Page 1 of 161 123451151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 3217

Thread: The WoV Thread

  1. #1
    I thought I would start this thread so we can all comment on what's being said in the threads at WoV. We lurk their site and they lurk this site. So my first comment is about the Oregon Eclipse Gambling thread. The OP went to the Oregon Coast for the eclipse. He commented about playing the Oregon Video Lottery games in the Sand Dune Pub in Manzanita, Oregon.

    In Oregon, a bar, restaurant or stand alone business can have up to 6 VLT's. These are Class III machines owned by the state. The house gets a 20 to 25% cut of the money depending on how much of a total wager they get on a monthly basis. They are multi-game machines with mostly video line games and a couple of video poker games. There are 1200 locations in the state that have the VLT's.

    The Deuces Wild game the OP commented on is a 91% game. All the games, video line games and video poker, are in the 90 to 94% payback range. However, there are a couple of AP'able games. There used to be three but one was taken off to make room for another game recently. I was in Oregon for quite awhile last spring. There were many times I went into a restaurant, had a good meal, tagged the AP'able games, and left the place with more money than I had on me when I went there.

    The OP commented on the rivalry between Oregon and Washington. In Corvallis, home of Oregon State University, they call the Washington Huskies the Fuskies. It stands for fuck the huskies.

    And someone commented on pumping your own gas. In Oregon that is against the law. I actually like it. I check my email and/or go get a cup of coffee while the attendent is filling me up. Two or three birds with one stone.
    Megan Kelly "Why haven't you published any dirt on Trump?" Julian Assange "There isn't any."

  2. #2
    20,000th Post

    It is clear that EvenBob is on a "Witch Hunt" to disprove "God". I seen him post on Diversity Tomorrow that "Witches" (from 20 years ago) are the nicest, coolest people. God not nice or cool if he existed which EvenBob says he does not.

  3. #3
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    20,000th Post

    It is clear that EvenBob is on a "Witch Hunt" to disprove "God". I seen him post on Diversity Tomorrow that "Witches" (from 20 years ago) are the nicest, coolest people. God not nice or cool if he existed which EvenBob says he does not.
    I come from a long line of Christians. I honor my ancestors. I don't go against Jesus because of a bunch of atheists. Freedom of thought was born in Christianity. If you look at the first 100 universities established in America probably all of them were started by Christians.
    Megan Kelly "Why haven't you published any dirt on Trump?" Julian Assange "There isn't any."

  4. #4
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    20,000th Post

    It is clear that EvenBob is on a "Witch Hunt" to disprove "God". I seen him post on Diversity Tomorrow that "Witches" (from 20 years ago) are the nicest, coolest people. God not nice or cool if he existed which EvenBob says he does not.
    I'm not going to get into the religion debate, but EvenBob/Spike is a complete crackpot!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    1,880
    It seems to me that the new owners could give a hoot about the WoV forum and have adopted a "hands off" attitude.

    Early on you'd see them get involved, but rarely have I seen Zuga post over the past year in other than administrative matters.

    WoV is still "Mike's baby;" it came along with WoO, which is what the new owners really wanted; I wonder whether they've been able to monetize their investment?

    Also I wonder whether the wiz has a "real" job any more, other than playing homeroom monitor to a roomful of feisty gamblers?

    He's a bit young to retire, even if he got a pretty nice figure for selling WoO / WoV, and I'd think he'd get bored pretty quickly without some form of challenge.
    What, Me Worry?

  6. #6
    maybe he is spending time with his first love, which based on his trip reports might be overseas whores.

  7. #7
    I wonder if he sold for cash up front or if his mega pay was to be made over time? If it wasn't cash up front he could be sweating it out if the buyers cancel.

    A lot of Internet deals for big money have pay schedules based on performance.
    Not a member, effective January 28, 2019

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,458
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    It seems to me that the new owners could give a hoot about the WoV forum.....

