Page 116 of 507 FirstFirst ... 1666106112113114115116117118119120126166216 ... LastLast
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 10128

Thread: The WoV Thread

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Prozema View Post
    That's how Trump won. A bunch of people that intended to vote for him kept their mouths shut. I see no reason to make an enemy out of half the population. WOV clearly leans left. I don't want show my hole cards.
    I agree. A lot of people didn't want to deal with the hatred, visciousness and vitriol of the left over Trump so they kept their mouths shut about who they were really going to vote for.
    Yeah... We were called racist, sexist, deplorable... And we just shut up and voted. I can't blame Monet for doing essentially the same thing to this board.

That's how Trump won. A bunch of people that intended to vote for him kept their mouths shut. I see no reason to make an enemy out of half the population. WOV clearly leans left. I don't want show my hole cards.
    I agree. A lot of people didn't want to deal with the hatred, visciousness and vitriol of the left over Trump so they kept their mouths shut about who they were really going to vote for.
    Yeah... We were called racist, sexist, deplorable... And we just shut up and voted. I can't blame Monet for doing essentially the same thing to this board.

I think you guys should rethink using the phrase, "the left." I'm left of Marx, but I wouldn't have voted for Hillary Clinton unless you put a gun to my head. Her disdain for the working class disqualified her, and her husband's antics in office made her unelectable for a large segment of the population. So as much as some might think the quiet Trump voters turned the electoral tide, those of us on the disgusted left refused to support Clinton, which may have been just as big a problem for her as Trump's silent minority.

There are just too many stereotypes. Protecting working class living standards from immigration flooding was the province of "the left" not many moons ago. And it's the 1%ers who run the US mega-corps who have no issue with supplying cheap labor for their companies with immigration flooding. Those 1%ers are primarily Republicans. Just too many easy peasy stereotypes.

I agree with half of Trump's policies, but I would never have voted for him. You had to make the call as to whether he was the guy who behaved a certain way for 30 years or the guy who talked a certain way for 18 months.

P.S. LOL -- someone just pointed out to me that by saying "I agree with half of Trump's policies," I have managed to alienate more than 99% of all readers. Well, that's probably true enough. Sad but true. What 30 years ago might have been considered a reasonable, thought-out middle ground is now grounds for disbarment from any political group or discussion.
    Last edited by redietz; 05-26-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    @Rob.Singer.

I'm not sure what kind of game you are trying to play. It's VERY odd that you have never mentioned my GF and our marital status before, yet just a few days ago I mentioned on WOV that we just got married on the 16th. I don't think it's a coincidence you suddenly mentioned somthing about our marital status twice. I have a feeling you are just trying to get me to mention it on here so you don't have to admit you read WOV, yet you really want to make some rude comment about it.

You could have just asked about it in a normal way like a normal person, but I guess that's not your style.

I asked you about your system in a normal way with realistic questions I had no motive other than curiosity.

p.s. I never jumped on the bashing Rob Singers family members like others have.
    I have no idea what @rob.singer means. And reading what the libtards, homos, foreigners & minorities say on WoV is certainly not something anyone with a family or life would ever do.

Congratulations on FINALLY getting her to marry you. Only problem is, if your life really revolves around gambling and you have no skills or education like most of the rest who post on forums like this, what's the point....where's her future headed? My guess is that she ends up abused.

The thing about bashing family members....you people are so dumb and easy to take advantage of at every turn. Who cares what anonymous or meaningless people say about anyone's mother, spouse, best friend, or whatever on some internet forum? And the only people who let it bother them have no life of value because they seem to survive on "fond memories". But therein lies the fun factor. mickey reacts like a weak little sissy so I pile it on. I also think anybody with a brain bigger than the size of a pea, can quickly and easily picture the mother of such a low-life alcoholic bum like him to be rotten-toothed or toothless with skanky-wrinkled/crustified skin and having a blissful collection of pimples and boils as far as the eye can see.

Redietz
    You’re right. In general protecting the working class standards used to be “the left’s” province. Not so much anymore. Open border advocates are primarily (or entirely) Democrats, hurting middle class workers.

