Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A few thoughts I must express

My Dad had a quintuple bypass in his 70's and on the third day was walking up and down the hall, telling the doctors he was ready to go home. He literally measured the distance he could walk inside the house during the winter and was faithful to do what the doctors told him. He finally passed 10 years later from cancer related problems.

Glad you're doing better. Blackbutthole should be banned. He contributes nothing but negativity. One pure punk asshole.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Glad you're doing better. Blackbutthole should be banned. He contributes nothing but negativity. One pure punk asshole.
    I do not agree that blackhole should be banned. He has a right to his opinion, even negative opinion of me and/or advantage play / advantage players.

Also, if the criteria is "contributes nothing but negativity", then half the active members here should be banned. lol. We don't want that do we? All I ask is a bit more respect from all of us, myself included. If we can't make our points without constant, vile personal attacks, that is when such drastic options should be considered, as they rightly were in the case of Rob Singer.

In reading blackhole's comments, in the last hour, I was somewhat offended. And I will be commenting on that post in the near future, when I am feeling a bit more clear-headed.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    My Dad had a quintuple bypass in his 70's and on the third day was walking up and down the hall
    On Tuesday afternoon (1 day after surgery) I was transferred from ICU to the cardiac ward. less than an hour later, some sadistic attendant or nurse or whatever he was, had me walking in the hall. I didn't go far or fast. As a matter of fact, a 75 year old patient, blew past me, like I was the little old lady in the slow lane. Turns out he was over a week removed from his surgery. Show off!

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    ....and that it's a rugged three/four weeks at home afterward --- and for God's sake, don't cough or sneeze. But they said after about six weeks, you're good to go.
    From the time you open your eyes and get off that machine that is breathing or you, they have you doing breathing and coughing exercises every freaking hour...even in the middle of the night. It is to prevent pneumonia. It is this little plastic contraption with blue ball and you have to blow hard enough to lift the balls. (no gay jokes axel). Then after the breathing exercise, you have to try to cough to expel any mucus.

That little cough is pure agony. Any upper torso movement, even just breathing is agony, but that cough is just hell. For those that don't know, heart patients are given a "heart pillow", to hold against you chest for support and to stabilize your sternum during painful breathing and coughing. For the first few weeks out, this heart pillow is your best friend in the world. I am using the same pillow from 6 years ago. A small white pillow, with a shamrock embroiled on it. It is like an old friend that has been through this before with me.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 10-19-2017 at 04:43 PM.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    ....and that it's a rugged three/four weeks at home afterward --- and for God's sake, don't cough or sneeze. But they said after about six weeks, you're good to go.
    From the time you open your eyes and get off that machine that is breathing or you, they have you doing breathing and coughing exercises every freaking hour...even in the middle of the night. It is to prevent pneumonia. It is this little plastic contraption with blue ball and you have to blow hard enough to lift the balls. (no gay jokes axel). Then after the breathing exercise, you have to try to cough to expel any mucus.

That little cough is pure agony. Any upper torso movement, even just breathing is agony, but that cough is just hell. For those that don't know, heart patients are given a "heart pillow", to hold against you chest for support and to stabilize your sternum during painful breathing and coughing. For the first few weeks out, this heart pillow is your best friend in the world. I am using the same pillow from 6 years ago. A small white pillow, with a shamrock embroiled on it. It is like an old friend that has been through this before with me.
    They gave Dad a teddy bear to hug!!

Time to buy a cat companion.

What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

OK, Fine, no gay jokes. However, I really think you wasted an oppertunity here. You should have used this opertunity to fake your own death. Agian.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    You should have used this opertunity to fake your own death. Agian.
    If a tree fell in a forest and there was no one there to hear it fall, did the tree make a sound when it fell?

If no one knows who an AP is, if they faked their own death would anyone know they faked their own death?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    If a tree fell in a forest and there was no one there to hear it fall, did the tree make a sound when it fell?

If no one knows who an AP is, if they faked their own death would anyone know they faked their own death?
    Alan, KJ had good reason to fake his own death. Ask him to tell you about getting robbed at gunpoint by someone who figured out his movements in Las Vegas based on what he put up in the gambling forums.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

Alan, KJ had good reason to fake his own death. Ask him to tell you about getting robbed at gunpoint by someone who figured out his movements in Las Vegas based on what he put up in the gambling forums.
    After the alimony judgment from the first wife I should have faked my own death.

