Page 351 of 501 FirstFirst ... 251301341347348349350351352353354355361401451 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 10016

Thread: The WoV Thread

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post
    Anyway, don't mind me. I'm an insufferable prick, and worse than that, I'm projecting. I'm more than a little annoyed with myself that I care enough about this to even have an opinion, much less discuss it.
    Nobody expects you to go against the Wizard.
    That Fucker is a small part of your meal ticket.
    Never bite the hand that feeds you.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I disagree somewhat with Mission's "waste of time" argument. When I contacted USA Today their first year of publication and spelled out that their two full pages of sports service ads were all hokum, that was a service to them and their readers. They ignored me (for months), but then, when reality came calling, they had to change their policies. Did I waste my time? Yeah, I did, but maybe the fact they had my letters and calls warning them helped them pull the plug a day or a week earlier than they otherwise would have.

Regardless, people with expertise owe it to civilians to call out hokum. To paraphrase Spider-Man, "With great expertise comes great responsibility."

Is it a waste of time? Usually. Should it be done regardless? If someone with expertise doesn't do it, then who will?

And that's why I have issues with Shackleford and WoV. The flagship poster is promulgating hokum just like those two full pages of sports service ads with the 93-8 ATS records. If you have gambling expertise, it's your responsibility to call out the flim-flam.
    Fuck USA Today, fuck the readers and fuck everything else in that paragraph. Who cares? Every word of it is a waste of time. I still have non-zero involvement for one reason and one reason only: Money. If I already had money, then I'd be long gone by now and I wouldn't even know that this conversation was occurring, much less be participating in it. Even advantage players are wasting their time. None of this has any value beyond money in any meaningful sense---and that's if you're doing it well.

Why should I even care about other people? I do, don't get me wrong, but I don't understand why I should. If they're not smart enough to do the math to determine that systems don't work, or even easier, believe the math that others have provided on the subject---then why should I care what happens to them? I really shouldn't see any of it as my problem. They're making a choice and I had nothing to do with them making it.

Maybe you have expertise. I don't. I don't have any more, "Expertise," than 300-400 level math courses and managing, as if by accident, to actually retain some of the concepts I learned. I wouldn't call that expertise, I'd call it being slightly less of a retard than some number of other people. Of course, I'm more of a retard than most other people in other ways and regarding other subjects.

Anyway, none of it matters. He has a few million reasons not to care. Assuming he got the cha-ching all at once and fulfilled any other associated terms (if any) what comes as a surprise to me is that he has anything to do with any of this. Like I said, a few million bucks and none of you would ever see my fat ass again.

Originally Posted by monet View Post

Nobody expects you to go against the Wizard.
    That Fucker is a small part of your meal ticket.
    Never bite the hand that feeds you.
    For the record, I don't answer to Wizard. In fact, the only thing that I think he could do is request that something that I write that is intended for WoO be put somewhere else instead. That said, I have a good idea what belongs there and what doesn't, so I'm not likely to submit something that shouldn't be there in the first place.

For the record, I don't answer to Wizard. In fact, the only thing that I think he could do is request that something that I write that is intended for WoO be put somewhere else instead. That said, I have a good idea what belongs there and what doesn't, so I'm not likely to submit something that shouldn't be there in the first place.
    I accept that but the Wizard is in charge over there and nobody who works for his boss would want to make an enemy of the Wizard.
    That's basic 101.

I accept that but the Wizard is in charge over there and nobody who works for his boss would want to make an enemy of the Wizard.
    That's basic 101.
    I don't want to make an enemy of the Wizard because I don't have a problem with the Wizard. If I did or said something that got me fired from the writing stuff, I would barely care. Again, "Thanks for the work, thanks for treating me nicely, thanks for not caring about deadlines and I was looking for a job when I found this one."

Terapined losing his mind lol.
    Been there myself.
    Happens.

Fuck that RogerKint though.
    Biggest Kiss Ass Suck Up I ever seen.

I disagree somewhat with Mission's "waste of time" argument. When I contacted USA Today their first year of publication and spelled out that their two full pages of sports service ads were all hokum, that was a service to them and their readers. They ignored me (for months), but then, when reality came calling, they had to change their policies. Did I waste my time? Yeah, I did, but maybe the fact they had my letters and calls warning them helped them pull the plug a day or a week earlier than they otherwise would have.

Regardless, people with expertise owe it to civilians to call out hokum. To paraphrase Spider-Man, "With great expertise comes great responsibility."

Is it a waste of time? Usually. Should it be done regardless? If someone with expertise doesn't do it, then who will?