Cal was once the home of free speech. Not so much anymore. Now the diversity of opinion on campus is not welcomed so much. The primary advocates for “you can’t say that”, political correctness, shut down the “hater”, hate speech are Democrats. They don’t seem to remember “hate speech”, is protected speech.

It used to be, “the left”, viewed the CIA, the FBI, and the intel community with great skepticism (a view I personally share). Not so much anymore. Now, if you disagree with the intel agencies you are viewed as a flat earther who deserves to be chased out of the community by the pitchfork and torch carrying Democrats.

Yes. Many standards have changed. Both parties have moved left. The Democrat party of my youth would be far to the right of present day republicans and MILES to right of present day democrats.

The sad thing is that We the People are very apolitical, at least as compared to earlier generations.

Oh sure many of us bitch and moan on boards but when it comes down to actual political work such as participating in political precinct activities or local political party functions: pretty much crickets.

No wonder Big Money and Corporations have taken over the American political landscape.

Time for the young-uns to come up with and support a new party, one that reflects their views and which they are willing to really care about and work for.

Yeah, even if Bernie carries their spear: go for it, guys!
    What, Me Worry?

If big money and corporations were running the system we'd be saying madam president.

If you are looking for an outsider that both parties hate to step up and take charge, you have that now and it has nothing to do with Mr. Sanders.

The last time I voted for an outsider, he got enough votes to cost H.W. Bush the presidency, and hand it over to Bill Clinton. Remember Perot? Sometimes it doesn’t pay to be naive.

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    The last time I voted for an outsider, he got enough votes to cost H.W. Bush the presidency, and hand it over to Bill Clinton. Remember Perot? Sometimes it doesn’t pay to be naive.
    When it became apparent that Perot could possibly win, he received death threats in regards to his family members, and so he dropped out of the race.

I was a big fan of Perot. He was someone who continually said, "Run the preview tests, see how the programs do, then make decisions on further implementation." Perot was the diametric opposite of the Trumpster. Perot served in the military, became a billionaire via himself, and relied on facts.

I would have paid big money to see a Trump/Perot debate because I think Perot would have handled him in a way nobody else could.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    I was a big fan of Perot. He was someone who continually said, "Run the preview tests, see how the programs do, then make decisions on further implementation." Perot was the diametric opposite of the Trumpster. Perot served in the military, became a billionaire via himself, and relied on facts.

I would have paid big money to see a Trump/Perot debate because I think Perot would have handled him in a way nobody else could.
    Yes. He would have his charts and use that stick pointer. He was pretty convincing. Hell he got like 19% of the vote. That’s huge!

You're boring, Welfare Rob. You really do need to find some new ignorant blather.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Babs continues to pick on poor Nathan accusing her of trolling while letting her libtard friends troll away in the Trump thread. She's setting Nathan up to nuke her. Jealousy. Babs obviously can't stand another woman getting attention. She reminds me of a bartender I know in Montana that throws the women out of the bar at the least infraction while letting the men run amok. She just can't stand other women getting attention from the men.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 05-26-2018 at 07:19 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I feel bad for Nathan.

V, you've really got your nose up Babs ass. LOLOLOL!

AZDuffman quoted a very insulting post Babs made to Nathan on page 164 of the Trump thread. He called Babs out for personal insult. I looked for the original post but couldn't find it. I went to the search engine and typed in the first several words of the post. It didn't show. That can only mean Babs removed the post after Duffman complained. Babs has not responded to Duffman's post. She's trying to cover it up. The members there should not let her get away with it.

Babs posts concerning Nathan are a not so clever attempt to set Nathan up for a nuke. This is just more evidence that Babs is not fit to be a WoV moderator. But good help is hard to find especially when they work for nothing.

V, you've really got your nose up Babs ass.
    Bullshit, Crimm.

I was testing her, to see if she will indeed suspend herself again.

Given recent suspensions there an argument can certainly be made that her little flame of Nathan crossed the line.

Then again, Nathan deserves to be flamed: sort of like a retard walking around wearing a "Kick me" sign.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    V, you've really got your nose up Babs ass.
    Bullshit, Crimm.

I was testing her, to see if she will indeed suspend herself again.

Given recent suspensions there an argument can certainly be made that her little flame of Nathan crossed the line.

