Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A few thoughts I must express

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by RS__ View Post
    It should be damn well obvious coach belly just likes to stir shit up and troll. If we all stop responding to him, he should eventually go away (I've already blocked Alan). If we work together this'll turn into a nice happy place without the retards.
    I am going to take this advice, RS. I have already rejected a medical recommendation today that I go to a cardiac rehab facility for a week, opting instead to remain at home and recover with my supportive family, so I feel like I should heed someone's good advice today and you are the lucky guy I am going to listen to. So are we blocking coach or just ignoring?
    I just block them. At least on this forum (since apparently no one has avatars?), I usually don't read who the post is by before reading it....so I'd end up starting to read a post then realize it's by one of "them", then I get suckered into reading it and wanting to reply. So instead, just block 'em and you won't be tempted (or as tempted) to read their post and/or respond. Unfortunately, you can still read their post if it's quoted by someone else and invariably end up reading the quoted section, but hey -- I never said it was perfect. Just don't feed the trolls.

EDIT: And before ya think I'm blocking people or suggesting others block them because they are anti-AP, that is not the case. These posters are simply trolls. There are people on WOV and BJTF that I disagree with, but I don't block them. There are also some who frequently post complete nonsense, whom I block, even though they are pro-AP. Although, it does seem the lack of logic makes the trolling and anti-AP go hand in hand, at least on this forum. When I say logic, I mean logic in general as well as game theory type logic (prisoner's dilemma, monty hall, etc.). Logic in general being when someone puts up a shit argument with no good and logical reasoning beyond the surface (IE: "martingale black on roulette because eventually it'll hit").
    Last edited by RS__; 10-22-2017 at 02:44 AM.

It should be damn well obvious coach belly just likes to stir shit up and troll. If we all stop responding to him, he should eventually go away (I've already blocked Alan). If we work together this'll turn into a nice happy place without the retards.
    I am going to take this advice, RS. I have already rejected a medical recommendation today that I go to a cardiac rehab facility for a week, opting instead to remain at home and recover with my supportive family, so I feel like I should heed someone's good advice today and you are the lucky guy I am going to listen to. So are we blocking coach or just ignoring?
    I just block them. At least on this forum (since apparently no one has avatars?), I usually don't read who the post is by before reading it....so I'd end up starting to read a post then realize it's by one of "them", then I get suckered into reading it and wanting to reply. So instead, just block 'em and you won't be tempted (or as tempted) to read their post and/or respond. Unfortunately, you can still read their post if it's quoted by someone else and invariably end up reading the quoted section, but hey -- I never said it was perfect. Just don't feed the trolls.

EDIT: And before ya think I'm blocking people or suggesting others block them because they are anti-AP, that is not the case. These posters are simply trolls. There are people on WOV and BJTF that I disagree with, but I don't block them. There are also some who frequently post complete nonsense, whom I block, even though they are pro-AP. Although, it does seem the lack of logic makes the trolling and anti-AP go hand in hand, at least on this forum. When I say logic, I mean logic in general as well as game theory type logic (prisoner's dilemma, monty hall, etc.). Logic in general being when someone puts up a shit argument with no good and logical reasoning beyond the surface (IE: "martingale black on roulette because eventually it'll hit").
    Is this like getting inside AP forum information. No one needs your clever advice on how to navigate forums. If they do the dumb level is much worse than I thought.

Most are man enough to call an asshole an asshole, and a bullshit phantom buck artist a bullshit phantom buck artist.

[QUOTE=blackhole;54130Is this like getting inside AP forum information. No one needs your clever advice on how to navigate forums. If they do the dumb level is much worse than I thought. Most are man enough to call an asshole an asshole, and a bullshit phantom buck artist a bullshit phantom buck artist.[/QUOTE]

Let's see what kind of man you are. How about we meet up personally so I can kick your punk ass.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Let's see what kind of man you are. How about we meet up personally so I can kick your punk ass.
    I'm lucky if I could walk around the block. I didn't stay in shape like you did running from the authorities most of your life. You know us high rollers eat all that rich but unhealthy food. That catches up to you eventually.

Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
    I'm lucky if I could walk around the block. I didn't stay in shape like you did running from the authorities most of your life. You know us high rollers eat all that rich but unhealthy food. That catches up to you eventually.
    I have steak and eggs for breakfast, steak sandwich for lunch, steak and lobster for dinner, while you fart on your wife all day, you bean eating bastard.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I have steak and eggs for breakfast, steak sandwich for lunch, steak and lobster for dinner, while you fart on your wife all day, you bean eating bastard.
    Sounds like to much red meat.

Sounds like to much red meat.
    Have some more top ramen, puke.

