Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding Alan and the expected treatment of him here

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I thought the RS analogy was pretty good. On occasion, with odds that can be figured depending on whether it's pre-flop and so on, 2/7 can beat AA. It's a solved game, like video poker, so all the same arguments and obfuscations of probability apply. The fact 2/7 sometimes wins vs. AA is directly analogous to people winning for 10,000 hands versus 98% vp. You can claim stopping when ahead after your 2/7 beats the AA is the key to winning, for example. Well, that's true enough, unless you go back to the poker table and try to do it again. It's all probability. There isn't one probability for poker and another for video poker.
    Of all the nonsensical posts you've ever made this one tops it.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Call it what you want, RS__. For someone who says they used to deal craps in Vegas and who is a current Seven Stars player, you have missed a few things.
    I have "missed a few things"? Can you clarify what you mean by that?

I thought the RS analogy was pretty good. On occasion, with odds that can be figured depending on whether it's pre-flop and so on, 2/7 can beat AA. It's a solved game, like video poker, so all the same arguments and obfuscations of probability apply. The fact 2/7 sometimes wins vs. AA is directly analogous to people winning for 10,000 hands versus 98% vp. You can claim stopping when ahead after your 2/7 beats the AA is the key to winning, for example. Well, that's true enough, unless you go back to the poker table and try to do it again. It's all probability. There isn't one probability for poker and another for video poker.
    It's only nonsensical to a nonsensical person.

It's nonsensical because I never said such a thing nor is 2/7 superior to AA in Texas Hold'em.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    You beat me to that one. Not only was it non-sensical--it was poorly written and filled with his usual load of corn. Could be why his "pr packet" never got him anywhere.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

You beat me to that one. Not only was it non-sensical--it was poorly written and filled with his usual load of corn. Could be why his "pr packet" never got him anywhere.
    Rob, I intended to fill the post with expletives, but I didn't have a list. Could you help me out?

You're easily intimidated, and you rarely know how to hide your embarrassment.

I was going to put that on my tombstone. I'll be sure to cite you.

Don't forget to list your accomplishments, you know, the ones you're claiming that I forced you to mail in under threat of forum-humiliation.

It's nonsensical because I never said such a thing nor is 2/7 superior to AA in Texas Hold'em.
    No one claimed you said 2/7 is superior to AA in Hold'em.

Apparently you've never read ROB SINGER ON TEXAS HOLDEM. He used to give holdem lessons at the LVA Sports Forum. Rob taught us that 2/7 is just as good as a pair of aces because you don't know what is going to come on the flop. I shit you not. That's what he told everybody. A lot of the forum members invited him to come play but he never showed up.

I hate to say this but there are players who do play 2/7 and here's their rationale:

When there are a lot of callers after the deal they reason that a lot of good cards are already out, leaving junk cards and low cards to come on the board.

Ironically in a tournament at Hawaiian Gardens Casing a few years ago I was dealt 7/2 two hands in a row. I showed my cards to the player next to me as I mucked them. After the second time I said to him "if I get them again I'm gonna play them." Well sure enuf on the next hand I got 7/2 again BUT I couldn't bring myself to play. I was not in a blind. I mucked the cards.

There were two players in the hand. When the hand was over one player showed Ten-Ten and the other player showed Queen-Queen. And the board?

The flop came 2-2-2.

I hate to say this but there are players who do play 2/7 and here's their rationale:

When there are a lot of callers after the deal they reason that a lot of good cards are already out, leaving junk cards and low cards to come on the board.

Ironically in a tournament at Hawaiian Gardens Casing a few years ago I was dealt 7/2 two hands in a row. I showed my cards to the player next to me as I mucked them. After the second time I said to him "if I get them again I'm gonna play them." Well sure enuf on the next hand I got 7/2 again BUT I couldn't bring myself to play. I was not in a blind. I mucked the cards.

There were two players in the hand. When the hand was over one player showed Ten-Ten and the other player showed Queen-Queen. And the board?

The flop came 2-2-2.
    That convinces me. 2,7 is a strong hand!

Thread Information