Nine years ago today was a life changing day for me. Just about at this time I was getting my last kidney dialysis before going into surgery for my kidney/pancreas transplant. I was married to Shelley then who really did everything to get me ready for a transplant. My son, Jason who later would do a lot of the post-op nursing (changing stuff), tonight was actually playing in a big poker tournament WHICH HE WON. I went into surgery at about 11-PM and woke up the next morning with a new kidney and a new pancreas and no longer a diabetic. The story is on my website here: http://alanbestbuys.com/id92.html Since then life has been damn good. Sure it had ups and downs... a couple of errors in Vegas, like getting married for two weeks for example (LOL), and years of success with my TV advertising business and Infomercials. But most important, I will never NEVER forget the family that donated the organs of their loved one so that I and several others could have a second chance at life. And for that reason I will always respect others and respect life. Be an organ donor and if you can be a living donor.