Page 160 of 501 FirstFirst ... 60110150156157158159160161162163164170210260 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,200 of 10013

Thread: The WoV Thread

I don't quite "get" while people on a gambling based forum, get so worked up about their political view? It is to the point that hate for people based on their views comes through. I could understand that on some sort of political only type forum (and perhaps you guys belong to some of them too), but it just seems weird to me on what is supposed to be a gambling related forum, like WoV. I actually think WoV had drifted quite a bit away from the gambling related forum, it once was and was supposed to be. Maybe that is the problem.

I mean, not siding with anyone or picking on you Boz, but you see to now have a pretty strong hate for Billy (I am assuming Billryan) based on his political views right? Or is it more than that? Is there something about the situation, I am not familiar with?

I always like Billryan, who posted as Shadroch back on the first forum I was on, the original Blackjackinfo. At that time, I believe he lived in NYC or somewhere in New York, operated a business (I think a bar) and did a bit of traveling playing low limit blackjack. He was pretty knowledgeable and I learned a lot from him. I didn't know about his politics and didn't want to. I didn't know too much about his personal life. He does occasionally mention that he was in the service because he likes to tell stories and that is a part of some.

In short I enjoyed his participation. But you start leaning someone's politics and all that changes. Someone you like, learned from and enjoyed their participation is now your mortal enemy. I don't get that. And I do gotta say, Billryan has changed quite a bit from his blackjackinfo days. He was very likeable back them. Now he seems more cranky, opinionated and looking to "get into trouble". I think his very first post at WoV, or his first post back after a many year hiatus was in a thread entitled KewlJ in which he went off on me (to which I couldn't respond), so I am not the biggest of billryan fans.

I guess I just don't get the political thing and hating people for political views on a supposed gambling forum.

I reckon the people who dislike those with opposing political views are not because they have different views, but the way they act.
    #FreeTyde

Originally Posted by RS__ View Post
    I reckon the people who dislike those with opposing political views are not because they have different views, but the way they act.
    You hit it on the head RS.

That exactly how it is with me. Some liberals like Terps and even AMS you can have a debate with and still respect them. Others, not so much. And there are people who appear to have the same political views as me, like Singer who still aren’t likable to me.

Then again, I’m not the easiest guy to get along with and have built a following of haters.

Looks like more behind the scenes whining by babies caused Bob to get 7 days off. Yea he probably deserves it and pushes the line but something smells on this one. Just the other day Babs gave him a backhanded compliment on how he plays the game and it appeared to piss Ozzy off. Now she goes back and suspends him?

Sorry but I have no respect for pussies sending PM’s complaining about others. Why not put it out there publicly if you have an issue with a post or poster?

But I’m biased based on the way the Naked Hippie went after me recently. I only wish I knew what exactly he threatened but I’m guessing he went to the Norm school.

I think there were plenty of us who complained about EB in public (on PG's thread). EB is the poster child for the "nuclear option" rule.
    #FreeTyde

Evenbob...

Billryan should be called NoMartyBillryan.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I'm shocked but not surprised that Even Bob has been suspended for 7 days. Even Bob was going on a weird belligerent Bender this last couple of days. I got suspended for twice as long for something WAY more innocent than what EB was doing the last couple of days. I mentioned Alimony twice in a thread that was about a guy trying to hide his Jackpot. The thing is, OTHER people brought up the Alimony thing first and I was replying to them. How I was the only one suspended for the Alimony thing despite not being the one who brought it up in the first place was so unfair. Two week suspension for something OTHER people brought up first and I was replying to them. I'm still bitter about that suspension.
    Last edited by Tasha; 02-09-2019 at 03:36 PM.

EB jumped in the Nightmare thread and was telling darkoz (not one of my favorite people) that he couldn't write. He gave DO a clinic on Ernest Hemingway and what a great sentence writer he was, structure, grammar, everything. Hemingway was definitely known for that. However, EB never gave an example of a bad sentence by DO. And this is the real clincher. Louis L'Amour was an editor's nightmare. Bad spelling, grammar, punctuation. But he sold about 50 times more books than Hemingway. One of the best story tellers of all time. I guess EB never heard of an editor.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    EB jumped in the Nightmare thread and was telling darkoz (not one of my favorite people) that he couldn't write. He gave DO a clinic on Ernest Hemingway and what a great sentence writer he was, structure, grammar, everything. Hemingway was definitely known for that. However, EB never gave an example of a bad sentence by DO. And this is the real clincher. Louis L'Amour was an editor's nightmare. Bad spelling, grammar, punctuation. But he sold about 50 times more books than Hemingway. One of the best story tellers of all time. I guess EB never heard of an editor.
    Interesting notes:
    One might think Substance vs Volume
    Hemingway is more of a household name.

