Thread: Rob's G2E Panel

In previous posts, Rob mentioned that he had been recruited to host a panel at G2E regarding video poker. I wouldn't want anyone to forget about that, so I thought I'd start up a thread where people could ask Rob questions about the panel, the people who will be participating, and what the themes of the panel will be.

So please feel free to ask Rob in this thread. All of the information will therefore be in one place and of maximum use.

Rob, will Jerry Logan and aceshii be on the panel?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

If I'm not banned as "Alan would do" then I'll be happy to educate you and anyone else interested in this....especially since I fear copyright laws if I were to put up the links on the internet. And if they want a copy of the proceedings then they likely will have to wait until I mail it to them from a former vp of Lockheed's home in Georgia whom I'm friends with. Just so happens that I don't mail from where I live.

Either that, or I can meet anybody for a meeting on a cross-country bus.

I'm sure Rob's had a little too much to drink -- it is, after all, Monday Night football night. I'm certain that after he's composed himself, he'll be more than happy to post the details of his G2E panel.

And Rob, when you get it together, let me know about the LuxBus going cross-country. I thought www.LuxBusAmerica.com only went from L.A. and Anaheim to Las Vegas. I might be missing out, so I thank you for the info. I sure hope you're correct, as usual.

Oh, and Rob, I'm in Orange (CA). I understand that C sometimes looks like G, especially during Monday Night football, but Orange is in California. See, when I invited Alan to come visit, since he's 30 minutes away, I was assuming he'd drive, not use a matter transporter like on Star Trek.
    Last edited by redietz; 09-25-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Orange is at least a one hour drive for me without traffic. How did you come up with 30 minutes redietz?

Edited to add: according to Google traffic it's one hour and 44 minutes with normal traffic.

I don't have your address, Alan. I thought you were on this side of your office by 30 minutes.

But it's good that what you chose to address was my underestimation of LA traffic. Not Rob misreporting every blessed thing in the above post. Let's go through Rob's post.

1) I fear copyright laws, so I do not provide links. Well, Rob, you, and me all know materials 20-30 years old aren't going to have links, just like there is no record of Rob's GT articles anywhere. So I would have to post photos of the material, which is against copyright law for most of it.

Did Alan Mendelson address this? No. Why not?

2) Rob says I'm hanging out in Georgia. Did Alan Mendelson address this? Nosirreee, Bob.

3) Rob mentions a cross-country bus. Don't know when I last took a cross-country bus. I may have been 23. I certainly haven't said anything like that online. Does Alan Mendelson mention this in his search for truth and justice? Naw.

But does Alan Mendelson want to know how I managed to underestimate LA traffic? Yes, he does. An intrepid journalist, to be sure.

Now, let's get back to the issue at hand. Will Alan Mendelson, intrepid journalist, care to comment on Rob's reported upcoming G2E panel?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Rob misreporting every blessed thing in the above post.
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Rob says I'm hanging out in Georgia.
    Oh good lord, what an obtuse clod you are.

Rob misreported nothing...he was talking about himself, not you.

It was sarcasm, you ditz.

I don't know anything about a G2E panel. I haven't been to G2E in years.

I also didn't know that I was the arbiter of who posts correct and incorrect info here? Dan is the owner and has moderator powers, and I don't.

I do want to say that if redietz's articles were published before 2000 it is very unlikely they are available on the web. My articles for Barron's and New York Magazine and New Jersey Magazine are not on the web. My TV reports for CBS News are not on the web. Nearly all of my videos for CNN are not on the web WITH THE EXCEPTION of the early 80s report I did on the introduction of cell phones because CNN has that report in its special series on The 80s. It's on TV every couple of months.

As far as the traffic goes... several times you said, redietz, that I was a half hour away. When you finally mentioned Orange I know I wasn't a half hour away. And I confirmed that with Google.

By the way Tony's office is more than a half hour away.

Now we find out that redietz wrote these articles or whatever he's claiming 20 to 30 years ago?! WTF?? Is he living in the same past as mickey does???

Turns out this whole proof thing is stupid. Who cares what red did or didn't do back then. What counts now is what a ditz he is in the way he claims things and writes. (and takes busses)

I'm as guilty as redietz. My last articles published for New York Magazine, New Jersey Magazine, Barron's, The Columbia Journalism Review, and The Washington Journalism Review were all in the 1970s.

I reported for CBS News in the 1970s and 1980s.
    I reported for CNN in the 1980s.

My last contributions to gaming articles in the Las Vegas Review Journal were about three years ago.

I stand with redietz.

Rob, have you invited Jerry Logan and aceshii to be on the G2E forum yet? We'd like to see the three of you in the same room.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information