And that's why I have issues with Shackleford and WoV. The flagship poster is promulgating hokum just like those two full pages of sports service ads with the 93-8 ATS records. If you have gambling expertise, it's your responsibility to call out the flim-flam.
    Fuck USA Today, fuck the readers and fuck everything else in that paragraph. Who cares? Every word of it is a waste of time. I still have non-zero involvement for one reason and one reason only: Money. If I already had money, then I'd be long gone by now and I wouldn't even know that this conversation was occurring, much less be participating in it. Even advantage players are wasting their time. None of this has any value beyond money in any meaningful sense---and that's if you're doing it well.

Why should I even care about other people? I do, don't get me wrong, but I don't understand why I should. If they're not smart enough to do the math to determine that systems don't work, or even easier, believe the math that others have provided on the subject---then why should I care what happens to them? I really shouldn't see any of it as my problem. They're making a choice and I had nothing to do with them making it.

Maybe you have expertise. I don't. I don't have any more, "Expertise," than 300-400 level math courses and managing, as if by accident, to actually retain some of the concepts I learned. I wouldn't call that expertise, I'd call it being slightly less of a retard than some number of other people. Of course, I'm more of a retard than most other people in other ways and regarding other subjects.

Anyway, none of it matters. He has a few million reasons not to care. Assuming he got the cha-ching all at once and fulfilled any other associated terms (if any) what comes as a surprise to me is that he has anything to do with any of this. Like I said, a few million bucks and none of you would ever see my fat ass again.

Well, Mission, not much to say then. Spoken like a true capitalist. And, as Boz will tell you, I'm no capitalist. Bit Boz might find this interesting. Not sure he knows this detail or not.

I mentioned this privately to a couple of people in the last decade, so I'll mention it here. Monday Night football makes more money for sports handicappers than any other day. Back when I was involved in 900 lines and profit sharing with Playbook, I never put out a Monday Night play unless I was actually playing it. Well, some seasons I didn't have a Monday Night play until the eighth week or later. That meant anyone profit-sharing with me, which is what most of the 900 lines or online pay-after-you-win setups are, got nada until I put out a Monday Night play AND won the game.

So of course, when Playbook blended with Feist, the profit-sharing setup ended partly because I refused to put out games I didn't bet myself. If people received no income from it, so be it. If I received no income from it, so be it. You compromise or you don't. I did not and do not.

When I'm tempted to kowtow to make a few bucks, I just ask myself, "If I had a week to live, would I really do this for a few bucks?" That always end the debate.

Well, Mission, not much to say then. Spoken like a true capitalist. And, as Boz will tell you, I'm no capitalist. Bit Boz might find this interesting. Not sure he knows this detail or not.

I mentioned this privately to a couple of people in the last decade, so I'll mention it here. Monday Night football makes more money for sports handicappers than any other day. Back when I was involved in 900 lines and profit sharing with Playbook, I never put out a Monday Night play unless I was actually playing it. Well, some seasons I didn't have a Monday Night play until the eighth week or later. That meant anyone profit-sharing with me, which is what most of the 900 lines or online pay-after-you-win setups are, got nada until I put out a Monday Night play AND won the game.

So of course, when Playbook blended with Feist, the profit-sharing setup ended partly because I refused to put out games I didn't bet myself. If people received no income from it, so be it. If I received no income from it, so be it. You compromise or you don't. I did not and do not.

When I'm tempted to kowtow to make a few bucks, I just ask myself, "If I had a week to live, would I really do this for a few bucks?" That always end the debate.
    Capitalism is not material to my position. My position is simply that nothing about gambling has any intrinsic value, beyond money, that actually makes our lives better or improves who we are as people. In fact, the only thing that gambling can do, regardless of whether you're on the negative expectation or AP side, is probably make you worse off as a person.

The only people who REALLY win at gambling are the casual folks who do it once or twice a year, lose a couple hundred, think nothing of it and then spend the remaining 363 days and some hours of the year not thinking about gambling in any way whatsoever.

Gambling is also a capitalistic pursuit in and of itself. At least, I think so. You get money down, right? Without the money, there's not really much of a point in your sports betting other than writing down what you would have done and seeing what your results would have been had you actually done it.

Terapined losing his mind lol.
    Been there myself.
    Happens.

Fuck that RogerKint though.
    Biggest Kiss Ass Suck Up I ever seen.
    RogerKint the "Thank You" hypocrite. Guy is a complete knob.

Where REDietz shows weakness and muddle, is in his continued inability to accept or comprehend that MDawg's posts at WOV are not meant to be parodic or satiric. They are in fact genuine. And so, he wastes his time writing parody of what is not parody.

And then we have MrV, who is like a watered down version of REDietz, also missing the mark and wasting his time.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

To RED’s earlier post, so many thoughts and stories came to mind about the Monday Night stuff with scamdicappers in the old days when they were in their heyday. Still plenty out there on the net but in the days before that they tried to appear legitimate by discussing football on networks like USA, TNN, FNN and more with paid 30 minute ads. And of course the newspaper ads like RED talks about.

