Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Rose By Any Other Name

I'm scratching my head over this: I don't understand why it's important for anyone's true name or identity to be established here?

Unless someone is selling something (like a doctor, lawyer, investment counselor, purveyor of sports betting information, teacher of dice control) why is it important what their name really is?

What is most important is what information they are providing.

I'm going to repeat that: what is most important is what information they are providing.

If forum member XXXXXX is telling us about great promotions, he is more valuable that forum member ZZZZZZ who keeps telling us how wonderful he is and how much he's winning.

Forum member XXXXXX who shares helpful information is the Rose.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I'm scratching my head over this: I don't understand why it's important for anyone's true name or identity to be established here?
    I completely agree. An anonymous message board means.....anonymous. There are many reasons why people post anonymous. The "AP" situation is just one such reason. While I completely agree with the above statement, I find it interesting that just a couple days ago, you were singing a different tune....not once, but 3 different posts!

I sure wish you would sign your real name, kewlj.
    Since you are afraid to sign your real name kewlj....
    What's your real name?

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

I completely agree. An anonymous message board means.....anonymous. There are many reasons why people post anonymous. The "AP" situation is just one such reason. While I completely agree with the above statement, I find it interesting that just a couple days ago, you were singing a different tune....not once, but 3 different posts!

Since you are afraid to sign your real name kewlj....
    What's your real name?
    KJ, that is just typical Mr Bojangles for ya....he flip flops and twists more than a fucking trout on a boat deck

Real names would help in determining how full of it a poster is. This is why redietz won't positively identify himself and believes wordsmithing trumps truth, why mickeycrimm goes thru forums telling total bs stories, why biloxibill has posted here under multiple anonymous identities, and why a sensitive slimy clown like kew believes it proper to make claims that are so obviously false.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Real names would help in determining how full of it a poster is. This is why redietz won't positively identify himself and believes wordsmithing trumps truth, why mickeycrimm goes thru forums telling total bs stories, why biloxibill has posted here under multiple anonymous identities, and why a sensitive slimy clown like kew believes it proper to make claims that are so obviously false.
    Is that why you don`t post under your real name Harry?....or is it that you`re attempting to hide the BK, numerous judgements, and the fact you married a relative of Sasquatch?

One thing there`s no hiding is you can`t dress for shit and look like a fatter version of Kramer`s older brother

Kewlj you missed the important point. I said value is based on contribution.

When the contribution is helpful it doesn't matter who posted it.

Question: what contribution do APs make here except blow their own horns and criticize others?

Biloxi you still here? I thought for sure Dan bounced you?

Unless someone is selling something (like a doctor, lawyer, investment counselor, purveyor of sports betting information, teacher of dice control) why is it important what their name really is?

What is most important is what information they are providing.

I'm going to repeat that: what is most important is what information they are providing.

If forum member XXXXXX is telling us about great promotions, he is more valuable that forum member ZZZZZZ who keeps telling us how wonderful he is and how much he's winning.

Forum member XXXXXX who shares helpful information is the Rose.
    That ended two years ago.

Well, I'm not technically an "AP," because sports bettors usually don't define themselves that way. But since Rob tends to lump me, I'll take a bow. I wrote a wonderful summary of how to scout Las Vegas sports books for futures in the Sports Threads. You can't get that kind of run-down from anyone, basically. Fezzik or Dancer or Shackleford couldn't have written that.

You got comprehensive, accurate information from a unique source. Seems to me that's more valuable than the voodoo blatherings from the non-APs. Am I wrong?

Question: what contribution do APs make here except blow their own horns and criticize others?
    I generally find great value in contributions by APs, when we are allowed to share our experiences in a constructive atmosphere. I learn from experiences and mistakes. Constructive forums allow me to learn from other players mistakes and experiences. Unfortunately this is not a constructive atmosphere or forum. On this site, all APs can do is defend themselves from attacks.

