Thread: Firewater Guzzling

In an effort to make our newest soon-to-be member, Jerry Logan, feel right at home, I've opened this thread for discussion. If anyone has comments regarding various types of firewater and its guzzling, please post them here. You don't have to be Indian or "injun" to post. All ethnic groups are welcome here, kind of like "Black Jeopardy" on SNL.

I'll get the ball rolling. In the anthracite region of Pennsylvania, we often had access to homemade "white lightning." I could handle one shot of it; three shots would have put me down.

I think this is a good spot for this topic -- right above Alan's self serve beverage comments.

I need to be filled in on Jerry Logan and firewater.

During my freshman year in college my room mate was from the mountains of N. Carolina.

The day before my US History mid-term exam, I had four wisdom teeth extracted; it hurt, so I took the prescribed pain medication.

Later that day while attempting to crack the books my room mate brought in a Ball jar of moonshine: first time I'd seen it (I was only 17).

He mixed it with grape juice, and in short order I was thoroughly fucked up: moonshine and codeine, that'll do it every time.

I woke up fuzzy headed the next morning and stumbled into class where I took the exam, totally unprepared and reeling, mentally.

A few weeks later the prof called me into his office.

He was, in a word, amazed: it seems that I got the LOWEST grade in the class on the multiple choice section, and the HIGHEST on the essay.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    During my freshman year in college my room mate was from the mountains of N. Carolina.

The day before my US History mid-term exam, I had four wisdom teeth extracted; it hurt, so I took the prescribed pain medication.

Later that day while attempting to crack the books my room mate brought in a Ball jar of moonshine: first time I'd seen it (I was only 17).

He mixed it with grape juice, and in short order I was thoroughly fucked up: moonshine and codeine, that'll do it every time.

I woke up fuzzy headed the next morning and stumbled into class where I took the exam, totally unprepared and reeling, mentally.

A few weeks later the prof called me into his office.

He was, in a word, amazed: it seems that I got the LOWEST grade in the class on the multiple choice section, and the HIGHEST on the essay.
    Junior year in high school I had a free period after lunch, so I could essentially just go home at 12pm if I wanted to (2 hour class periods). One day a bunch of my friends ditched their last class so we went to one of their houses and just smoked endlessly for the next 2.5-3 hours. I don't remember what it was, but we were celebrating something, so we were going extra ham. Around 2:55pm I remembered I was schedule to take a re-test for chemstry at 3 or 315. (I think I had just missed the original test because of sports or being sick.)

I showed up to the re-test just thinking I was completely f*cked because I could hardly think straight and the tests were freaking hard to begin with. First question -- eh it's tough, I'll work on the next one. Second question, even harder. Third, eh, no idea. And so on. I looked through each question and had NO IDEA on any of them. An hour and a half later, my test still had nothing filled in except my name and date. Then it got a little scary, I couldn't just turn in a test with NOTHING on it, but I literally couldn't think of anything to do.

Finally with maybe 15-20 minutes remaining, I remembered how to do chemistry stuffs. It was all questions on moles and balancing some weird nonsense crap (it was the toughest section of the year, think it may have even been on a curve which we never did in high school). I did the whole thing in the last 15-20 minutes, thought I did excellent. Got the test back the next week and I got a 93% on it, which turned to a 97 or 98%.

Remember pulling "all nighters" in college?

The night before an exam: find a good place to study, lay in a supply of "study aids" (black beauties, crosstops), and hunker down?
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    The night before an exam: find a good place to study, lay in a supply of "study aids" (black beauties, crosstops), and hunker down?
    OMG. I haven't heard "black beauty" in about 30 years! Wow....memories! ��
    And wasn't there something like a bee? Was it "yellow jackets"?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Chimp???????
    Yep! Hey Alan! Still lurking. Lol

Chimp I think I went through one marriage and three girlfriends since I last saw you post here.

Chimp I think I went through one marriage and three girlfriends since I last saw you post here.
    Haha! Some things never change!
    I did know about the marriage, but not the girlfriends.

Well, the girlfriends don't count.

Well, the girlfriends don't count.
    Yes, they "don't count:" they're innumerate.
    What, Me Worry?

MisterV most of my girlfriends only need to count 1, 2 which are the little black dress sizes they wear.

Lord, those "little black dresses."

I remember how for a bit they epitomized Las Vegas for me.

Standing on the sky bridge between MGM and NYNY on a weekend evening, watching all the pretty women in their little black Las Vegas party dress.

Ah, the stuff dreams are made of.
    What, Me Worry?

Thread Information