I had no idea that there was so much elder abuse that it could justify its own specialty in the law called "Elder Law." I found it out when I interviewed a law firm specializing in elder law. YouTube.com has lots of videos about "Elder Law" with interviews with lawyers. You might say that showing up on YouTube.com validates you.

I personally have no experience with elder abuse or elder legal problems in my family. My father passed relatively young and was working and living with my mom. My mother passed years later living in a condo with a caregiver who did care and there was no abuse or hanky panky.

We were lucky. I'm finding out now that a lot of elder abuse goes on and a lot of it we never find out about because our parents and grandparents may not know that a caregiver is raiding their bank accounts, or maybe afraid to tell their children that they are not being cared for or even abused by caregivers.

Perhaps you have some information to share that will help others discover problems when parents and grandparents are cared for by outsiders or in nursing homes and things are not going as we think they are?

If you have some information that will help us, please share it here.