 367
Size:  16.5 KB

11:39am during totality:

Views: 378
Size:  16.7 KB

I'd love to see a picture from above, looking down on earth. Idk if that would look cool or if it'd be tough to see, though.

Still not seeing the fascination with this thing. Those pics from the plane are no different than what you see flying anywhere in the world every time it's close to sunrise or sunset. In fact, they're maybe half as good. And why anyone would remove what they believe to be protective glasses just to claim they foolishly viewed an eclipse with naked eyes is a mystery beyond all. Even mickey wouldn't do that.

Thread Information