Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A Rose By Any Other Name

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    The original "on the knee" pose was adopted because it was analogous to a flag at half staff, honoring the dead.
    redietz

I hadn't thought of that and accept that you're right. However, at this time it is universally accepted that when the national anthem is playing at events, one stands (unless physically unable to) otherwise it it viewed as a sign of disrespect.
    The first time Kaepernick did it, another guy did it with him. That other guy recently gave an interview and said they did the half knee exactly so it would not be construed as anti-military. Today's USA Today mentions some of this in a feature today. I didn't read it all, but it might be worth a look.

It's odd, to me, that so many people directly tie our flag to the military instead of to the country as a whole.

I know a guy, a good friend actually, who was engaged to a girl back around 1980. The girl refused to stand for the anthem. He worked for the feds as a high-ranking auditor, and he just couldn't deal with it. They broke up because of it. He asked me at the time what I thought, and I said that I thought it was a crazy thing to break up over.

The original "on the knee" pose was adopted because it was analogous to a flag at half staff, honoring the dead.
    redietz

I hadn't thought of that and accept that you're right. However, at this time it is universally accepted that when the national anthem is playing at events, one stands (unless physically unable to) otherwise it it viewed as a sign of disrespect.
    The first time Kaepernick did it, another guy did it with him. That other guy recently gave an interview and said they did the half knee exactly so it would not be construed as anti-military. Today's USA Today mentions some of this in a feature today. I didn't read it all, but it might be worth a look.

It's odd, to me, that so many people directly tie our flag to the military instead of to the country as a whole.

I know a guy, a good friend actually, who was engaged to a girl back around 1980. The girl refused to stand for the anthem. He worked for the feds as a high-ranking auditor, and he just couldn't deal with it. They broke up because of it. He asked me at the time what I thought, and I said that I thought it was a crazy thing to break up over.
    Really depends what she looked like!!!

Originally Posted by regnis View Post

redietz

Really depends what she looked like!!!
    Actually, my friend wasn't going to be gracing the cover of Playgirl anytime soon, so maybe the decision should have been based on HIS looks.

I don't agree with Hanoi Jane either but I damn sure wouldn't kick her out of bed.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

mickey, she's 80 years old. Is THAT what you masturbate over?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    mickey, she's 80 years old. Is THAT what you masturbate over?
    So how old is your hag?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I don't care about this controversy, but it should be noted that MisterV's posts are elite.

He makes a lot of sense, while writing only enough to keep me wanting more.

Also, I just finally noticed that all his paragraphs are one sentence.

It's not something I would adopt for my own personal style.

But it seems to work beautifully for him.

I have banned Rob Singer.

Maybe in the future he can return if he is willing to change his behavior, but I've had enough. The racist post he made on page 3 (which you can still see, with one word censored) was the final straw.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Uh oh, that will leave the board with a dummy but no ventriloquist.
    What, Me Worry?

Thread Information