Hemingway shot himself in the head with a shotgun.
    61 years old.
    He won the Pulitzer Prize for Fiction in 1953 and Nobel Prize in Literature in 1954.

Louis L'Amour died of Lung Cancer
    80 years old.
    He has over 100 novels and 250 short stories published.

--------------------------------

I think the point is when you are so concerned about being perfect it can drive you insane.
    Louis L'Amour got almost 25% more time.
    However, he most likely had more years in physical pain.
    Last edited by monet; 02-09-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Free ZK! Fuck them if they can’t take a dike joke.

Some of the WoV'ers are having fun guessing whether I'm sober or not. EB says I might be sober this week but check me out next week. LOL! The last time I had a drink was 28 Feb 2016 so the end of this month will be 2 years. Two things happened when I quit drinking. My income went up because I was working more instead of spending so much time drinking....and I wasn't blowing money in the bars anymore. So I'm in a very good position these days. There's one thing about drinking that I absolutely don't miss and that's the hangovers.

Some of the WoV'ers are having fun guessing whether I'm sober or not. EB says I might be sober this week but check me out next week. LOL! The last time I had a drink was 28 Feb 2016 so the end of this month will be 2 years. Two things happened when I quit drinking. My income went up because I was working more instead of spending so much time drinking....and I wasn't blowing money in the bars anymore. So I'm in a very good position these days. There's one thing about drinking that I absolutely don't miss and that's the hangovers.

Obviously something to be proud of and don’t let anyone bring you down and tell you otherwise.

Not that you give a shit what EB or others that question you think anyways.

Nice going mickeycrimm, I agree with what The Boz had to say.

Billryan should be called NoMartyBillryan.
    Broke Billy and Government dependent Billy cover most of it. But feel free to add Fuck the Taxpayers Billy to the list.

And now they got Nathan/Tasha. Who didn’t see that coming?

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Ah fuck, they got Nathan. This is unacceptable. It's time to riot.
    #FreeTyde

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Babs reminds me of that bartender that had a hard on for any women in the bar. She felt she was the queen bee and the other women were in her way so 86'd them.

Damn, Gordon said his peace and paid for it. Look everyone knows I’ve had my issues with Nathan in the past, but the treatment she gets over there is garbage.

Drawing Dead seems to have it out for Babs too.

Bob, Broke Billy, ZK, Gordon and of course myself all on suspension at the same time. Strange Days indeed.

It is pretty clear that the WoV Forum is just a Front.
    IMO the real aspect of WoV is the Private Message System.
    Most members are going to be on the outside looking in but they use the Forum for recruiting purposes.
    They filter the members from the threads to the backdoor via PMs.

It didn't take too long for me to notice that.
    I am not totally against it but it just feels funny.
    My experience is a good fit but I have never been a Team Player so it is a major conflict.
    The usual PM from most of the main players is always the same.
    I was surprised how the greeting is identical from multiple members.
    It goes something like this:

Hey _____ !
    I have always enjoyed your body of posts.

After this it can vary a bit.
    Usually you are invited to a regular poker game or some other meet and greet.

Wizard of Nothing had a different approach.
    He basically said Hello and gave you his phone number to call him asap.
    I was surprised how well it worked but scams usually work pretty well in general.

One interesting note is how respectful they are about BBB and Wizard on the Forum.
    However in person or in PM things tend to be completely different.

It is also used as a Front to make money though legal means as well.
    I found it fun or entertaining but it is pretty clear that it loses its flavor after time passes.
    The same goes for this Forum as well.
    The truth is that we really do not have much more to discuss that hasn't been posted.
    So now both Forums are just a place where you can wage your own personal battles.
    Those battles can range from Gaming to Politics to the all favorite:
    My Member is Longer than Yours.

I find it funny how some members bashed BBB and Mission146 for questionable actions.
    6 months later they are praising them as Moderators and Individuals.
    Tough to get a bead on how people really feel about each other.
    I expect that from the gambling community though.
    It certainly is not some squeaky clean profession or community by any means.

Gathering Storm Expansion (Civ VI) is going to be released in about 1 hour and 20 mins.
    I find the Civilization Forums to be an opposite contrast compared to this Forum and WoV.
    So there is that.
    Last edited by monet; 02-13-2019 at 08:50 PM.

Thread Information