Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Rob Singer banned

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Very true.

Trump is a rabid dog.
    People get the politicians they deserve.

I probably agree with 40-50% of the Trump policies, but actually voting for this particular man was irresponsible. Voting for him was more about wish fulfillment and wanting to relive "Happy Days" than making a logical, cogent decision based on information on hand. We deserve whatever happens. The man inherited money and starred on a reality television show. That qualified him to be president of the United States.

Oprah didn't want to run.

I believe that in part Trump's election was a knee jerk reaction of an American public who were tired of a black man (OK, a half black man) having ruled them for eight years: too damned liberal and PC for the body politic.

Clinton being a woman didn't help her with the conservative backlash.

Old prejudices die hard.
    What, Me Worry?

I believe that in part Trump's election was a knee jerk reaction of an American public who were tired of a black man (OK, a half black man) having ruled them for eight years: too damned liberal and PC for the body politic.

Old prejudices die hard.
    I despised Hillary Clinton. I thought it was irresponsible of her to run, given that the first image that comes to anybody's mind when you say "Hillary Clinton" is an intern on her knees in the Oval Office. Not likely to play well in Middle America. Plus she oozed disdain and disrespect for the working class.

This was a disaster in the making. The sad thing is, I was half rooting for Trump in the Republican primary -- up to the point a friend of mine in the theater department told me to sit and watch the clip from earlier that day with Trump telling Jeb Bush that Jeb was "low energy," as if that was (A) a bad thing and (B) something to be taken seriously from a fat dude who, by his own admission, never exercises. We knew, somehow, that Trump's snarkiness would play well with the audience. About the seventh or eighth time watching the clip, we realized, "Holy hell, Trump's gonna win the nomination."

Old prejudices die hard.
    I'm a conservative.

I can guarantee you that almost no conservatives had a problem with her being a woman.

Conservatives despite her because they hate the Clinton family, and they (correctly) see her as shady, dishonest, and self-serving.

She didn't lose the election because of misogyny.

Part of the reason she lost, however, was because of a horribly run campaign. Trump understood the swing voters, and she didn't. Her campaign spoke to the people who were already voting for her -- mainly educated liberals in big cities. Trump's campaign spoke to working class swing voters who felt they didn't understand the politically correct America of 2016, and who felt left out and ridiculed by the Democratic Party.

When Hillary said that much of Trump's base were "deporables", it was clear that she had no idea what she was doing in that campaign.

The message of the Democratic Party in 2016 was, "We know what's best for you. Your concerns are invalid. We are smarter than you and can assure you that everything's great. Shut up and vote for us."

Trump's message was basically, "Don't feel bad for being white, being straight, loving your country, being scared of terrorists, or wanting more control on illegal immigation. Wanting tougher handling of violent crime doesn't make you a racist. I'll bring your lost jobs back. I'm the one who understands you."

No doubt, Trump's message resonated with these people WAY more than the "you're white, so feel guilty about your privilege" message that the Democrats were serving up.

This allowed Trump to win despite saying stupid and offensive things just about daily, even after the novelty of the "blunt guy who tells it like it is" wore off.

Also, Hillary didn't once visit Wisconsin, and she barely stopped in Michigan. Instead, she arrogantly believed those were in the bag, and instead focused resources on unwinnable states such as Georgia, believing that she would be accomplishing something by turning a traditionally red state.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    This allowed Trump to win despite saying stupid and offensive things just about daily, even after the novelty of the "blunt guy who tells it like it is" wore off.
    If the election was a forum, and Dan Druff owned the forum, then Trump would have been banned...right Todd?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I despised Hillary Clinton.

This was a disaster in the making. The sad thing is, I was half rooting for Trump in the Republican primary --
    I did a little worse than root for Trump. I voted for him in the primary. AND...I changed my party registration just so I could support him. AND, voting or Trump took up an entire evening as we have that caucus thing going on here in Nevada (it was my first time participating in a caucus).

I too despised Hillary Clinton. The Clintons are dishonest right through to the core. Typical politicians. I thought the likely Clinton-Bush was very unappealing as I didn't care for either. I thought Trump might just shake things up a bit, maybe someone like a Kasich or Marco Rubio could emerge. BOY did Trump shake things up. I never imagined he would win the repub nomination and when he did that left me to vote for the person I liked the least in the race...Hillary.

Looking back, a Jeb Bush wouldn't have been so bad. Steady. SAIN. Hindsight is 20/20. And if I really wanted to shake things up, perhaps my protest vote would have been better wasted on Bernie. Problem is I knew the Dems were NEVER going to let Bernie win.

Old prejudices die hard.
    I'm a conservative.

I can guarantee you that almost no conservatives had a problem with her being a woman.