Alimony: Being ordered to buy oats for a horse you don't ride any more.
    What, Me Worry?

Yooooo..... !

You would only know if you made a substantial wager, with monies held in escrow through some vague entity, with a multitude of rules and requirements. Anonymity is of vital importance to them, unless of course there is a wager, then I guess it's suddenly a minor problem.

Originally Posted by james40 View Post

You would only know if you made a substantial wager, with monies held in escrow through some vague entity, with a multitude of rules and requirements. Anonymity is of vital importance to them, unless of course there is a wager, then I guess it's suddenly a minor problem.
    I never realized that... but you're right. Suddenly anonymity disappears. LOL

I never realized that... but you're right. Suddenly anonymity disappears. LOL
    Anonymity? Maybe the false belief that anyone has it, anymore. Lol.

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    Looking to have derogatory threads you started trying to make someone look bad removed, wondering why you participated in all the back and forth bickering you did, apologizing to anyone you offended, you even tried to justify outcomes with Mike S., Norm W., and apologized directly to Larry S.

Apparently, what you’ve printed is not how you really felt. If you can’t control your emotions and tilt on waste of time bullshit anonymous forums anytime you’re challenged, why should we take anything else you’ve said serious?

Hopefully, when everything is good again and you come back, should we expect a new born again Kewlj?
    Blackhole, I really don't feel up to fighting with you over this, but I take offense at this post. I think it was a cheap shot born from your dislike of me.

There are times when people reflect on things they have said and done. A period of uncertainty involving an illness or medical condition is often one such time. Recognizing shortcomings or behavior that you regret and acknowledging that regret, to the people involved is a chance to right behavior that you regret and an opportunity to grow as a human being.

I think even you know that my comments were sincere. Yet, you want to turn it around...spin it to something negative...like "oh there we can't believe anything he says". Quite frankly you decided long ago that you don't believe anything I say, so declaring this as you did, was really all about smearing my name.

And I find it extremely sad and in bad taste that you would make that post and those comments on the morning you knew I was heading into major surgery and would not be able to respond any time soon. I am well aware of how you feel about me, and you don't owe me anything, but I did expect a little more from you than this post and the timing of this post.

Hope your recovery is going well. And KEEP MOVING!!!! It helps with any congestion that would otherwise make you cough.

Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    Hope your recovery is going well. And KEEP MOVING!!!! It helps with any congestion that would otherwise make you cough.
    Day 1 of my recovery is not going well at all. I am incredibly weak. I think I am weaker today than a day a two ago. Just getting dressed, a short walk or even typing out a few posts on line, really wears me out. This morning I took a short walk down the driveway out front, and it really is short, the front yard area of my property is not very big (back yard bigger) and when I turned to come back up the driveway, I was too weak. I couldn't do it. I needed help. The driveway has the slightest of incline, but nothing even worth mentioning, yet it seemed like a mountain to me. Last night I slept in the living room in a recliner as I have yet to even think about conquering the steps to the bedrooms. I know I can't do that without help. About the only thing I am doing with regularity is blowing into that damn breathing device.

My brother is my cardiac rehab coach and has a plan from the hospital cardiac rehab unit that we want to follow, but I am way behind. I have developed a fever which is a concern and definitely something we need to watch and probably worse of all, I just can't get much rest. Just can't get comfortable without significant pain and discomfort. I almost feel like if I could just get a good night sleep, everything else would be much better and stronger, but I can't. It's only been a day, but I am very frustrated and feel like I am letting my brother and mother and partner/spouse down. They have completely put their lives on hold to care for me and I am not progressing at all and frankly have lost all hope of a speedy recovery. Hope that I had just yesterday.

Take care of yourself and be in touch with your doctors.

I hate to say this but while I was released from the hospital two days after my transplants, a week later I was back in the hospital because I caught an infection at home.

The reason for the quick release from the hospital was so that I wouldn't get an infection in the hospital -- and the reverse happened.

Thread Information