Originally Posted by redietz View Post
Originally Posted by OneHitWonder View Post
Originally Posted by redietz View Post

Sounds like an infestation of crickets. I remember an old Happy Days episode with the Fonz having a terrible time getting the words, "I was wrong" out of his mouth.
How are you with the X-files? And the words, I want to believe.

Thanks for asking, OneHit, Actually, I was debunking paranormal claims, maybe before you were born. I got to ask Chris Carter a question or two, and I was an investigator for the short-lived Society for the Scientific Documentation of Claims of the Paranormal. But you digress....

I don't "want to believe" anything. I'll be toting my tape measure to various blackjack tables next week and measuring the distances and eyeballing what can be seen. Then I'll check with an optometrist as to what kind of visual acuity is needed at those distances. Then I'll report here. At this point in the process, I'd say KJ's on pretty solid ground, but as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle used to say, "It's a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts."

To disbelieve, at this point, is to theorize that KJ and Munchkin are part of some broad conspiracy to make APs seems as if they have more abilities than they do. Possible, I suppose, although Munchkin making a public response and quoting the fact that it has been discussed on his show previously renders that theory, as of now, pretty far fetched.
I take it that you haven't read any of the blackjack forums over the years, and aren't familiar with too many of the blackjack writers and their works? And that digressing is still your M.O. in dealing with what you have no clue about?