Page 444 of 501 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494 ... LastLast
Results 8,861 to 8,880 of 10016

Thread: The WoV Thread

Originally Posted by Alan Mendelson View Post
    We are facing the worst of economic scenarios: a slumpflation which is not supposed to happen. A slumping economy (recession or worse) is supposed to force demand and prices down.

Instead we're getting rapid inflation.

It is very tricky to resolve. This happens maybe once in a generation.
    That's actually called stagflation. But whatever.

What is the longest period of time for a reserve currency to survive before being replaced?

What is the longest amount of time that a fiat currency has survived?

Now,,,,, where is the US dollar?........lol

Slumpflation is worse than stagflation and happens less often.

Maxpen I doubt the US dollar will ever be replaced. We no longer have a gold based world economy but a US dollar based world economy.

But you knew that.

Lol.....

Alan, you are surrounded by death. Yet, you've figured out so little that matters.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsa6ojQcYXQ

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Blog at https://garnabby.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Mdawg could be employing all kinds of trades to score profits now including puts and calls, butterfly spreads and even outright short selling.

Why there is such a fascination with him I can't understand.

Some people do profit in a down market.

I think you'll all live longer if you just worry about your own retirement money and not his.

You are right, he COULD be. But that isn’t what he is claiming. He is claiming he is predicting bounces on down days and knows exactly when to take advantage of them. Naturally posting about them after the fact. And claiming how “easy” they are to predict.

Attached is the chart for Amazon today when it lost over 7% of its value and $165. And while there were some bounces during the day, only an idiot would believe MD knew exactly when those bounces would occur.

It’s a BS claim and I believe you see that as well.

Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    You're right. Hitting small bounces on a slope like that takes a miracle. But if he's trading options there is much more cushion for a hot trader to take advantage of.

Honestly I haven't traded options in 20+ years but I know the business very well. With a hot stock like Anazon there are probably huge fluctuations in option prices that allow for quick profits.

With that said... you're right, he's never mentioned options.

Maybe we just gave him a tip? LOL

Maxpen I doubt the US dollar will ever be replaced. We no longer have a gold based world economy but a US dollar based world economy.

But you knew that.
    Because it is different this time?

Better hope we win the war if that's the case. Gonna be a little hard to do considering most of our war materials are made in China....RIP

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Lol.....
    You guys are, likely, arguing over the same thing.
    Every one /everyone knows it all; yet, no thing /nothing is truly known by any one /anyone. Similarly, the suckers think that they win, but, the house always wins, unless to hand out an even worse beating.

Garnabby + OppsIdidItAgain + ThomasClines (or TomasHClines) + The Grim Reaper + LMR + OneHitWonder (or 1HitWonder, 1Hit1der) + Bill Yung ---> GOTTLOB1, or GOTTLOB = Praise to God!

Barnaby you can Google both Slumpflation and Stagflation and there's a difference.

I am a trained economist.

I am the guy responsible for the changes in the 1970s for how the government now reports Unemployment and CPI statistics. Yes, I interviewed four Presidents too. LOL

Originally Posted by Garnabby View Post
    Lol.....
    You guys are, likely, arguing over the same thing.
    That's why I am laughing. Alan will argue about anything. The words are synonymous. But the correct term from textbooks is stagflation.

Barnaby you can Google both Slumpflation and Stagflation and there's a difference.

I am a trained economist.

I am the guy responsible for the changes in the 1970s for how the government now reports Unemployment and CPI statistics. Yes, I interviewed four Presidents too. LOL
    The CPI is a joke. Not even close to reality. Has everything you don't need.....RIP

I got a better joke than the CPI:

Housing Starts. Why dont they count housing finishes?

A housing start is defined as turning over a spade full of earth. That's it.

When Nixon was up for re-election he called his buddies in the housebuilding biz to "start houses." So they had their workers go into empty fields and turn over spade fulls of earth.

For the record:

Definition of slumpflation
    : a state or period of combined economic decline and rising inflation.

stag·fla·tion

persistent high inflation combined with high unemployment and stagnant demand in a country's economy.

Definition of a liar

Someone who claims to have seen 18 yos

I am a trained economist. I am the guy responsible for the changes in the 1970s for how the government now reports Unemployment and CPI statistics. Yes, I interviewed four Presidents too. LOL
    Presidents of what? I googled it. All there is is you talking about it on the internet.

As for the gambling exploits, there is always a polygraph test to begin to narrow things down a bit. Otherwise, you're just farting around.

Housing finishes? Then how did Alan Mendelson finish?

