Thread: Ideas for terrorist attacks

Assume you are a terrorist hellbent on driving this country to its knees: what would you do?

Note: I ask in the interest of discussing countermeasures / a response plan.

Yeah, it hurts to think about it, but if this shit happens we need to know what to do.
    Last edited by MisterV; 10-11-2017 at 07:31 AM.
    What, Me Worry?

I was impressed by the national angst and shutdowns a simple shooter with a rifle hiding in the trunk of a sedan managed in the Baltimore area -- just driving around with no weapon is sight and shooting people at gas stations and along the street. Terrified everyone. Now think about a dozen of those scattered throughout the country.

Actually... the best, most effective way for terrorists to disrupt this country... and they could do it in every city over and over again... is to take a bunch of worthless autos, and during rush hour drive them onto major bridges and tunnels and freeways, stop them nine or 12 deep, remove the keys and pile into a van and drive away.

The economic damage would be huge. And they could do this every day and if caught they'll be in jail for 24 hours for creating a "stunt."

When the Soviet Union's army was dismantled, literally thousands of cheap shoulder-mounted surface-to-air missiles went missing. These things are somewhere, and I've read cost estimates of as little as 5K on various black markets. I'm a little surprised nobody's gotten a few and parked a van at the edge of an airport and taken a few shots. American commercial jets don't have starbursts or lasers (unlike Israeli jets), and you'd think you could shoot one down. Many of these missiles may have wound up in some Uzbekistan armory, but there's got to be a bunch on the loose internationally.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    ... on driving this country to its knees: what would you do?
    That wouldn't be terrorism. You could vote Trump in again, and the country might collapse. But one person or a small group of persons as one attack to be judge, jury and executioner of the country borders on the divine. It's so much easier to amplify the direction that people are already going in than to bring them back past the norm the other way.

For an atheist, you surely don't seem very satisfied.

Ha, numbers are fun. 6*6*6 = 216.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I was impressed by the national angst and shutdowns a simple shooter with a rifle hiding in the trunk of a sedan managed in the Baltimore area -- just driving around with no weapon is sight and shooting people at gas stations and along the street. Terrified everyone. Now think about a dozen of those scattered throughout the country.
    I lived there during the “DC Sniper” event. It was absolutely terrifying. Every time you stepped out of your house or your car or any building, you swelled up with anxiety and tried to get to an indoor destination as quickly as possible. There was no hanging around outside. It was the most vulnerable and scared for my life that I ever felt.
    (Except for the time I was being chased by a doberman pinscher...lol)

Probably the worst thing terrorists could do would be to have repeated attacks on elementary school children.

Have a couple people with automatic weapons spray the schools through curbside windows while the children are all sitting at their desks.

For variety, they could target the occupants of school buses.

Hit and run: twenty seconds of shooting, then melt away undetected.

It could happen.

Again, and again.
    What, Me Worry?

that has been done against Israeli children for 50 years.., its so common its not even news anymore.

the biggest damage would be, setting off a nuke a couple miles off shore of NYC, LA, SF. any or alll.....the nuclear fallout rendering the most expensive real estate in the world useless. Drving this country into a depression,They dont have to worry about smuggling parts into the US, or assembling it here. It doesnt have to physically blow up buildings. Just a small ship a few miles off the coast. The seas are not strictly monitored...its an impossibility. Unless trump builds a wall around us in the ocean,,, and makes Iran, Iraq, and Afghanistan pay for it.

with 9-11 it seems some terrorists have an ironic sense of humor abou things......picking that date.

I wonder if there was ever any corporate discussions involving one particular big box chain...of changing their name.

fuck....their logo is a bullseye

Thread Information