Then again, Nathan deserves to be flamed: sort of like a retard walking around wearing a "Kick me" sign.
    That's your problem, V. It's obvious Nathan is a little on the slow side. I go gentle on people like that but you want to mash them like a bug. Says a lot about you. If you think Babs should suspend herself then why haven't you told her? Are you to chickenshit?

BTW, Babs is now attempting to doxx Nathan.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

Yes. He would have his charts and use that stick pointer. He was pretty convincing. Hell he got like 19% of the vote. That’s huge!

For the record, I am a registered Independent in Massachusetts, which basically meaning nothing. Voting in Massachusetts, New York, and California is worthless if you vote for a Republican or Independent in a major election. I must give Massachusetts credit for voting for three different candidates for governor in the last 25 years that were Republican. Deval Patrick was voted in at 2008 and he was African American.

So, I will attempt to take politics into an advantage play. (Isn't this what the website is about?)

Humor me, here I go. The 1992 election was screwed up a bit when 60 Minutes had their interview with Mr. and Mrs. Clinton. She stated that she would not be Tammy Wynette and "Stand by her man". Fine, but Steve Kroft should have gone after Bill and asked if he any indiscretions in the White House, should he be removed? My view on this issue has changed but it would have set up a template for the current administration.

Everyone can argue Trump versus Clinton. Since my vote would not make a difference, if I did not vote Democratic in this election, I voted for a guy that has been president in may local organizations. Yeah, I voted for myself. My college aged daughter was pissed, but what the heck, really? I was the better candidate.

OK, why am I tossing out stuff about the election? I thought the new president would make great waves in the stock market in his first 12 to 15 months. By coincidence I stared to borrow heavily on my Home Equity Mortgage. The mortgage was at 2.75 percent and the market ended up at 24.5 percent.

I will say it, for good or bad, a great move. I will not use that two letter initial designation (starts with an A, ends with P).

Do I love the present administration? I am not a blueblood but I want the economy to move forward.

Somehow I think we will always move in a positive direction.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    @Rob.Singer.

I'm not sure what kind of game you are trying to play. It's VERY odd that you have never mentioned my GF and our marital status before, yet just a few days ago I mentioned on WOV that we just got married on the 16th. I don't think it's a coincidence you suddenly mentioned somthing about our marital status twice. I have a feeling you are just trying to get me to mention it on here so you don't have to admit you read WOV, yet you really want to make some rude comment about it.

You could have just asked about it in a normal way like a normal person, but I guess that's not your style.

I asked you about your system in a normal way with realistic questions I had no motive other than curiosity.

p.s. I never jumped on the bashing Rob Singers family members like others have.
    I have no idea what @rob.singer means. And reading what the libtards, homos, foreigners & minorities say on WoV is certainly not something anyone with a family or life would ever do.

Congratulations on FINALLY getting her to marry you. Only problem is, if your life really revolves around gambling and you have no skills or education like most of the rest who post on forums like this, what's the point....where's her future headed? My guess is that she ends up abused.

The thing about bashing family members....you people are so dumb and easy to take advantage of at every turn. Who cares what anonymous or meaningless people say about anyone's mother, spouse, best friend, or whatever on some internet forum? And the only people who let it bother them have no life of value because they seem to survive on "fond memories". But therein lies the fun factor. mickey reacts like a weak little sissy so I pile it on. I also think anybody with a brain bigger than the size of a pea, can quickly and easily picture the mother of such a low-life alcoholic bum like him to be rotten-toothed or toothless with skanky-wrinkled/crustified skin and having a blissful collection of pimples and boils as far as the eye can see.
    On my other hobby forums-where civilized people post-the presence of the @ symbol automatically directs that person's post to your message list.

The @ symbol is functionality a search tool... @xxx...x (where x = any character, means you are searching or speaking of a person. #xxx...x means you are speaking about or searching for a topic. That convention allows you to find all related content with a search engine across various platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram. An example might be #BadVideoPokerStrategy or #18YosInaRow. :-)

I just offered a bet that Nathan is female. I think I'm a bad person for doing that.

Babs is getting away with covering up her insulting post to Nathan.

Thread Information