Conservatives despite her because they hate the Clinton family, and they (correctly) see her as shady, dishonest, and self-serving.

She didn't lose the election because of misogyny.

Part of the reason she lost, however, was because of a horribly run campaign. Trump understood the swing voters, and she didn't. Her campaign spoke to the people who were already voting for her -- mainly educated liberals in big cities. Trump's campaign spoke to working class swing voters who felt they didn't understand the politically correct America of 2016, and who felt left out and ridiculed by the Democratic Party.

When Hillary said that much of Trump's base were "deporables", it was clear that she had no idea what she was doing in that campaign.

The message of the Democratic Party in 2016 was, "We know what's best for you. Your concerns are invalid. We are smarter than you and can assure you that everything's great. Shut up and vote for us."

Trump's message was basically, "Don't feel bad for being white, being straight, loving your country, being scared of terrorists, or wanting more control on illegal immigation. Wanting tougher handling of violent crime doesn't make you a racist. I'll bring your lost jobs back. I'm the one who understands you."

No doubt, Trump's message resonated with these people WAY more than the "you're white, so feel guilty about your privilege" message that the Democrats were serving up.

Also, Hillary didn't once visit Wisconsin, and she barely stopped in Michigan. Instead, she arrogantly believed those were in the bag, and instead focused resources on unwinnable states such as Georgia, believing that she would be accomplishing something by turning a traditionally red state.
    Interesting take, Dan Druff. I agree with most of what you wrote. The thing that still perplexes me to this day is many Trump supporters heard what they wanted to hear, not really what he said. Maybe that is not unique to this election. People hear what they want.

The biggest example is the white ex-factory workers in all these small Midwest towns. I get that these are people that feel left behind, working 2-3 jobs at Walmart and such places, since they lost their factory jobs, at some point in the last decade or even more. So Trump rolls in telling them he will bring back their factory jobs. There was never any possibility of brining back those jobs. Those jobs are gone. He sold them a bill of goods, just like the salesman that he is.

And if he could have somehow convinced some factory to move their production back to a small town USA plant, those jobs are still gone. Automation would be doing most of the jobs. If he could have somehow convinced some factory to return, the factory would employ 30 people now, where it used to employ 300 on two shifts. And those 30 employees wouldn't be the same traditional blue collar factory type jobs. They would be white collar tech guys overseeing all the automation.

So these people not only haven't gotten their factory jobs back (and won't), but most of them have insurance through Obamacare, which the repubs have unsuccessfully attempted to take away. In the end, they will be hurt more than anyone if some of these policies like repealing Obamacare and tax reform actually get done. Again, these people heard what they wanted to hear....that things would go back to "the good old days".
    Last edited by kewlJ; 10-09-2017 at 06:28 PM.

The biggest thing about Obamacare is the middle class simply can't afford it. It's going to crash just like the mortgage meltdown of 2008.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The biggest thing about Obamacare is the middle class simply can't afford it. It's going to crash just like the mortgage meltdown of 2008.
    That may be. I honestly don't know much about Obamacare because it doesn't effect me or my partner. We get our insurance through the private market and have basically the same plan as before Obamacare. Since you have never steered me wrong, and probably know much more than I about it, I will assume you and the repubs are correct, it will crash and burn. So wouldn't the thing to do be for a bipartisan effort to fix it. Keep what's good and fix what's bad, in an effort to keep as many as possible insured, at as reasonable price as possible?

It doesn't make sense to me that the greatest, richest country in the world can't find a way to provide reasonable healthcare for it's citizens when other countries are able to. Personally I think Trump and half the republicans are opposed to Obamacare because it is called "Obamacare". If it had not been called Obamacare and it's real name, the Affordable care act, had taken hold, They would be more likely willing to work on a fix. That is retarded.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    If the election was a forum, and Dan Druff owned the forum, then Trump would have been banned...right Todd?
    Bluntness and racist are two different things. If Trump started spouting words right out of the KKK handbook, then I'm guessing he would have been banned. The troll is gone, let it go.

Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    Bluntness and racist are two different things.
    LA Times
    October 4, 2017

Donald Trump is a textbook racist
    by Jay A. Pearson

Civil rights advocates, social scientists and regular citizens have all called out President Trump as a racist in recent weeks.

As a professor who researches and teaches courses on the health effects of race, racism and inequality, I can assure you that the president’s defenders are wrong.

Trump is a racist.

Wow, "civil rights activists" call someone a racist.....well darn it, it must be true!

Liberals love twisting words around and hearing what they want. From what I can tell, almost all of their evidence of Trump being a racist, sexist, etc. in the last 1-2 years is complete bogus.