I'm lucky if I could walk around the block. I didn't stay in shape like you did running from the authorities most of your life.
    That was kinda funny

Mickey you are going to have to step up your game.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    I'm lucky if I could walk around the block. I didn't stay in shape like you did running from the authorities most of your life.
    That was kinda funny

Mickey you are going to have to step up your game.
    Pick up my game againts who, stinkholebitch? He's a fucking moron.

I thought I would give a little update to my heart surgery and recovery although I am well aware that some don't care. Guess what...don't read.

It has been six weeks today since my surgery, that scary and horrible day that I woke up with my arms strapped to my side like a convict, tubes in your nose, chest, both arms and penis, and a machine breathing for you. Six weeks (today) I am almost completely back to normal. Just a little bit short of my usual energy levels. Other than that I feel like my old self (for good or bad). I attended the Eagles football game yesterday and felt 'great'.

Technically, I am still healing and recovering as it really take 10-12 weeks for the sternum/breast bone which is broken apart during surgery to heal. So while I feel great, almost normal, you just have to be careful not to do anything too strenuous that would put too much stress on that still healing breast bone. So no tackle football for a few more weeks yet. BUT...I haven't played tackle football for a decade, so I don't think that will be a problem.

When I really stop and think about the procedure, I am just amazed beyond words. They cut open the body, breaking through the sternum/breast bone to repair/replace parts of the human heart....of all organs. And six weeks later, I am good to go...resuming my life which has been extended. Unbelievably, amazing!!! It makes you so grateful to be living in such times of medical advancements and possibilities.

I appreciate your updates. Did you actually wake up while still on a respirator? And what was your reaction to that?

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    I appreciate your updates. Did you actually wake up while still on a respirator? And what was your reaction to that?
    Yes, I was still on the respirator when I woke, up for a short while, maybe an hour, although it's kind of foggy, may have been longer. The first time I saw my family, I was still on the respirator and could not speak to them.

God gave us marvelous bodies AND minds. The mind part was so we could show love to those around us by whatever endeavor we have in life. Most of all, he was loving enough to give us free will to choose how to react to others- therefore making Him just and unblamable for the path we choose. A blessed Christmas to all!

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    Yes, I was still on the respirator when I woke, up for a short while, maybe an hour, although it's kind of foggy, may have been longer. The first time I saw my family, I was still on the respirator and could not speak to them.
    It is something I will never forget. When I woke up I became violent and was trying to rip out all of the tubes from my mouth as well as the catheter. There were several orderlies trying to restrain me until they could get my wife in there to calm me down. They did strap my arms down again after they apparently thought it had been safe to unstrap me. The good thing is once they calmed me down and unhooked everything they said if you have that much energy let's see you walk to a regular room. I did--but that was the high note for quite some time. They do send you home way too soon and it was a big struggle for a while thereafter.

Anyway-glad to hear you're doing better.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    God gave us marvelous bodies AND minds. The mind part was so we could show love to those around us by whatever endeavor we have in life. Most of all, he was loving enough to give us free will to choose how to react to others- therefore making Him just and unblamable for the path we choose. A blessed Christmas to all!
    Name:  GodDice.jpg
Views: 365
Size:  7.7 KB

"God does not play dice with the universe."
    Albert Einstein

Albert Einstein
    Name:  HawkingDice.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  10.2 KB

Name:  LoadedDice.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  9.2 KB

Originally Posted by OneHitWonder View Post
    Albert Einstein
    Name:  HawkingDice.jpg
Views: 360
Size:  10.2 KB

Name:  LoadedDice.jpg
Views: 325
Size:  9.2 KB
    Most would take Einstein over Hawking all day long. It seems OHW is not in that camp.

"You can prove the existence of God, the soul and an afterlife, using mathematics."

Christopher Langan

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post

Most would take Einstein over Hawking all day long. It seems OHW is not in that camp.
    Who said it's an either-or choice? Even if, for the time being, it all comes down to a reconciliation of Einstein's theory of relativity, and Bohr's quantum mechanics, which arises from the ashes of relativity, all of that is likely one of an infinite number of phases or types of physics in general that intersects at our own. In other words, the tip of the iceberg.

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    "You can prove the existence of God, the soul and an afterlife, using mathematics."

Christopher Langan
    Is it possible to be too smart? Look, physics and mathematics go hand in hand, but the feet and head move no further. For which manner of science could explain a God in/outside of space-time and matter? In other words, how might a theory of everything explain also God? Perhaps, we have to trade off on the math and physics a bit so that we pace ourselves.
    Last edited by OneHitWonder; 11-28-2017 at 12:01 PM.

Thread Information