Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
I believe in positive reinforcement. I think we should react to Rob when he contributes something worthwhile and just ignore everything else. Rob could make some positive contributions.
The problem is that Rob does not make positive contributions (perhaps once in a blue moon he will). I've put Rob on my ignore list, but his bullshit still shows up, as I can see what he wrote in quotes. Even if he isn't quoted but someone responds, it's still changing the subject the thread, derailing it. This is every single thread where Rob posts.

Your suggestion is like saying a dog owner should ignore it when the dog shits in the house and praise him when he does a backflip. You're going to end up with a house full of shit and a dog that doesn't do backflips.

Rather than an outright ban how about just deleting the bs?
These are essentially the same thing, as everything he writes would be deleted.

Originally Posted by bocce ball View Post
Alan is correct.

I don't see anything ban-worthy about Rob's behavior. His post volume is frequent but not excessive. Usually he makes his points concisely. His personal insults are sometimes amusing, and always harmless.

Rather than an outright ban how about just deleting the bs?
Or move to a containment thread if it's considered intolerable in the place where it was posted. But it's not desirable to completely eliminate the BS. Perhaps a warning could be added, advising people not to wear their good shoes inside the forum.
Rob tries to derail every thread he posts in. I mean come on, wtf is this bullshit:

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
Alan, we know how special this story is, how it relates to what's really important in life, and what memories it surely holds for you. But do you really think it has any meaning whatsoever to most of the slug gamblers and "ap" bsers here, who can't even show respect for their own lives most of the time? And guess how much a lowlife like mickey, who continually ignores personal hygiene and health by drinking and smoking (and as we can see, poor eating habits also) would appreciate what you've gone thru.

The world is better because you're still here. That's all that's important.

Originally Posted by bocce ball View Post
Originally Posted by redietz View Post
Bocce, really, if you were posting under your real name and Rob said your gambling addiction had ruined your marriages (without data or examples or evidence), or that you were guilty of identity theft and/or you were a drug addict, would you consider that "harmless?"
Pretty much. If there's no evidence, it's obviously not a credible accusation. If there is evidence, someone else would have mentioned it eventually.
We don't live in a world where people care about evidence or credibility.