View Poll Results: Do we need Dan to post rules and how much detail is needed?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Dan, we need rules and a lot of detail.

3 50.00%
  • Dan, we need rules but without a lot of detail.

2 33.33%
  • Dan, we need some guidelines that hopefully will work.

1 16.67%
  • Forum members should donate to keep this forum in business.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Dan, it's time to post rules

I will be the first to admit that I have violate certain rules of forum decorum. (I like the rhyme.) Yes, I have used vulgarities too often and I am sorry.

I think it's time for Dan to post real rules here. Rules about language, about trolling including definitions, and about personal attacks, and whatever rules he wants so it is clear that the banning of Rob Singer was not done in vain. Frankly, there hasn't been much difference here without Rob -- except we haven't had a racist comment. But we've had plenty of other "crap."

So how about some rules, Dan? Rules that we can live by.

Is "bitch" a vulgarity?

Forum is fine, passively monitored as it is...Alan doesn't seem to realize, Dan has a life, and this forum is small peanuts to him.

What Alan is saying here is that he wants Dan to "protect" him. Alan thinks I and now others are attacking him, when we point out his more than obvious agenda and how he tries to undermine and discredit us every change he gets. Alan thinks he is clever, smarter than everyone else, so when he disguises this agenda, by seemingly being polite, and playin the naïve, innocent "role", no one sees what he is really doing. Being sneaky like that he thinks no one sees his agenda. I see. I have seen from day one. It's a form of trolling. I have continued to call him out on it and now others are as well, so now Alan wants Dan to protect him. (Where's the crybaby emoji?)

It is ok for Alan to call us liars and attempt to discredit us, but when we expose him, he cries. There is your definition of bitch!

I guess Alan wants to drive the few AP's that participate here away, and have the site be all about him, king of the hill, discussing 18 YO in a row and other such complete nonsense.

Where is the box in the poll for "STFU Alan and stop your crying"?
    Last edited by kewlJ; 10-13-2017 at 10:21 AM.

I worry about a poll that is written by one guy with multiple choice answers but without a "none of the above" and "fine as is."

It would be like me starting a poll. Alan is a

1) Horse's ass.
    2) Former (and I mean former) journalist.
    3) Fan of Kidnapping.
    4) Dude in need of gas money donations.

See? It's not quite a fair and friendly poll. It's sort of a push poll.

But if anyone wants to vote in my poll, feel free.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I worry about a poll that is written by one guy with multiple choice answers but without a "none of the above" and "fine as is."

1) Horse's ass.
    3) Fan of Kidnapping.

5. All of the Above....AND THEN SOME!

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    What Alan is saying here is that he wants Dan to "protect" him. Alan thinks I and now others are attacking him, when we point out his more than obvious agenda and how he tries to undermine and discredit us every change he gets. Alan thinks he is clever, smarter than everyone else, so when he disguises this agenda, by seemingly being polite, and playin the naïve, innocent "role", no one sees what he is really doing. Being sneaky like that he thinks no one sees his agenda. I see. I have seen from day one. It's a form of trolling. I have continued to call him out on it and now others are as well, so now Alan wants Dan to protect him. (Where's the crybaby emoji?)

It is ok for Alan to call us liars and attempt to discredit us, but when we expose him, he cries. There is your definition of bitch!

I guess Alan wants to drive the few AP's that participate here away, and have the site be all about him, king of the hill, discussing 18 YO in a row and other such complete nonsense.

Where is the box in the poll for "STFU Alan and stop your crying"?
    Very astute post....spot on too

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

1) Horse's ass.
    3) Fan of Kidnapping.

LOL

Alan king of attention whores.

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Alan king of attention whores.
    That's what happens when you are no longer relevant. I can add this to my theory about the 18 yo's in a row.

Men are risk takers, and, so, less bogged down by losses; women aren't. It's much harder for women to deal with the loss of a child, or the break-up of a decent marriage.

I probably will post some rules, but it won't be any different than the rules as they stand right now.

I do think that some people are being too nasty with Alan.

I get it -- he questioned some APs here, and wasn't very polite about it. I also understand that he can be very stubborn sometimes, even when it's clear he's wrong. I also don't agree with how he handled the redietz package situation.

But still, I don't want to see needless personal attacks against him. If you want to question things he's said or criticize him for his opinions/posts, that's fine.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

I promise to do my part going forward, to be less confrontational with Alan (and others). I have been very hard on Alan....translation - nasty, because I was overly sensitive to his challenging of me in regards to tracking multiple BJ tables. I don't know why I was so sensitive about that. Alan is a non-AP (which doesn't make him a bad guy) and he seems to take an anti-AP bias into every discussion. While I don't understand this mentality, it is his right and what he thinks or believes or doesn't want to believe really has no bearing on me. There is absolutely no reason for me to get nasty in my defense of such an opinion.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 10-15-2017 at 07:27 PM.

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    I do think that some people are being too nasty with Alan.
    Who came to the defense of persons he maligned and otherwise forced off the forum in better times? Let him come back under a different name.

Thread Information