    ...WoV is still "Mike's baby
    I would argue that it is Mike who could give a hoot about WoV. Sure he posts when he is around and contributes some articles and game reviews (which he is likely contracted to do), but the site has gone very far away from what it was supposed to be based on his own 'mission statement' for the site. It is NOT about helping players become better gamblers any longer. It is some sort of weird high school-like community complete with 'cliques' and bullying.


    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    it came along with WoO, which is what the new owners really wanted; I wonder whether they've been able to monetize their investment?
    Of course WoO is what they really wanted, but they could have made the deal without WoV being part of it. They didn't take Mike's other site Diversity Tomorrow did they? That tells me they wanted WoV as a supplemental site that would draw some people to the parent site LCB as well as draw more people to WoO, which subsequently would draw people to LCB. There can be no doubt the WoV part is not delivering the numbers they envisioned despite any claims that they make. The members that sign on to WoV now averages about 160 on weekday, 175-180 on weekends, down from 300+ before the sale.

    That can't be good, nor what was projected. And it is a direct indication of the direction the site has taken. Some people will contradict those numbers by showing total visits to the site, which increased after the sale, but now have leveled off. Total visits are not what LCB wanted. That just means that same smaller number of members are logging on more times a day, probably because some flame type thread. "Same smaller number of members" does LCB no good. They want new and increased number of members.

    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    He's a bit young to retire, even if he got a pretty nice figure for selling WoO / WoV, and I'd think he'd get bored pretty quickly without some form of challenge.
    Hey he's got the unicycle and rubic cube challenge! I say that in jest, but as I said in another said recently, while neither (and especially combined) is my cup of tea, I enjoy the enthusiasm he showed. When he jumped of the unicycle and ran towards the camera all full of energy, like a teen age kid....that was the kind of enthusiasm he used to have for WoV. He wanted it to be a place where gamblers and players became better gamblers and players...just as the mission statement said. Now he is just going through the motions, and the site has deteriorated into that high school juvenile community because of it.

  9. #9
    The company that bought WOO is highly successful.
    Megan Kelly "Why haven't you published any dirt on Trump?" Julian Assange "There isn't any."

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,458
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The company that bought WOO is highly successful.
    No doubt. But that doesn't mean they received what they thought from the WoO/WoV deal. I'll bet if you could get Zuga or Chan to be honest, they would tell you they (severely) overpaid on this deal, for what their return was.

  11. #11
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    20,000th Post

    It is clear that EvenBob is on a "Witch Hunt" to disprove "God". I seen him post on Diversity Tomorrow that "Witches" (from 20 years ago) are the nicest, coolest people. God not nice or cool if he existed which EvenBob says he does not.
    to avoid hijacking....here is a newly created thread on this topic
    https://vegascasinotalk.com/forum/sh...7721#post57721

  12. #12
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The company that bought WOO is highly successful.
    No doubt. But that doesn't mean they received what they thought from the WoO/WoV deal. I'll bet if you could get Zuga or Chan to be honest, they would tell you they (severely) overpaid on this deal, for what their return was.
    Are you suggesting Zuga and Chan are not being or have not been honest?

    If you had someone severely overpay you for your site and then keep you on to run it however you saw fit, and pay you even more for staying on, while having the freedom to do other things, you would be claiming you were a fucking genius. You can claim that would not be the case, however, I wouldnt belive you or anyone.
    Last edited by AxelWolf; 01-04-2018 at 12:35 PM.

  13. #13
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    The company that bought WOO is highly successful.
    No doubt. But that doesn't mean they received what they thought from the WoO/WoV deal. I'll bet if you could get Zuga or Chan to be honest, they would tell you they (severely) overpaid on this deal, for what their return was.
    Are you suggesting Zuga and Chan are not being or have not been honest?
    Was this a serious question Axel or are you just trolling?
    Not a member, effective January 28, 2019

  14. #14
    they have alot of banners on the sites, when before they arrive it was only Bovada, and that companys contract was about to go away according to the wiz when he was asking for money from members.