That's actually called stagflation.
    What's it called when maxpuke has a dick up his ass? Stagpenetration.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    That's actually called stagflation.
    What's it called when maxpuke has a dick up his ass? Stagpenetration.
    Micky coming strong. Can MaxPen take the pain !?! Tune in folks for the next post !

I still plan on incorporating "calm your tallywacker" into my vocab but it has yet to make an appearance.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I am a trained economist. I am the guy responsible for the changes in the 1970s for how the government now reports Unemployment and CPI statistics. Yes, I interviewed four Presidents too. LOL
    Presidents of what? I googled it. All there is is you talking about it on the internet.

As for the gambling exploits, there is always a polygraph test to begin to narrow things down a bit. Otherwise, you're just farting around.

Garnabby, I'm going to call you out on this. I'm very surprised that you would try to claim some kind of "research" or "knowledge" based on the phrase "I googled it."

"I googled it" means zero, nada, nothing. I mean, what the hell? What are you trying to pull? "I googled it" -- like that means something.

C'mon, man.

So, let's get to the nitty gritty. You do all this detailed analysis and research of numbers and phrases, and you try to pull an "I googled it."

Let's examine your "I googled it."

1) How many items per page of "googling it" is your browser set for and how many pages did you read? Did you read two pages, five, 10, 50, or 500? because unless you read 500, you didn't really examine anything.

2) How many reference items did you actually read? Again, was it 20, or 50, or 500 or more? Because unless you went to 500 or more, you didn't research anything.

3) How many different combinations of "Alan Mendelson" and "presidents" and "interviews" did you use? Did you reference his job titles when he did the interviews or just his name? Did you use the stations he worked for and the shows he was working for or just his name?

4) Finally, how much time did you spend on this "googling?" An hour, a day, 40 hours? Because if you're doing actual research, it should have been closer to 40 hours than 40 minutes.

So don't post "I googled it" like some child. "I googled it" is a joke without details. If you're not going to list how many items you read and how much time you spent, don't bother saying "I googled it."

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

Garnabby, I'm going to call you out on this. I'm very surprised that you would try to claim some kind of "research" or "knowledge" based on the phrase "I googled it."

"I googled it" means zero, nada, nothing. I mean, what the hell? What are you trying to pull? "I googled it" -- like that means something.

C'mon, man.

So, let's get to the nitty gritty. You do all this detailed analysis and research of numbers and phrases, and you try to pull an "I googled it."

Let's examine your "I googled it."

1) How many items per page of "googling it" is your browser set for and how many pages did you read? Did you read two pages, five, 10, 50, or 500? because unless you read 500, you didn't really examine anything.

2) How many reference items did you actually read? Again, was it 20, or 50, or 500 or more? Because unless you went to 500 or more, you didn't research anything.

3) How many different combinations of "Alan Mendelson" and "presidents" and "interviews" did you use? Did you reference his job titles when he did the interviews or just his name? Did you use the stations he worked for and the shows he was working for or just his name?

4) Finally, how much time did you spend on this "googling?" An hour, a day, 40 hours? Because if you're doing actual research, it should have been closer to 40 hours than 40 minutes.

So don't post "I googled it" like some child. "I googled it" is a joke without details. If you're not going to list how many items you read and how much time you spent, don't bother saying "I googled it."
    Hi, Red. I didn't have a lot of time to really go through all of this, so, what I did was type one line into the anagram solver. It was the first and only thing I thus tried - or strike me down. My mini-vacation from the serious stuff, which will consume me for the unforeseeable future.

Redietz's four points to do with googling, post seven thousand, one hundred eighty-four.
    --->

List of Presidents of The George Washington University.

https://anagram-solver.net/redietz%2...r?partial=true

Oh, couldn't resist. Your post looked so structured.

Please paste a sample text containing at least 50 words, then click the button below to let the algorithm analyze it.

https://www.writingtoiq.com/

Estimated IQ: 84 (below average)

If the button doesn't work, refresh the page or shorten the text and try again.

P.S. Alan suggested that I google stuff, so, I did. Called me, Barnaby.

Name:  qzycM-1566223436-264-show-BarnabyJones_header_940x370.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  32.4 KB

Garnabby
    Gold

Last edited by Garnabby; 05-19-2022 at 08:18 AM.

Ummm... maybe this stuff happened before TV stations had websites or even video... and used 16mm magnetic stripe film.

I'm guessing Garnaby is younger than my kids. They're in their 40s.

That generation saw the birth of the Internet.

The rest of us know there were things published and broadcast even before there was tape to record it.

Yeah. I'm old.

Thread Information