Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The gutting of 7* and Diamond is just the tip of the iceberg at CET.

  1. #1
    They are also very aggressively no-mailing anyone who they think might have the slightest clue about how to get value out of Total Rewards. (Myself included.)

    I’ve made it a point to get 7* every year since 2010. I wasn’t necessarily optimal in how I went about getting it, although I did make sure I played the best (or close to the best) machines in whatever market I happened to be in.

    I had occasion to spend a good deal of the spring/summer in Bullhead City for work, and between Harrah’s Laughlin and Riverside I was basically able to stay there for free. I’ll be he first to tell you that I didn’t play much at Harrah’s at all while I was there. That said, my MDV in other CET markets was still quite good, and I was still getting decent offers from Vegas, NOLA, and Tahoe.

    That is until last week. The NOLA and Tahoe offers simply stopped coming, and the Vegas offers I had for January and February had been taken away. I’m going to call my LV host about it sometime this week and I’ll report back here after I do.

    RIP CET... it was a good run.

    EDIT: For a few years now, CET has been no-mailing for things like FP redemptions in multiple markets with no play, or situations where it’s obvious a player is using beards to redeem multiple big offers across the country in a short period of time. That I can understand.

    What’s happening now though is on a whole different level.

    Druff, feel free to copy this post to PFA if you think it might be useful there.
    Last edited by acescracked_1210; 01-01-2018 at 05:37 AM.

  2. #2
    Originally Posted by acescracked_1210 View Post
    They are also very aggressively no-mailing anyone who they think might have the slightest clue about how to get value out of Total Rewards. (Myself included.)

    Iíve made it a point to get 7* every year since 2010. I wasnít necessarily optimal in how I went about getting it, although I did make sure I played the best (or close to the best) machines in whatever market I happened to be in.

    I had occasion to spend a good deal of the spring/summer in Bullhead City for work, and between Harrahís Laughlin and Riverside I was basically able to stay there for free. Iíll be he first to tell you that I didnít play much at Harrahís at all while I was there. That said, my MDV in other CET markets was still quite good, and I was still getting decent offers from Vegas, NOLA, and Tahoe.

    That is until last week. The NOLA and Tahoe offers simply stopped coming, and the Vegas offers I had for January and February had been taken away. Iím going to call my LV host about it sometime this week and Iíll report back here after I do.

    RIP CET... it was a good run.

    EDIT: For a few years now, CET has been no-mailing for things like FP redemptions in multiple markets with no play, or situations where itís obvious a player is using beards to redeem multiple big offers across the country in a short period of time. That I can understand.

    Whatís happening now though is on a whole different level.

    Druff, feel free to copy this post to PFA if you think it might be useful there.
    I have noticed with CET if you pass a milestone (usually one year) without play in a particular market that once attractive offers for free play in that market suddenly disappear even if play has been maintained systemwide.

    Unlikely that is what happened to the OP, however, if FUTURE offers were suddenly removed before their redemption dates. You are right, they do not like people who figure out ways to extract value from TR.

  3. #3
    Yes, Dankyone is correct.

    Mailing tends to be market-specific, and are decided upon by each local market (which is why the type of stuff offered differs so vastly from market-to-market).

    Never seen before where they yank away offers already made, though. That's the most disturbing part of this whole story.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    Never seen before where they yank away offers already made, though. That's the most disturbing part of this whole story.
    I'd like to know more about this as well. Are the offers just disappearing from your TR dashboard? Or are they denying you when you try to redeem them?

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post

    Never seen before where they yank away offers already made, though. That's the most disturbing part of this whole story.
    I'd like to know more about this as well. Are the offers just disappearing from your TR dashboard? Or are they denying you when you try to redeem them?
    They simply disappeared from my dashboard sometime right before Christmas.

    Perhaps not coincidentally, my PIN was also locked around that same time. (I was able to reset it with no issues.)

    And now I’m pretty sure my LV host (where I had by far the highest MDV of any market) is actively avoiding returning my calls.

  6. #6
    That is disturbing. I usually print out my freeplay offers at the casino and throw away the mailer coupons, but I won't be doing THAT anymore.

