Page 502 of 507 FirstFirst ... 2402452492498499500501502503504505506 ... LastLast
Results 10,021 to 10,040 of 10128

Thread: The WoV Thread

  1. #10021
    Speaking of busty female aliens, I watched Under the Skin (2013) recently. It moves along slowly and I almost gave up on it half way through. It had only a 6.3 IMDB rating and I usually don't bother with anything under 7, but Scarlet Johansson is in it, so I was intrigued. She does parade around naked in it, doesn't look as good as I expected (nothing like Kristanna Loken in Terminator 3), although not bad.
    Last edited by MDawg; 03-29-2024 at 10:49 AM.
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.

    MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

  2. #10022
    Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    I watched Under the Skin (2013) recently. ... but Scarlet Johansson is in it, so I was intrigued. She does parade around naked in it, doesn't look as good as I expected
    Possibly the strangest movie I've ever seen. Watched it a second time more closely and I think I was able to comprehend it's meaning. I will disagree about Scarlet though... I think she looked awesome naked!

    Originally Posted by ilovebigknockers View Post
    Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I don't see Mission being a thief. How do we know that Mission isn't laying in a Coma in ICU and that's why he hasn't paid out the winning funds yet? The fact that he hasn't responded on here either speaks volumes that he might be in a hospital somewhere.
    You're right. There's no need for people to accuse the guy of being a flake when there are many perfectly good reasons why he disappeared after people started asking him to pony up. He could have been abducted by busty female aliens who have been using him to practice human sex. For all we know he could be holed up in a space ship getting sucked off 23 hours a day by a blue-skinned succubus with 4 legs and 5 big knockers. You think he has time to log in to WoV during his breaks??? The fact that he hasn't responded on any forums speaks volumes that he might be a sex slave to bosomy aliens. Have some compassion people!
    Careful Tasha, Druff just released your restrictions and talking to yourself with a sock is kind of annoying.

  3. #10023
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Garnabby View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Ran into someone that was claiming the WoV was stiffing people on a football contest of some sort by not paying prizes or something. What's going on?
    Mission absconded with the proceeds. The Wizard thinks that Mission will come through because Mission has done it before. There seems to be a few members who didn't pay the entry fee, perhaps a reason that Mission isn't paying out. One of the members has agreed to pay up for Mission. A couple of angry members want their prize money. Mission was suspended until he pays out, and, he isn't talking here, either. Things have gone quiet about it there. But, that's gambling, in a nutshell, in that you get paid until you don't. Ha. Could be the last harrumph for old Mission.
    Mission did not handle any "proceeds." The losers paid the winners directly. No middle man. Mission added money from his own pocket to the prize pool. That's the money in question.

    Mission is not guilty of holding someone else's money. He's guilty of not paying what he promised from his own pocket.
    Mickey, the word, proceeds, denotes money raised (for a charity, or other non-profit expense, such as hospital equipment.) It doesn't per se denote a betting pool, which is a matter of money won, versus money lost. Therefore, especially given the "charitable" (begging) nature of the WoV, it was a fair choice of words. With Mission stiffing a charity of sorts.

    Anyway, the only outstanding question is about Tasha being more attractive/intelligent than the Boz's wife. Ha.
    Last edited by Garnabby; 03-29-2024 at 11:48 AM.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

    Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

    Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

  4. #10024
    Originally Posted by jdog View Post
    Possibly the strangest movie I've ever seen. Watched it a second time more closely and I think I was able to comprehend its meaning. I will disagree about Scarlet though... I think she looked awesome naked!

    Originally Posted by ilovebigknockers View Post
    Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I don't see Mission being a thief. How do we know that Mission isn't laying in a Coma in ICU and that's why he hasn't paid out the winning funds yet? The fact that he hasn't responded on here either speaks volumes that he might be in a hospital somewhere.
    You're right. There's no need for people to accuse the guy of being a flake when there are many perfectly good reasons why he disappeared after people started asking him to pony up. He could have been abducted by busty female aliens who have been using him to practice human sex. For all we know he could be holed up in a space ship getting sucked off 23 hours a day by a blue-skinned succubus with 4 legs and 5 big knockers. You think he has time to log in to WoV during his breaks??? The fact that he hasn't responded on any forums speaks volumes that he might be a sex slave to bosomy aliens. Have some compassion people!
    Careful Tasha, Druff just released your restrictions and talking to yourself with a sock is kind of annoying.
    Speaking of meaning, you have to be careful with ILBK's posts. He embeds several coded messages, in each one. Ha. Perhaps, you noticed that, on a subconscious level.

    Originally Posted by ilovebigknockers View Post
    Abby, I'm going to blow your mind when I make my 137th post my last post on VCT.

    https://vegascasinotalk.com/forum/sh...l=1#post174932
    What he calls an "Easter egg hunt".

    By the way, Happy Easter, every one!


    ilovebigknockers ilovebigknockers is offline
    Gold
    ilovebigknockers's AvatarJoin Date
    Jan 2023
    Posts
    137
    Last edited by Garnabby; 03-29-2024 at 12:09 PM.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

    Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

    Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

  5. #10025
    Over at WOV, people are voting right and left "I believe MDawg" while MrV remains locked up (and the key thrown away), and over here UNKewlJ couldn't get elected...dogcatcher.
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.

    MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

  6. #10026
    Like they say, sometimes love starts by hate. Except in KJ's case. Ha.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

    Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

    Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

  7. #10027
    Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    Over at WOV, people are voting right and left "I believe MDawg" while MrV remains locked up (and the key thrown away),
    Your ego is writing checks that your life can't cash.

    As for me still being "locked up:" that is not unusual there, they often are quick to suspend but slow to release.

    Oh, as I am suspended I am unable to view the "suspension list" for some reason: does it still show a two week time out or has the Wiz changed it to a nuke?

    Not that he should, but he could ... and I've been less than considerate of late.

    Maybe I'll mellow out; I'm reading "Black Like Me" and it is instilling a tad of empathy.
    Last edited by MisterV; 03-29-2024 at 11:31 PM.
    What, Me Worry?

  8. #10028
    MrV, your suspension ends on the 29th. Ha.

    Oh. Karen brought up her story.

    I am writing a Fictional Axl Rose story and I created a character named Mark Riley, around April 2023, a Maniac with a long criminal record , that is 20 years old and does a loud, aggressive, obnoxious, banging on doors, and tries to break into locked Hotel Rooms by repeatedly running into the door. He even broke into a house and stole $50,000 and accidentally did Arson when he accidentally left a pizza in an oven. My Fictional Mark Riley has been tazed at least twice by the Police for trying to break into Hotel Rooms. It's eerily similar to what the real life guy was doing just a couple of months after I created Mark Riley(Without the arson and the axe) . That awkward moment when my Fictional Character kind of came to life!
    Oh, the Wizard, too, must, finally, finally be realizing that his sites are on their final death march. And, on some level, that is killing him, too. That he's lost all relevance in the world without redemption.
    Last edited by Garnabby; 03-30-2024 at 03:48 AM.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

    Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

    Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

  9. #10029
    Originally Posted by Garnabby View Post
    MrV, your suspension ends on the 29th. Ha.

    Oh. Karen brought up her story.

    I am writing a Fictional Axl Rose story and I created a character named Mark Riley, around April 2023, a Maniac with a long criminal record , that is 20 years old and does a loud, aggressive, obnoxious, banging on doors, and tries to break into locked Hotel Rooms by repeatedly running into the door. He even broke into a house and stole $50,000 and accidentally did Arson when he accidentally left a pizza in an oven. My Fictional Mark Riley has been tazed at least twice by the Police for trying to break into Hotel Rooms. It's eerily similar to what the real life guy was doing just a couple of months after I created Mark Riley(Without the arson and the axe) . That awkward moment when my Fictional Character kind of came to life!
    Oh, the Wizard, too, must, finally, finally be realizing that his sites are on their final death march. And, on some level, that is killing him, too. That he's lost all relevance in the world without redemption.
    I brought up my Fictional Axl Rose story because the real life man ended up doing something VERY similar to my Mark Riley character. And I brought it up in my Nathan's Corner.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

    Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.


    Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

    Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.



    I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

  10. #10030
    Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    I brought up my Fictional Axl Rose story because the real life man ended up doing something VERY similar to my Mark Riley character. And I brought it up in my Nathan's Corner.
    ---> The Concept of Anxiety: A Simple Psychologically Orienting Deliberation on the Dogmatic Issue of Hereditary Sin.

    https://anagram-solver.net/Ibroughtu...r?partial=true


    The Concept of Anxiety: A Simple Psychologically Orienting Deliberation on the Dogmatic Issue of Hereditary Sin (Danish: Begrebet Angest) is a philosophical work written by Danish philosopher SÝren Kierkegaard in 1844.

    The original 1944 English translation by Walter Lowrie (now out of print), was named The Concept of Dread. The Concept of Anxiety was dedicated "to the late professor Poul Martin MÝller". Kierkegaard used the pseudonym Vigilius Haufniensis (which, according to Josiah Thompson, is the Latin transcription for "the Watchman" of Copenhagen) for The Concept of Anxiety.

    All of Kierkegaard's books have either a preface, dedication, or prayer at the beginning. This book includes a lengthy introduction. The Concept of Anxiety was published on exactly the same date as Prefaces, June 17, 1844. Both books deal with Hegel's idea of mediation. Mediation is a common thread throughout Kierkegaard's works. His work up to this point was to show that faith was being mediated by knowledge. Here he takes up the questions of sin and guilt.

    For Kierkegaard, anxiety/dread/angst is "freedom's actuality as the possibility of possibility." Kierkegaard uses the example of a man standing on the edge of a tall building or cliff. When the man looks over the edge, he experiences an aversion to the possibility of falling, but at the same time, the man feels a terrifying impulse to throw himself intentionally off the edge. That experience is anxiety or dread because of our complete freedom to choose to either throw oneself off or to stay put. The mere fact that one has the possibility and freedom to do something, even the most terrifying of possibilities, triggers immense feelings of dread. Kierkegaard called this our "dizziness of freedom."

    Kierkegaard focuses on the first anxiety experienced by man: Adam's choice to eat from God's forbidden tree of knowledge or not. Since the concepts of good and evil did not come into existence before Adam ate the fruit, Adam had no concept of good and evil, and did not know that eating from the tree was "evil". What he did know was that God told him not to eat from the tree. The anxiety comes from the fact that God's prohibition itself implies that Adam is free and that he could choose to obey God or not. After Adam ate from the tree, sin was born. So, according to Kierkegaard, anxiety precedes sin. Kierkegaard mentions that anxiety is the presupposition for hereditary sin (which Augustine was the first to call peccatum originale, "original sin").

    However, Kierkegaard mentions that anxiety is a way for humanity to be saved as well. Anxiety informs us of our choices, our self-awareness and personal responsibility, and brings us from a state of un-self-conscious immediacy to self-conscious reflection. (Jean-Paul Sartre calls these terms pre-reflective consciousness and reflective consciousness.) An individual becomes truly aware of their potential through the experience of anxiety. So, anxiety may be a possibility for sin, but anxiety can also be a recognition or realization of one's true identity and freedom. Alternatively, sin exists in the very resolution of anxiety through right and wrong; to embrace anxiety is to not pass judgment.

    Name:  SÝren_Kierkegaard_(1813-1855)_-_(cropped).jpg
Views: 122
Size:  18.4 KB
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

    Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

    Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

  11. #10031
    The universe is merely a fleeting idea in God's mind—a pretty disquieting thought, especially if you've just made a down payment on a house.
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.

    MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

  12. #10032
    Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    The universe is merely a fleeting idea in God's mind—a pretty disquieting thought, especially if you've just made a down payment on a house.
    The odds of god existing are congruent with the odds that you are buying a seven figure LV home.
    What, Me Worry?

  13. #10033
    You keep talking about seven figures as if that's a lot of money for a house these days.
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.

    MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

  14. #10034
    I only mentioned it because I read that you said you were buying / closing on one; my comment does imply ignorance on my part as to the current value of a dollar.
    What, Me Worry?

  15. #10035
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I only mentioned it because I read that you said you were buying / closing on one; my comment does imply ignorance on my part as to the current value of a dollar.
    Should be "...does NOT imply..."

    Huh...and I haven't gotten high for four days, so it ain't the demon weed tugging at my synapses.
    What, Me Worry?

  16. #10036
    All junkies claim they've been clean "for about four days."
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.

    MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

  17. #10037
    Originally Posted by Garnabby View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Ran into someone that was claiming the WoV was stiffing people on a football contest of some sort by not paying prizes or something. What's going on?
    Mission absconded with the proceeds. The Wizard thinks that Mission will come through because Mission has done it before. There seems to be a few members who didn't pay the entry fee, perhaps a reason that Mission isn't paying out. One of the members has agreed to pay up for Mission. A couple of angry members want their prize money. Mission was suspended until he pays out, and, he isn't talking here, either. Things have gone quiet about it there. But, that's gambling, in a nutshell, in that you get paid until you don't. Ha. Could be the last harrumph for old Mission.
    Thanks for the clarification. The way I heard it, sounded like it was some WoV sponsored contest that was not being paid.

    I would have thought Mission would have had a few bucks by now. Guess not. Not sure why someone with kids would freeroll something when they don't have anything to begin with. Clown world marches on. Oh well.
    FraudJ's word is worth less than the prop cash in Singer's safe...RIP

  18. #10038
    Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    Each year the sum the winners receive exceeds the sums paid in by participants, this year by around $1000. So, Mission146 runs this contest just because he enjoys it, and then foots the bill. He has said many times that he doesn't care about money, and his running this contest would support that mantra of his.
    It's not correct to infer that Mission146 has anyone's money - rather that he, as the sponsor of the contest, owes the winners out of his own kick. His nose is open for about a thousand for this year's contest, by his own choice.

    I don't know if he intends to cover for the few who didn't pay their entrance fees, but still, it's not like he ever received anything to hold or hand out to anyone. All entrance fees were/are owed directly to the winners.

    If I got it wrong, please anyone who actually participates in this contest - correct me.

    The real question is WHY he does this every year - run a contest where he ends up having to cover the shortfall. However, he has explained that he doesn't care about money, and obviously gets some enjoyment out of it.
    Last edited by MDawg; 03-30-2024 at 03:41 PM.
    I tell you itís wonderful to be here, man. I donít give a damn who wins or loses. Itís just wonderful to be here with you people.

    MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

  19. #10039
    I have to say that seems like the most worthless way to donate $1000 ever conceived.

  20. #10040
    Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    All junkies claim they've been clean "for about four days."
    You'd know, eh?
    What, Me Worry?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 370 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 370 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Genealogy Thread
    By mickeycrimm in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 04-27-2018, 06:29 AM
  2. Closed Thread
    By coach belly in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 08:29 PM
  3. Sportsbetting ONLY thread
    By LoneStarHorse in forum Sports & Sportsbetting
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-05-2016, 04:48 PM
  4. A thread for losses.
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 02:01 AM
  5. The Kicker Thread
    By Rob.Singer in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 02:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •