Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: STRIP SHOOTING VERY BAD

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I detailed here, long before you joined us, what I did. After the first $100K royal ...
    My question was rhetorical.

Obviously gambling is about much more than simply "winning."

I don't fault you at all for continuing to gamble, as you enjoy the action.

AP's mix a lot of business with their pleasure; recreational gamblers are in it for fun (at least until they become "addicted)."
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by OneHitWonder View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Probably trying to use Singers system.
    That was my first thought about the shooter. But the unwritten part of Singer's system is to not take any of it seriously.

People are so gone in Vegas that they are making lies and excuses for each other, now.

I had no intention of adding anything to this "discussion," as it's grotesque. However, I find it interesting that OneHit, of everyone, somehow "knows" the unwritten part of Singer's system is to not take it seriously. Now OneHit, are you saying Singer doesn't take any of it seriously? Really? He lugs 52K around to implement it, but it's not to be taken seriously?

LOL -- OneHit, are you opining? You know, presenting as fact an opinion. "We" are all to accept your "unwritten part of Singer's system is to not take any of it seriously?" How would YOU know this?

Personally, I think the unwritten part of OneHit's posts is to not take them at face value.

Ah, yes.

Think of internet boards as being a mill, and you are the miller.

Got to separate a lot of chaff to get to the wheat.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Personally, I think the unwritten part of OneHit's posts is to not take them at face value.
    That's fine. Face value is boring on a gambling forum. Talk of gambling addiction and help, eg. But I wouldn't go so far as to post up pictures of stuff like monkeys or cats fried in oil. Stuff like that leaves a taste in the mouth.

Alan may see Singer's system as something to behold. But do you really believe that Singer does? Anyone would have to have rocks in their head, or want to believe because they gamble a lot.

Sometimes, we have to dig into something to see the real meat, and then come back to define face value, etc.

Sometimes, we have to dig into something to see the real meat, and then come back to define face value, etc.
    It takes a rare sort of person to see the real meat of things through the internet medium, but once accomplished we can consider it a task well done.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Got to separate a lot of chaff to get to the wheat.
    In the land of gambling, the chaff is the wheat. Go figure.

At least, religion has a direction, the absolute. As absolute as science, but in a different way. There has to be an all?

If religion is "the opium of the people," what, then, is gambling?
    What, Me Worry?

I can't answer this beyond saying gambling can mean different things to different people (action gamblers for adrenaline rush, escape from reality gamblers to numb life's problems, professionals wanting a living, etc.). Marx may have been incorrect in his quote of religion being the opiate of the masses. Religion can be deeply meaningful enough to some peoples' lives that it really can't be considered a pain-relieving opiate.

The opposite of a correct statement is a false statement. But the opposite of a profound truth may well be another profound truth.
    There is no quantum world. There is only an abstract quantum physical description. It is wrong to think that the task of physics is to find out how nature is. Physics concerns what we can say about nature...
    As there is a right and wrong way to do science, and the way, itself, varies given specific topics, with the above two quotes to generally describe quantum physics as opposed to relativity, there is a right and wrong way to look at and practise religion. The two are diametrically opposed, the quantum versus the relative, and their absolute forms, science versus religion, respectfully. Special relativity was first called "Jewish physics" by the scientific community, and ridiculed until it was borne out by experiments. On the other hand, Einstein never accepted the quantum or very small-scale randomness of the universe because he believed only in the harmonious laws of the universe as a whole. A whole that "just is" (its own reason or grounds for existing.)

To paraphrase the above paragraph, every thing exists, and so every thing makes sense in some way. Even mistakes exist, but aren't even mistakes when viewed in a different way. The quantum turns the usual rules of even set theory math on end. A particle's position smeared out into a wave is then as determinate or certain, but in a different manner. Surely, then, the particle is everywhere. The randomness of the quantum has its own order. This ties in with the notion of "madness" or "insanity" not being well-definable. How to be "mad" without some thought thrown in? More accurately, how to be "mad" without the thought or science of the quantum or the relative.

Hence, the search for something both less- quantum and, at the same time, less relative. Something which is the opposite of where the quantum and relative meet in full. Even in math, sometimes, the only solution to a problem is to assume the opposite of some stance is true, and then disprove it. Gambling, by AP or System-P, respectively, just seems to fit this mould. After all, the greatest form of gambling is in who we are, in terms of when, where and to whom we were born. In a sense, each of us is a guess solution/problem to the universe. We exist in a quantum-relative world, but defy this by being who we are, at least on the surface of things. (I recall a poster in an academic setting, "We are all [truly] mad.") And our universe was made for us, as we were made for it. Science often goes one way, and then another, and quite unexpectedly.

