Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
I think I am seeing what's going on with Darryl. He's a little bit confused about how the Seven Stars comp works in the CET system, probably because he's a slot player and never actually had to use it. (That is, he probably always qualified for free rooms by play anyway.)

Darryl concedes that the Seven Stars room comp has been removed by policy, but "may not be enforced".

He's correct in one way -- not every policy is enforced. For example, for years the official rules have claimed that 96 hours are required between comp reservations, but only a 48-hour rule has ever been enforced.

However, in this case, it's not a case where selective enforcement can occur.

Seven Stars comp reservations can only be done through the 800 number or a host, using a special internal code which is generated for each individual year.

So if no "Seven Stars comp room" code is generated for 2018 (which is likely going to be the case), then this will automatically be "enforced" by the system.

Darryl tried an experiment today by making a random booking after February 1, and it showed him $0 for 4 nights.

However, he did this on the Total Rewards website. This means nothing because the Total Rewards website only offers comp rooms based upon play and offers -- NOT the Seven Stars comp benefit.

I just can't see CET knowingly making this major change, adjusting their website to reflect that change, and then knowingly generating a Seven Stars comp code for 2018 anyway.

I think the only chance we have to get these Seven Stars room comps is if there's such intense player anger that corporate decides to reverse this change before February 1. But I don't think it's likely.
Yeah, Darryl may not understand the difference between a calendar comp based on ADT vs a 7 stars forced comp because he has never had to use it.

Intense player anger won’t occur because the players they care about will get comped rooms anyway.