Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
I also wonder if people will run into any hard-ass, stickler-for-rules types at TR who will disallow paying for first class tickets.

Again, the TR rules officially state you have to get coach, but Passport usually allowed first class, up to the full budgeted amount. So what if you get a TR rep who says, "I can't give you freeplay, this was a first class ticket!"

Probably won't happen, but knowing CET, this whole process will probably be very disorganized at first, and will likely be at the full discretion of the rep you deal with.
Precisely. And even if you have approval in advance who is to say it's not going to be a hassle once you get there to get the reimbursement. I have no idea what I'm doing with the trip I have from this year but at least this thread reminded me that I need to get on figuring that out. IDK if I will take advantage of this or not. If I'm throwing it at a solo trip to use it up, then I will probably just use Passport so that first class isn't a question. But if I take the whole gang and need to get 4 tickets, I may just book them all myself rather than having to pay through Passport for the other two (as I have done in the past), and try this out. Although that will depend on how I feel once I discuss with my host at whatever destination I end up going.