  7. #7
    I think this is a reflection of the millennials not being into brick and mortar gambling like previous generations. They cant put 20 dollars in a slot machine, lose it and get a participation trophy or a pat on the back. So its just not theway they were raised.

    race tracks are further along this process where the last few generations lost interest in live racing. And the remaining generations are dying off. So race tracks have been cutting back on give-aways, and such.

    And casinos are doing the ame thing to help their bottom line. Yes they feel they may lose some folks, but if everyone does it...they will gain some disgruntled folks from other places.

    they will do the frog in water technique while reducing comps. You know, you put a frog in water and slowly increase the temp..it will stay there till he dies fromt he heat. But if you raise the water temp quickly....it jumps out.

    This is whats going on......they litle by little will be decreasing free-bees till their bottom line is where they want it to be.

    This happens in the workplace...where little by little you are given more work to do..to the point where you are doing 30 percent more work than you did a year before for the same pay...or for your 4 percent yearly raise. But if they throw all the extra work at you in one day..you freak out.

    In all cases, your realize its happening....butyou are powerless to do anything about it. except to quit the job or quit the casino

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by LarryS View Post
    I think this is a reflection of the millennials not being into brick and mortar gambling like previous generations. They cant put 20 dollars in a slot machine, lose it and get a participation trophy or a pat on the back. So its just not theway they were raised.

    race tracks are further along this process where the last few generations lost interest in live racing. And the remaining generations are dying off. So race tracks have been cutting back on give-aways, and such.

    And casinos are doing the ame thing to help their bottom line. Yes they feel they may lose some folks, but if everyone does it...they will gain some disgruntled folks from other places.

    they will do the frog in water technique while reducing comps. You know, you put a frog in water and slowly increase the temp..it will stay there till he dies fromt he heat. But if you raise the water temp quickly....it jumps out.

    This is whats going on......they litle by little will be decreasing free-bees till their bottom line is where they want it to be.

    This happens in the workplace...where little by little you are given more work to do..to the point where you are doing 30 percent more work than you did a year before for the same pay...or for your 4 percent yearly raise. But if they throw all the extra work at you in one day..you freak out.

    In all cases, your realize its happening....butyou are powerless to do anything about it. except to quit the job or quit the casino
    I agree with the general premise and tone of this post.

    Here’s the problem Caesars has though: with a couple notable exceptions, Caesars really doesn’t have much to offer except Total Rewards. It has been for years heads over tails the best casino loyalty program out there with regard to guaranteed benefits for its gamblers.

    Take Total Rewards away, and you have a company that offers (by and large) shit games in shit facilities.

    MGM offers shit games, but in facilities that are for the most part pleasing to the eye, with good restaurants, amenities, etc.

    The locals market in Vegas offers lots of run down facilities, but many of these facilities have some great games with competitive odds for the player.

    Caesars has been letting its facilities, particularly in Vegas, go to hell in a handbasket.

    The customer service issues are well-documented in this forum and many others.

    The games are for the most part shit. Poor VP payback, bad rules at tables... oftentimes in markets other than LV, the Caesars property in said market brings up the rear in terms of slot payback percentage.

    This might be the final nail in the coffin.

  9. #9
    Here is the thing about corporate folks....they dont sit in boardrooms and talk about how shitty their company is viewed by players. They talk about how they are the greatest, and provide great service, blah blah blah. No matter what the reality is, corporate boardrooms do not discuss the view of the company from looking through your glasses.
    Its just the way it is in most corporations.
    When a top boss is discussing reducing comps....no one is going to pipe up and say....but our facilities are shit, and our restaurants are crap compared to other places.

    So these decisions are done in a cocoon.

    No one is going to stand up in a board room and say we need to maintain the comps because we are total crap and the comps are all we have to offer.

    If business goes down, they might decide that they need to take more money away from comps and spend more on advertising to get new blood in. Who knows.

    Its just that you are probably right about everything you say....about the deterioration.....but the corporate officers will never admit it....because it would be an indictment of their performance.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 151
    Last Post: 05-29-2018, 03:46 PM
  2. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-22-2017, 06:53 PM
  3. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-18-2016, 06:23 PM
  4. Changes for Diamond and 7 Stars
    By jpfromla in forum Total Rewards and MLife
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-31-2016, 06:44 AM
  5. Going For Diamond
    By bigfoot66 in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-18-2012, 04:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •