Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

Thread: STRIP SHOOTING VERY BAD

Excellent article! Thank you for posting it

I used to rent weeklies at the Bridger Inn.

I remember that some tried to paint the shooter as an AP. I didn't think he was. I thought he was just a rich loser. But what has clicked with me in the Grosjean article is the crackdown on machine AP's on MGM properties after the Mandalay shooting. It looks like either execs or security seen the machine AP's as being the same type the shooter was. And he had been described in the press as an AP. So they cracked the whip on AP's.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    I remember that some tried to paint the shooter as an AP. I didn't think he was. I thought he was just a rich loser.
    Grosjean's writing style would fit right in around here, he reminded me of the resident martian.

It's been awhile now since the shooting.

Do we know what this shooter's situation was?...I only read speculation.

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    I remember that some tried to paint the shooter as an AP. I didn't think he was. I thought he was just a rich loser.
    Grosjean's writing style would fit right in around here, he reminded me of the resident martian.

Grosjean has the best speculation I've seen on it.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/...ding-shooting/

It appears he was losing for the 2 years up to the shooting.

Originally Posted by DGenBen View Post
    Like I said...speculation...

"Lombardo speculated that the financial losses might have contributed to Paddock’s decision to spray a country music festival with bullets, killing 58 people and injuring more than 500 others."

"Lombardo speculated that the financial losses might have contributed to Paddock’s decision to spray a country music festival with bullets, killing 58 people and injuring more than 500 others."
    Of course it's "speculation", he's dead so we can never know for sure. That is, unless Kj does one of his official polls. This is the only way we'll know for sure Paddock's motivation for the shootings.

True that it’s speculation. He could have been winning and done the shooting. He was obviously nuts and stranger things have happened. Just seems to make more sense that he was losing as generally losing agitates people and winning generally puts them in a good mood.

Not sure why they never stated it for sure. Obviously the authorities should be able to tell via his financial records.

DiGenBen- Grosjean is suggesting the local press does know or could know but doesn't want to suggest that his gambling losses triggered this.

Still seems like the FBI would have made that public at some point?

When I was asked I said that based on what I gleaned from my meet up with him and the little I've seen since, he wasn't especially upset that he was losing money because he wasn't losing anything he didn't have. Rather, he was an angry habitual video poker player who just couldn't hit enuf iintermittent satisfaction-producing winners and who simply chose to lash out, and he chose his time and place to do that.

Why is this being brought up again?

Thread Information