Cosmic microwave background radiation (CMBR) strongly seems to at least suggest that man is at the center of the universe, with the universe mirrored in general and all around us by our own solar system. If special relativity is correct, we will never know for sure the planets here revolve around the sun, or the sun goes around the earth. The sensible, scientific conclusion is that they do, but a new debate about this is raging in the scientific community, given the CMBR's new, reaffirming evidence. Could it be that neither observation is entirely correct on its own, and that something else is going on with celestial motions? Nothing to do with the "earth is flat" society or school of thought, though the extra dimension seems hardly worth it.

The solution to the universe is, in the proverbial nutshell, I think, itself a series of random-like events that coexist or build together seamlessly while apart, but, notably, the opposite of the gambling sort, which lies somewhere between the more rigorous and grounded game theory analogy of the quantum, and the lack of fixed reference point, longitudinal and finite logic of the relative.

The fact that religions through the ages have spoken in images, parables, and paradoxes means simply that there are no other ways of grasping the reality to which they refer. But that does not mean that it is not a genuine reality.

The solution to the universe is
    Is this One of the flakes that begged Druff to ban Singer, because he/she was too intimidated to post anymore?

And the good news is....Hank Jr. is back on Monday Night Football.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Continuing to read some of the commentary today, I find it very odd that so many are harping on the gambling, (whether gambling with and advantage or not) angle, focusing on the "loner", introvert characteristic. You would think from reading these comments there had been numerous gambling type people turned mass murderer, as gambling must be the root of all mass murder.

But here is an interesting fact: During the 70's, Paddock worked as a postal worker. I almost want to insert a laughing emoji, but this isn't a laughing matter. So evidently there is some sort of connection between gambling and mass murder (this being the first), but there is no connection between postal workers or ex-postal workers and mass murder of which there have been many.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Is this One of the flakes that begged Druff to ban Singer, because he/she was too intimidated to post anymore?
    Well, I saved the blunt version of what I was trying to say above for the peanut gallery.

Gambling is the slowest but surest road to nowhere good. I mean the slowest and most demeaning. If you want to do something so crazy, it's better to vent in some other way, in any other way.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    You would think from reading these comments there had been numerous gambling type people turned mass murderer, as gambling must be the root of all mass murder.
    Yes, I did think. True madness is to commit to, and draw out a train wreck right to the very end. It's not a brain tumor that causes a husband to knife his wife to death, one morning, or a terminal case of dementia like Robin William's. To have the life sucked out of you drop by drop as you and others watch, and allow yourself to become such a victim. I guess that the poetic or literary among us would put it as "parading the dead", as the wish they were still alive to feel their final demise at the same time.

I saved the blunt version of what I was trying to say above for the peanut gallery.
    Anybody who uses 9 commas in a sentence is encased within the proverbial nutshell.

or a terminal case of dementia like Robin William's.
    Wait...What now? I haven't heard anything to this effect. Can you link to a source or has anyone else heard any mention of this?

As for all your comments after this comment, you lost me. I have no idea what you are talking about?

Anybody who uses 9 commas in a sentence is encased within the proverbial nutshell.
    Apparently you feel a void, with Singer gone, coach belly, and are intent on elevating your attacks as today you have attacked Dan Druff for banning Singer, and now twice attacked OneHitWonder, the first attack simply because he posted and now, because you don't like his grammar. Is this going to be your new role...you going to try to fill the nastiness void?

Since the nastiness, the trolling, the obnoxious and abusive postings are still here, I suggest Rob Singer be allowed to return. At least we might get some additional entertainment and some people won't get a free pass.

I think you’re got something here. This left wing liberal snowflake didn’t have the balls or tits to take Rob’s right wing views on directly. It’s the typical left-wing move. Sucker punch from the back.

Since he’s gone this poster has suddenly been giving us endless meaningless bullshit. I couldn’t even finish the post above without thinking that this must be what it’s like to be in college today. Being forced to sit and listen through all that drivel while not challenging what’s being said or get a failing grade.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Apparently you feel a void, with Singer gone, coach belly, and are intent on elevating your attacks as today you have attacked Dan Druff for banning Singer, and now twice attacked OneHitWonder, the first attack simply because he posted and now, because you don't like his grammar. Is this going to be your new role...you going to try to fill the nastiness void?
    Ha, this is so obvious, that I didn't feel the need to point it out. Thanks.

I will get back to you about Williams, when time permits. I have a Hangouts conversation to attend to.

Thread Information