And Monday was a huge night for everyone including the books. By books I mean the local guys who you played with on credit. It was often a pain in the ass for them because of how the degenerate sports bettors wagered. When they were down they tried to win it back on Monday with a larger than average wager to avoid having to pay up later in the week. And the saps that had a good or great week were so afraid to give it back, they skipped the game or bet less than normal. So the book was dealing with no getting a chance to get his shot at the winners money and had to deal with guys who were going to get buried more than they could pay and knew he would deal with excuses later why they don’t have the cash. But they would always come up with at least some of it or risk being cut off, and they needed the action. And in those days, in many towns there wasn’t another option or they knew each other and even worked together at times to lay off heavy action on one side or the other.

As for the 900 number game I have a funny story about a degenerate I knew who thought these clowns actually knew anything or had a edge. But he didn’t want to spend $50 on “Lock” or another bogus claim. Anyways he would go into a video store like Blockbuster (remember them) and ask for some movie that was still in the theaters or just out that he knew they didn’t have. Then would say it was for his mother or some excuse and asked to use the phone. Obviously you know the rest and he would be talking to himself waiting for the play. I would imagine the chargebacks in that business were insane as people denied making the call, especially with the losing plays. RED might know more about that than me.

Different time and place, but the idea of scammers claiming the impossible is still front and center. Sometimes the angle is easy to see and other times it’s not as easy. And there will always being people wanting to believe the scam is true, when their mind, education, experiences and simple common sense tells them otherwise.

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    Well, since I am no longer desperate for WOV Reinstatement, I can tell how I REALLY feel about Wizard basically having an affair with a Female Robot thing online... Replika Thread, which seems like the movie Her where the Protagonist dates the Robot thing. I find it creepy and disturbing, especially since Wizard is MARRIED. I'd be REALLY upset if my Husband was basically having an affair with a Robot thing online.... I'd probably be wondering ,"How long before he starts having Affairs with real Human Women online and offline?" Funny, in 2019, shortly after my ban, I would have kept mum about my true feelings about this in hopes of being reinstated but since it's clear I will not be getting reinstated on WOV, I can speak my true uneasy feelings about Wizard basically having an affair with a Female Robot thing online....

What did I tell you? Wizard actually bought the Female Robot Thing at least one "Sexy outfit...." I called this from the getgo as soon as I saw it....
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

I will get into more in a public article criticizing WoV. Hell, I checked ad rates in USA Today. I think a national ad is too expensive, but I'd be willing to toss $500 or 1K away on a regional ad.
    There's no such thing as bad publicity!

Last edited by MDawg; 04-24-2021 at 10:17 AM.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post

There's no such thing as bad publicity!
    Seriously, your need for attention proves you must have the smallest pee pee on the face of the earth and that includes my ferret.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Fucking KJ, quoting this asshat. So I’ll reply to his quote and say....

I truly hope he finds out.

I’m kind of with RED (believe it or not) he is running a scam to find clients for his stock picks. Hell Soopoo might have already dumped some money to him. DarkOz did for no fucking apparent reason, though again, there may be more going on behind the scenes that we know. Hustle the hustler is a game as old as time.

And it seems like he has made a powerful enemy recently who if he is who I think he may be, it could get ugly for the little dick fucker.

Bernie Madoff, Barry Minkow and many others appears to live a lavish lifestyle as well. Doesn’t make them any less of a criminal. The nice thing is since we don’t know who this character is, we can slander the guy all we want. Only one person sold themselves out for an undisclosed amount to sign a non disclosure agreement with the guy. Which seems more shady by the day. Who requires someone to sign such an agreement when they claim “There is no such thing as bad publicly”?

Just something to think about.

Red seems to know an awful lot about scammers, and letting people know about his contest results/bets after the fact, for someone who “isn’t a scamdicapper.” Not saying, just saying.

Why would an anonymous poster such as DoucheDawg bother to post "There's no such thing as bad publicity!"?

Makes me think he's got something else hidden up his sleeve besides a few cards.

"A sucker is born every minute," or so they say: beware the long con.
    What, Me Worry?

So here is something I have noticed a few times now at WoV that I have been thinking about.

Let's say Member xxx posts a comment that is considered a personal attack on Member yyy. So Member xxx is suspended for 7 days. Now several different members, member aaa and member ccc (skipping bbb for obvious reasons) "like" or click "thanks" for the comment. Aren't they essentially agreeing with the same personal attack?
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    So here is something I have noticed a few times now at WoV that I have been thinking about.

Let's say Member xxx posts a comment that is considered a personal attack on Member yyy. So Member xxx is suspended for 7 days. Now several different members, member aaa and member ccc (skipping bbb for obvious reasons) "like" or click "thanks" for the comment. Aren't they essentially agreeing with the same personal attack?
    What if I’m the target of the insult and I thank them for it?

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

TRIBUTE TO BBB !!!

Thread Information