    Alot of banners that have the "seal" from the wiz....whatever that means,,since I dont think he has access to the computer systems of these companies to see if things are legit(not that he has expertise on computers). Its just an 'arms length" seal of approval by a dude that calls himself "wizard".

    but it looks good......and maybe enough people are impressed to buy into the gambling sites advertised. I cant say one way or the other if they are mildly profitable, or wildly profitable, or lost money on the deal. Who knows

  15. #15
    Flaming lefty Babs is giving libtard ams288 carta blanche to troll the Trump thread. People are complaining but she isn't listening. She should recuse herself or be removed from moderating that thread.
    Megan Kelly "Why haven't you published any dirt on Trump?" Julian Assange "There isn't any."

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Las Vegas
    Posts
    2,458
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Are you suggesting Zuga and Chan are not being or have not been honest?

    If you had someone severely overpay you for your site and then keep you on to run it however you saw fit, and pay you even more for staying on, while having the freedom to do other things, you would be claiming you were a fucking genius. You can claim that would not be the case, however, I wouldnt belive you or anyone.
    WoW! WHAT a surprise! .....NOT!

    I hope you are some sort of secret mod or somehow on the payroll. Otherwise you constant brown-nosing just grows old and disturbing.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Stumptown
    Posts
    1,880
    Hmmm ... could it be Angela posting as AW?

    The wiz and her seem pretty tight, I'm sure she'd always have his back, just like AW does.
    What, Me Worry?

  18. #18
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Are you suggesting Zuga and Chan are not being or have not been honest?

    If you had someone severely overpay you for your site and then keep you on to run it however you saw fit, and pay you even more for staying on, while having the freedom to do other things, you would be claiming you were a fucking genius. You can claim that would not be the case, however, I wouldnt belive you or anyone.
    WoW! WHAT a surprise! .....NOT!

    I hope you are some sort of secret mod or somehow on the payroll. Otherwise you constant brown-nosing just grows old and disturbing.
    are u suggesting that axel is putting you know what(his nose), you know where...

  19. #19
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Are you suggesting Zuga and Chan are not being or have not been honest?

    If you had someone severely overpay you for your site and then keep you on to run it however you saw fit, and pay you even more for staying on, while having the freedom to do other things, you would be claiming you were a fucking genius. You can claim that would not be the case, however, I wouldnt belive you or anyone.
    WoW! WHAT a surprise! .....NOT!

    I hope you are some sort of secret mod or somehow on the payroll. Otherwise you constant brown-nosing just grows old and disturbing.
    Looks like you want to start up all this shit again.

    Good Job guys, you have let Larry bring out the worst in you and cause more discord.

    Just like your constant attacks and whatever your point is (just because you fucked up and got yourself banned) is annoying and even more disturbing. All your BS surrounding this was being forgotten. Everything seemed cool. So, why the hell are you trying to rehash all of this again? YOU WILL NEVER WIN, IT'S ALREADY COSTS YOU. Shall we just copy and paste everything from GF over to here and see just how crazy you made yourself look?

    The Wizard has really gotten into your head, meanwhile, the guy has not said a bad thing about you.

    P.S. I have a feeling you know way more about having your nose up someone's ass than I do.

  20. #20
    Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    Hmmm ... could it be Angela posting as AW?

    The wiz and her seem pretty tight, I'm sure she'd always have his back, just like AW does.
    I guarantee you there is zero brown-nosing. I will defend my RL friends when I think they are being attacked( Fairly or unfairly). It just happens that Mike is a target. Especially when its KJ and a few others who are doing the attacking for spiteful reasons. I have also defended KJ and many others.

    There have been times and others who have said things about WOV and Mike. I didn't care because I didn't think they were just saying shit to be spiteful.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. The Genealogy Thread
    By mickeycrimm in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 04-27-2018, 05:29 AM
  2. Closed Thread
    By coach belly in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-30-2017, 07:29 PM
  3. Sportsbetting ONLY thread
    By LoneStarHorse in forum Sports & Sportsbetting
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-05-2016, 03:48 PM
  4. A thread for losses.
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-26-2014, 01:01 AM
  5. The Kicker Thread
    By Rob.Singer in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-12-2014, 01:24 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •