Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Three Caesars Palace Fails

There is an additional "fail" I experienced at the CET run Flamingo during NYE weekend. To be on the same floor with family, I moved from the 27th floor (Executive level) to the 21st floor. The Diamond checkin staff said they would reroute my "Seven Stars Amenity basket" to the room. It did not happen that day. No big deal, I stopped by the next morning and they said it would be delivered that day. I had expected the typical underwhelming sliding amenity Seven Star box with chocolate covered nuts ect. Instead I got two brown bags of individual potato chip servings, a Styrofoam bowl of mixed nuts and 4 waters. Behold my Seven Stars "Amenity basket"! (how's that for class and presentation?):
    Attached Images Attached Images  

FAB, that's hilarious.

Looks like an amenity you'd receive at Motel 6!
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Alan, can you tell us more about their refusal to give you an Augustus room over NYE?

What day were you checking in?

I checked in on the 29th, so perhaps that helped me. But I not only got an Augustus room, I got a high floor with a great view. Surprised they refused you, but maybe if you showed up on the 30th, they were out of rooms already.
    Check out my poker forum, and weekly internet radio show at http://pokerfraudalert.com

Dan I know you want to make your point about the food court but as I originally posted above:

I had a $500 food credit over NYE weekend and the desk said to ask the food court restaurants if they were Caesars owned. The desk person said most but not all were and there was no list.

This is not a big issue and I don't know why you are making it a big issue. We ended up using our food credits going to the buffet twice (we actually loved it both times) and the rest of it was used on room service. I actually had $38 left over and unfortunately it was a use it or lose it promotion so I only used $462 of my $500 credit.

Alan, why didn't you go to Starbucks with the final $38 and buy a bunch of stuff to go?

Anyway, did you see the pic of the brochure I posted? It said the Food Court was NOT Caesars owned, just as the employee told me. Both were incorrect, obviously.

But I'm really more interested in your denial of an Augustus Tower room. Please explain how that happened (and what day and time you arrived).

I checked in at 12:45am on the 31st. Literally a last-minute check in. The 7 Stars check in was closed and I used the front desk. They told me it was the Octavius tower and it didn't matter to me. And it didn't matter to my girlfriend either.

We had a fun time. Saw Fergie. Went to the dinner party. Danced. NEVER made a single bet. Watched movies and ate room service except for the dinner party (she had the vegetarian entre) and the two times we went to the buffet. It was a great time.

We watched fireworks from outside the ballroom (most everyone left Fergie to watch the fireworks) then went back inside to catch the end of her act.

My only regret the entire time: I should have gone to Celine's show instead of the dinner party with Fergie (the Celine show was an option).

Totally enjoyable time. Housekeeping service was fine. Friendly staff. Flamingo valet parked my car right in front so I wouldn't have to wait if I needed to go out for any reason.

Fab when I stayed at Flamingo over the summer for a weekend staycation, our "room service breakfast" came in Styrofoam containers in paper bags -- oatmeal and bacon and eggs. Absolutely disgusting. I got into it big time with them. It's why I would NEVER go back to Flamingo.

Hahaha FAB!
    Maybe next time you can ask for an upgrade to Doritos. Lol.
    Last edited by Chimp; 01-05-2018 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Spelled Doritos wrong!

Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
    Hahaha FAB!
    Maybe next time you can ask for an upgrade to Doritos. Lol.
    Hi Chimp:

Great to hear from you again.

It kind of reminded me of someone running to a kids birthday party and forgetting to get a present. So only option is buying whatever (easily broken) toy was available at a drug store on the way!

Honestly I had better amenities at El Cortez where they filled my mini fridge with various sodas and left a banana, orange and apple in a bowl.

FAB

Lol FAB.
    Well, I rarely get anything. Guess I should start asking at check-in. I never think of it. I wonder if the type of chip and nut container is based on ADT? ��

Originally Posted by Chimp View Post
    Lol FAB.
    Well, I rarely get anything. Guess I should start asking at check-in. I never think of it. I wonder if the type of chip and nut container is based on ADT? ��
    Chimp, if we are ever in the same hotel I will save a bag of potato chips for you!

FAB

Originally Posted by Dan Druff View Post
    FAB, that's hilarious.

Looks like an amenity you'd receive at Motel 6!
    Now, Dan. Let's not insult Motel 6 by comparing it to that "amenity basket"!

FAB

Motel 6 may give an amenity, but apparently not amnesty.

see:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/...awyers-9683244

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ice-info-pr...ry?id=52137617

Wetbacks, beware.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Motel 6 may give an amenity, but apparently not amnesty.

see:

http://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news/...awyers-9683244

http://abcnews.go.com/US/ice-info-pr...ry?id=52137617

Wetbacks, beware.
    ^^^ What a f`n dick....so much for gambling at the beach

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Yeah, you better cancel your motel 6 reservation, amigo.

As for yours truly I've no ICE issues; I am heading out to the beach house tomorrow morning: thanks for caring. ((((((((((hug)))))))))))
    Damn, that`s typically where MrsV likes to meet...but she only likes to rent by the hour, don`t ask me why....as for the rest of your gibberish, sure...people that can do..people that can`t, go on internet message boards....this is Dan`s thread so I won`t continue here other than to say you might be the biggest putz and fanboy I`ve ever run across....and don`t kid yourself, you couldn`t ignore me if you tried *wink*

The only amenity you get at Motel 6 is cable television. There isn't even shampoo in the room. Oh, and free coffee in the lobby in the morning. In the corporate Motel 6's you have to pay $3 extra if you want internet. But you can always steal a role of asswipe. The corporate Motel 6's have pretty much all been remodeled in the past few years so they are a pretty good deal for the price. Motel 6 has sold a lot of franchises to mom & pop type hotels. They usually have free internet but still no shampoo. The franchises run the gamut from nice to not so nice.

If you are 60 or older then don't book Motel 6 though Trivago. You won't get the senior discount. Go though the Motel 6 app.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information