I would ask you your same question, but I would substitute "Rob Singer" for "APs". What contribution does Singer make to this site, other than criticizing others? And "criticizing" isn't even a fair description. Everything Singer posts is an attack of one sort or another! When such a person repeatedly demonstrates that is their only objective, they should not be tolerated.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Well, I'm not technically an "AP," because sports bettors usually don't define themselves that way.
    I find it curious that several times you have rebuked the "AP" label. You certainly are within your right to refuse such a label if for whatever reason, you don't care for it. But to me anyone who finds a way to win over the longterm, playing a negative expectation game or event like sportsbetting, is an AP. While I may not understand how you or others (machine players like Mickey) do it, you are clearly playing at an advantage. That makes you an AP and part of the "family" even if you chose not to identify. It also is why you are subject to the same anti-AP attacks of the "anti-AP fellowship" of this site.

I appreciate information that you share like your recent "LV sports book for futures" thread. It's an opportunity for me to learn.

I've made plenty of posts on AP technique here just to have it called bullshit by you.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

I've made plenty of posts on AP technique here just to have it called bullshit by you.
    Actually I have complimented you for telling us and identifying particular games and machines.

What contribution does Singer make to this site, other than criticizing others? And "criticizing" isn't even a fair description. Everything Singer posts is an attack of one sort or another! When such a person repeatedly demonstrates that is their only objective, they should not be tolerated.
    Actually, there was a time... and granted, it was a long time ago... when Rob did make a lot of useful and helpful posts here.

What contribution does Singer make to this site, other than criticizing others? And "criticizing" isn't even a fair description. Everything Singer posts is an attack of one sort or another! When such a person repeatedly demonstrates that is their only objective, they should not be tolerated.
    Actually, there was a time... and granted, it was a long time ago... when Rob did make a lot of useful and helpful posts here.
    And there was a time when John Travolta was thin. Now Travolta is fat and Singer is a troll. Stop living in the past.

And there was a time when John Travolta was thin. Now Travolta is fat and Singer is a troll. Stop living in the past.
    I had hair once. Long beautiful hair. Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen, Give me down to there hair....but living in the past does me no good in the present.

Rob's actually gone out of his way to get bounced from here. The prevalence of WOVers undercuts his non-math modus operandi here. As his credibility sinks, his vituperation rises. The main thing is, he doesn't even believe most of what he types. It's all just some bitter entertainment for him. I did get a little insight into him this week. He says he was a VP at Northrup. Well, given his current standard of living, that suggests he blew a naval shipyard (that's more than your standard boatload) gambling.

Rob keeps addressing his audience in these posts as if he's one of "we." That people agree with him and understand where's he's coming from. I suggest starting a thread to invite any and all of the site's silent majority to chime in on their take on Rob. Does anybody actually think he's, shall we say, lying only half the time? That would be a worthwhile poll.

I missed that: when did he say he was a VP at Northrup?

And it's NORTHROP.

I had hair once. Long beautiful hair. Shining, gleaming, steaming, flaxen, waxen, Give me down to there hair....but living in the past does me no good in the present.
    I have heard that song....hippie song from the 60's right? Was that the time of your "youth"?
    Rob's actually gone out of his way to get bounced from here. The prevalence of WOVers undercuts his non-math modus operandi here. As his credibility sinks, his vituperation rises. The main thing is, he doesn't even believe most of what he types. It's all just some bitter entertainment for him. I did get a little insight into him this week. He says he was a VP at Northrup. Well, given his current standard of living, that suggests he blew a naval shipyard (that's more than your standard boatload) gambling.
    I think this is a very accurate assessment of the situation. And while that explains his bitterness, it does NOT excuse it, nor should it be tolerated.

It was from the Broadway musical and then movie HAIR.

It was from the Broadway musical and then movie HAIR.

Same song, but that is not the version I have heard before. I guess that is the version from the musical, which I am not familiar with, as believe it or not I am not a big musicals guy

Not that it matters but the version I heard a few times (at East Cannery) is much slower in tempo. Sort of drawn out. And it begins with "she asked me why? Why I'm a hairy guy?"

Thread Information