Trump never supported the KKK, neo-Nazis, white supremacists, etc. during all the Charlottesville stuff. Seriously. Go watch the video or read the full transcript. Reading might be better because you can't hear what you want. Actually, the exact opposite happened -- he condemned the KKK, neo-Nazis, etc. The "very fine people" comment was about people who were there only to protest against the removal of the statue. When a reporter chimed in and asked something like "Are you calling the KKK very fine people?", Trump responded and basically said no, not the KKK & etc. but those who were there only for the removal of the statue.

The whole thing was over sensationalized by the media and they tried to make it seem like Trump was having a big temper tantrum (where he gave the short press conference or whatever on infrastructure, I believe). I watched the video because a liberal friend of mine explained how crazy it was and surely Trump will be impeached very soon, he gave his support to the KKK and Nazis, etc. So I'm figuring Trump's gonna throw out a "Sieg Heil", "Heil Hitler", or "We must secure...(fourteen words)", and not a "The KKK and Nazis should be condemned in the fullest" (or whatever the particular wording was). I honestly thought I watched the wrong video and was upset my friend didn't stop me earlier from wasting my time on the wrong video. Turns out, that was the one my friend was referring to.

So, inaccurately calling someone a racist, sexist, etc. isn't the worst part about...or at least that's not everything that's wrong with what's going on. The other big problem is the whole "boy who cried wolf" dilemma as well as calling someone racist, sexist, etc. cliche. Not to mention, the media is (or should be) losing credibility throughout all of this.
    Last edited by RS__; 10-09-2017 at 09:45 PM.

KewlJ, I don't think the Republicans in congress are against Obamacare. I think it is all a Dog and Pony Show. When Obama was the United States president, the Republicans knew that they could unilaterally vote against Obamacare because Obama would veto it to pass it and keep it in place. Now that Donald Trump is president, they are using the terminally ill John Mccain (since he doesn't have to worry about alienating his constituents for re-election to his Senate seat) to vote against the repeal of Obamacare since they know Trump won't veto a unilateral vote to repeal it. Rest assured there will always be some road block to repeal. Both parties are wholly owned by the same multinational corporations and wish to create the illusion of choice to the American people. So if a democrat is elected as President in the next term, the republicans can again vote unilaterally to repeal and then have it vetoed by the incumbent democrat.
    I think the main reason HRC didn't get elected as president is because most people realize that she is an exceptionally corrupt criminal which is basically what Todd said also.
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Personally I think Trump and half the republicans are opposed to Obamacare because it is called "Obamacare". If it had not been called Obamacare and it's real name, the Affordable care act, had taken hold, They would be more likely willing to work on a fix. That is retarded.
    Last edited by tableplay; 10-09-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Originally Posted by james40 View Post
    Bluntness and racist are two different things.
    LA Times
    October 4, 2017

Donald Trump is a textbook racist
    by Jay A. Pearson

Civil rights advocates, social scientists and regular citizens have all called out President Trump as a racist in recent weeks.

As a professor who researches and teaches courses on the health effects of race, racism and inequality, I can assure you that the president’s defenders are wrong.

Trump is a racist.
    If you want to label Trump a racist you are welcome to your opinion. The difference is, he doesn't post here.

Were he to post here, he'd almost go ballistic, unable to weather the storm of attacks which would descend upon him.

Gee, just like we see happening now in DC.

The guy's a major tool, the poster child for "douche bag."
    What, Me Worry?

Dan it's time to let Rob Singer back. Nothing has changed here. Nothing will change here.

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Dan it's time to let Rob Singer back. Nothing has changed here. Nothing will change here.
    C'mon, Alan. The rest of these guys aren't nearly as viscious as your old bosom buddy, Rob. I can see why you want him back though. You know he will troll anyone who disagrees with your gambling opinions. If you recall, you banned him for calling you an addicted gambler when you owned the site. Then a few months later you got bombarded with conflicting opinions on the "two dice problem" and unbanned him because you knew he would troll those who disagree with you. You just want him back here to back YOU up. No dice, dude.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I don't know that it's your call, mickey. But all I can see is that this is not a kinder, friendlier forum. And if the rest of you are going to act the way you do, we might as well have Rob back.

I don't know that it's your call, mickey. But all I can see is that this is not a kinder, friendlier forum. And if the rest of you are going to act the way you do, we might as well have Rob back.
    That has been obvious for a long time. If there's anyone I gained more respect for, it's Arci- who realized the futility of it all and just kept to himself. Strange how that works.

It`s hard to tell if Mr Bojangles is upset because he feels lost on an island without Singer, or if he thought he would be the star attraction once Singer was banned and it didn`t quite work out that way.....hmmmm

Thread Information